2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

If barely losing to the Raiders was not proof enough, last nights massacre is proof that New England has seen their better days. Buffalo has the best team in the division. The only problem is they do not have a franchise QB yet. If Orten plays well they will win. I am not saying they beat the Lions who in my opinion are a Super Bowl contender, but after that, the wins can come. And even if Manuel returns and plays better. This is a wake up call for him. But its also a chance for a veteran to play with the best talent that has ever surrounded him. Can he do what Rich Gannon did? Time will tell

Yes, the Pats got taken to the cleaners last night--it gives me hope that Andy Dalton can do something to them this coming Sunday night....

I love Cincy to beat the shit out of them. ESPN just put up their projections to win the AFC EAST. Miami 32% Buffalo 30% NE 3%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffalo can win this thing. We beat Miami. Whether this is a wake up call for Manuel or a real shot for Orten, if Orten plays average, we can win because we have more talent at the skilled positions by far than any team in the division and have the best defense. Some questions with Gilmore but a pretty solid defense. Not sure if they can pull and upset at Detroit but Miami and New England must stiill play San Diego, Denver and Green Bay. Ouch.

My ten star two team lock of the week. Cincy over New England and San Diego over the Jets.

Next Thursday should be a little better--hell, a lot better... Colts at Texans....

I took Minny with no clue the QB was out. Colts should destroy Texans. I am licking my chops on that Dallas, San Diego and Seattle parlay. Love the Bengals too. I do not think you can fix a mess like that in one week

How does the Hall of Fame work? Take Bret Favre. Would he go into The HOF as a Packer? or the last team he played with? Or does the player get to choose?

I think it's usually the team the player made his mark with but in the end, the player gets to choose.

I wonder what--if anything--will be done about these Thursday Night shitfest games. I'm guessing nothing as long as the ratings stay up and the cash keeps rolling in...

Too busy watching Os and Angels baseball playoff games to even care about last night's game.

Angels and Royals did, how early do you think I go to sleep?

Actually, I wasn't even aware the O's and Kitty's were playing last night until reading about it here. Too many obscure channels used anymore....

Angels and Royals did, how early do you think I go to sleep?

Actually, I wasn't even aware the O's and Kitty's were playing last night until reading about it here. Too many obscure channels used anymore....

Man you are just plain OUT OF TOUCH!!! Oh, that's right, the poor Yankees did not make it. So how do you feel about Maryland getting 8 vs Ohio St? I am going to jump on that. And put them with Rutgers and Clemson

Man you are just plain OUT OF TOUCH!!! Oh, that's right, the poor Yankees did not make it. So how do you feel about Maryland getting 8 vs Ohio St? I am going to jump on that. And put them with Rutgers and Clemson

Easy now, Rick. I'm not 18 anymore and can't count the minutes until the games start. Family, work, and fantasy football have priorities too! ;):D Glad for your O's! :)

Now, back on topic - the AFC LEast are now the worst division in football! Yeah, I said it!

Biggest surprise so far this season: Arizona Cardinals being undefeated while missing their starting qb. On the backside, you could go with New England looking horrid or the Saints not off to a good start, but what about the team that has made the NFC Championship game the last 3 years? San Francisco looks to be on the verge of implosion. I've been hearing about locker room dissension, they have had so many off field issues, the players are getting tired of harbaugh and his tactics, and now injuries are starting pile up. The seem like they're on the brink off disaster.

Before leaving Seattle, got to check out Seattle Seahawks stadium...or as it is officially named, CenturyLink Field. Unfortunately it was set up for a Seattle Sounders soccer game, so the field didn't have the Seahawks logo. But I got to see the Ring of Honor and Super Bowl banner and Hawks Nest. It was a drizzly grey day, and the Monday Night game was about to start so went across the street to watch game at Pyramid Ale House. The Hawks Nest Bar was closed...apparently it is only open during game days.

post-1470-0-03065200-1412408780_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-14574500-1412408826_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-06807500-1412408875_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-44727400-1412408921_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-00569500-1412408988_thumb.jp

Easy now, Rick. I'm not 18 anymore and can't count the minutes until the games start. Family, work, and fantasy football have priorities too! ;):D Glad for your O's! :)

Now, back on topic - the AFC LEast are now the worst division in football! Yeah, I said it!

Biggest surprise so far this season: Arizona Cardinals being undefeated while missing their starting qb. On the backside, you could go with New England looking horrid or the Saints not off to a good start, but what about the team that has made the NFC Championship game the last 3 years? San Francisco looks to be on the verge of implosion. I've been hearing about locker room dissension, they have had so many off field issues, the players are getting tired of harbaugh and his tactics, and now injuries are starting pile up. The seem like they're on the brink off disaster.

Just because you say it does not make it true. Anyway, check out this $3 parlay that if it wins will pay $708.79

Atlanta +170

Tampa +525

Buffalo +280

Arizona +270

Nuts isn't it? But not impossible. All money line. must win outright

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Walter Jr. will be so happy to see your pictures! Thanks for sharing, Strider! :)

Before leaving Seattle, got to check out Seattle Seahawks stadium...or as it is officially named, CenturyLink Field. Unfortunately it was set up for a Seattle Sounders soccer game, so the field didn't have the Seahawks logo. But I got to see the Ring of Honor and Super Bowl banner and Hawks Nest. It was a drizzly grey day, and the Monday Night game was about to start so went across the street to watch game at Pyramid Ale House. The Hawks Nest Bar was closed...apparently it is only open during game days.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140929_175857.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140929_180256.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140929_180050.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140929_175639.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140929_174720.jpg

Walter, I know you said the AFC East was the worst division in football, but were you forgetting about the NFC South when you made that statement?

Speaking of the South, I have no faith whatsoever in the Falcons on the road. Matty Ice will probably be melted ice again--but on the flipside, how good are the Giants, really--they beat the Skins and the Texans, but I'm still not sold on them either. What a game that should be today... :rolleyes:

Oh, and in case Andy is reading this...

092114-miavkc-db3540.jpg