2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

I'm proud of my Lions but for god's sake, they needed a good blowout win like on Sunday. They were due. The whole season will likely be decided by what happens against the Packers.

Personally, I don't think we stand a chance, given the way the Pack has been playing at home, but maybe our defense can get us through it.*

*(Never been able to say that as a Lions fan)

I only trust them if they have home field--although last night tells me that defense may still be a little suspect. Of course, if Arizona ends up clinching the #1 seed, I may have to rethink my position--even with Drew Stanton as the QB.....

Arizona will not be a #1 seed, they might end up being out of the playoffs altogether. I could see them dropping their last 3 in a row. Ellington is on the IR now. They play at the Rams, home v. Seattle, and then wrap up at SF. If they lose all 3, that would leave them 10-6.

YAYPS! 2 fractures in his back? What ashame! The Panthers have a semi-easy remainder of the season. If anyone in the South gets in, I was hoping it would be them. Thanks Paul.

Romo missed one game with that injury and has been playing ever since. Btw, after sustaining that injury, Romo came back in from the locker room to finish the game - which he shouldn't have! Hope Cam is not seriously injured.

Arizona will not be a #1 seed, they might end up being out of the playoffs altogether. I could see them dropping their last 3 in a row. Ellington is on the IR now. They play at the Rams, home v. Seattle, and then wrap up at SF. If they lose all 3, that would leave them 10-6.

I doubt they lose to SF. SF is a mess. St Louis is going to be a great team. Just too late this year. I do not think anyone would want to see them right now

What will Marvin Lewis have to say if the Bungles go down to the Browns this Sunday. Hell, I think I may change my pick in anticipation of Cincinnati doing some to royally screw themselves...

I took Cleveland and now that Johnny football is playing I feel even better. My boys need to win. You all think they have no chance I know. But you are all mistaken. We have beaten Green Bay there before and Buffalo is no easy place to win at. The Bills will win this and stay alive.

Even bigger "yikes" for the Cards--depending on how serious this Stanton injury is, they are down to Ryan Lindley and if Ryan gets hurt, there's Logan Thomas. And I'm not sure if there's anyone off the street who you can sign and ask to come in and be your starting QB--tough times ahead for Arizona....

Even bigger "yikes" for the Cards--depending on how serious this Stanton injury is, they are down to Ryan Lindley and if Ryan gets hurt, there's Logan Thomas. And I'm not sure if there's anyone off the street who you can sign and ask to come in and be your starting QB--tough times ahead for Arizona....

Funny thing is, with that TDless game the Cards are in no matter what, and the have the tie breaker over your boys if a wildcard situation arises. Must win up in Philly Sunday night.

Regardless the outcome or if in fact they do have a post season appearance, the red Jesus will get a new contract from Jerry.

^^ Well, the Cowboys are not exactly my boys, if that was who you were referring to. I'm just rooting for Dallas this Sunday for familial reasons.

Bruce Arians was feeling himself a little bit after that Thursday Night victory. I guess when you're 11-3 with all the QB issues they have had, you've earned the right to talk some shit.

Getting pressure on Rodgers and bringing him down when you get said pressure will be the key--Rodgers can be an elusive son-of-a-gun getting out of the pocket and making plays down the field. The only chance I think Buffalo has today is to playing stifling defense--I know you don't want to get into a shootout with Aaron Rodgers.

And part of me is wondering if I should watch the Packers, instead of watching what will be the beatdown in New England...

Looks like I will pay through the nose for switching my Bungles pick...

So much for Johnny football. As for the Bills, the defense is playing lights out. Need Orton to get the offense going. Almost pick sixed Rogers. Woods dropped a ball and then Orton threw a pick. Now Green Bay in 3rd and long.

Archived