2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

How 'bout them Cowboys!?!

:cheer:

Yeah, that's more like it. When that 21-0 lead became a 24-21 deficit, I was thinking "here we go again". But Dallas finally showed some gumption and now they are in the driver's seat for the division title. Indianapolis will be tough but still winnable, and they should destroy Washington in their last game. The Eagles, meanwhile, finish the season at Washington and the Giants.

Green Bay put their number one seed in doubt with that loss to Buffalo. Seattle is coming on strong, and the Seattle-Arizona game will have #1 seed implications.

New England is, as always, the eternal AFC East champions...the king of the east. Miami and Buffalo may have pretensions of contesting for the crown but they are like the emperor with no clothes. With Rodgers' pratfall in Buffalo, Tom Brady should be the odds-on favourite for NFL MVP.

Seattle at Arizona this coming Sunday will be huge, to say the least. Whoever gets that #1 seed in the NFC I think will be in the driver's seat--even if it's Arizona with all their QB problems. Green Bay's stumble in Buffalo was a critical blow to them, but they have essentially what amounts to a bye week vs. Tampa coming up, so there's still a chance for the Packers.

And Bong-Man knows how big that Week 17 showdown between the Lions and Pack will be....

Seattle at Arizona this coming Sunday will be huge, to say the least. Whoever gets that #1 seed in the NFC I think will be in the driver's seat--even if it's Arizona with all their QB problems. Green Bay's stumble in Buffalo was a critical blow to them, but they have essentially what amounts to a bye week vs. Tampa coming up, so there's still a chance for the Packers.

And Bong-Man knows how big that Week 17 showdown between the Lions and Pack will be....

Of course there is a chance. Can the Lions win the NFC central title by winning in Green Bay? A tall order. Seattle are 9 pt favorites on the road in that game. Strange. Why? Ill take the 9. As for my Bills, their chances are far better than most think. Denver at Cincy is a huge game in their process. If Denver wins, NE can clinch home field next week meaning the Bills will likely not see Brady in week 17. But it may actually be better for them to have to beat New England at full strength. If Denver wins, Two Buffao wins would put them over Cincy, and KC if they lose in Pittsburgh. If Pittsburgh stumbles in that game, Buffalo can put them on their platter instead. SD must lose one of two road games at SF and KC. Highly likely the way they are playing. So if we must beat New England to get in at full strength, bring it on I say. If you cant beat them, then you are not going anywhere any way. And with our QB situation its a stretch. But we may have beaten the best damn team in football yesterday.

Seattle at Arizona this coming Sunday will be huge, to say the least. Whoever gets that #1 seed in the NFC I think will be in the driver's seat--even if it's Arizona with all their QB problems.

I disagree with you somewhat on that notion, Paul. It is far easier to win in Arizona for a road team than it is in Seattle or Green Bay. So even if Arizona gets the number one seed, I wouldn't say they would be in the driver seat the way Seattle or Green Bay would be if they are the top seed.

As for Detroit, I'll believe it when I see it. As much as I would like to believe the Lions can step up and wrest the NFC North title away from Green Bay, their past performance doesn't inspire much confidence.

Redrum must be in shock over what has happened to San Francisco. Total meltdown and crumbling of what looked to be a promising run.

I disagree with you somewhat on that notion, Paul. It is far easier to win in Arizona for a road team than it is in Seattle or Green Bay. So even if Arizona gets the number one seed, I wouldn't say they would be in the driver seat the way Seattle or Green Bay would be if they are the top seed.

As for Detroit, I'll believe it when I see it. As much as I would like to believe the Lions can step up and wrest the NFC North title away from Green Bay, their past performance doesn't inspire much confidence.

Redrum must be in shock over what has happened to San Francisco. Total meltdown and crumbling of what looked to be a promising run.

You are 100% correct that its tougher to win in Green Bay and Seattle. And its pretty tough to win in Buffalo too as Rogers found out. We have to go in and wax your Raiders and we are alive in the last week no matter what happens next week. I am shocked Arizona is getting 9 at home. 9 at home? And they are a possible number one seed? That is absurd. My money is going down. I just put in a parlay, Buffalo and St Louis. Can the Lions win in Green Bay? Their defense that somehow is the best they have ever had in modern era, with the departure of Swartz who has really done a great job in Buffalo, must be at their best. Stafford must have a big game. Its possible but very tough. Back in the 70s I remember a game when Detroit went into County stadium in Milwaukee, when Green Bay used to split their games between Lambeau and County stadium and absolutely hammered the Packers. I do not remember them winning there since. Back to the Bills, the football world is in shock over their win yesterday. I guess they did not see that Green Bay has NEVER won in Buffalo. 0-6. That is very strange. And even if they haul in that dropped pass, I am not sold we do not beat them. Bills hold Manning and Rogers under 200 yds back to back weeks. What will this defense do to the Raiders? Raiders can run the ball and that is the only thing that I am concerned with . If they try and throw their QB will be on his back often. The Bills will win and stay alive heading 3000 miles back East to Foxboro. I want Brady to play and face this defense now. As for tonights game, its a stinker. How the hell does New Orleans have a shot to take over first at 5-8? I am with Ted Brusci, I believe Atlanta finds a way and they are the best in that lousy division. Carolina being in first is a joke. I think the Vikings and Jets would beat them now. Even the Raiders.

Need 49ers to be professionals and show up next Sat night and beat SD. That would put the Bills ahead of SD no matter what happens after if we win. But they would still have motivation in week 17 vs KC.

Tonight's shitfest on ESPN should be entertaining in the way that some folks find themselves staring at a car accident. I know I won't waste my time with that BS--just hoping the Saints win to help my record.

Btw, Rick, the Pats should have a lot to play for in Week 17 against Buffalo--i have to think the #1 seed in the AFC will be on the line, so no resting starters for Belichick, I would imagine....

Tonight's shitfest on ESPN should be entertaining in the way that some folks find themselves staring at a car accident. I know I won't waste my time with that BS--just hoping the Saints win to help my record.

Btw, Rick, the Pats should have a lot to play for in Week 17 against Buffalo--i have to think the #1 seed in the AFC will be on the line, so no resting starters for Belichick, I would imagine....

Not if Cincy beats Denver

^^^

Murray will still play. It is in his left hand, not his right and plenty of players have played with broken hands before.

Ooops. Buffalo travels to Oakland this week, not the other way around. That changes things a little. It's on, Rick! Bring your Buffalo bitches to the Black Hole! Hahaha.

^^^

Murray will still play. It is in his left hand, not his right and plenty of players have played with broken hands before.

Ooops. Buffalo travels to Oakland this week, not the other way around. That changes things a little. It's on, Rick! Bring your Buffalo bitches to the Black Hole! Hahaha.

^^^

Murray had the surgery this morning. And we will be putting your bitch ass's in the black hole. We will leave with your fucking heads!

Great game by your boys last night Walter to juice my off shore account

Thank you Rick - glad we could pad your account! ;)

Buffalo had better watch themselves...a big, emotional win, then traveling across the country to play a team with nothing to lose - I smell a trap game! Just like Green Bay playing a tough Monday night game and then going on the road to Rich Stadium.

The Dallas/Indy game is a MUST win for Dallas. Whether it's Randle or Murray, it doesn't matter, they have to get the job done! Emmitt missed one game with a fractured hand back in '99 and then came back the following week. If it wasn't such a big game, I'd say sit him for sure. The bigger potential problem is the o-line. Free sprained his ankle last night and Martin was hobbling around too!

Maybe Dallas wishes this game with the Colts was in Indy instead of at Jerry-World--home field hasn't been an advantage for the Boys this year. I might have to mull over a bit who to pick in that game, because the Colts still have a lot to play for even though they wrapped up their division....

Maybe Dallas wishes this game with the Colts was in Indy instead of at Jerry-World--home field hasn't been an advantage for the Boys this year. I might have to mull over a bit who to pick in that game, because the Colts still have a lot to play for even though they wrapped up their division....

I think the Colts are highly overated. I say Dallas romps

Has the countdown on Jim Harbaugh started yet?

If the Niners finish 9 and 7 I'll be happy with that. I mean, look at the NFC South. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm really starting to hate the Seahawks as much as I did the Rams back in the 70's. GO CARDS!!

The ref calls are also out of hand as many of you know. The two calls against Reid were justified, but the one on Wilson was a farce. Soon, they'll be playing fuckin' flag football.

post-503-0-90451900-1418690745_thumb.jpg

Cutler's play may not be up to snuff, but there isn't a quarterback in the league that could deal with the Bear's lack of protection. Lions need to kick some ass on grass this week and score some points. C'mon Tampa !!....grow some balls for bong-man !!

I watched parts of it. In one of my championship FF games, my rb situation was so bad I had to play Toby Gerhart as one of my two backs! :wacko: Fortunately he picked up a TD before getting his ribs injured and hit his highest point total for one game this season! My other back starting in that game is Boom Herron - who would've ever thought that at the start of the season!

Archived