2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

But, that was one incredible interception. If New England lost after that fluke catch on the 6 yard line, that would have been brutal.

Yeah, after that catch by Kearse you could see Brady and Belichick going "here we go again...we're going to get beat by a circus catch...just like Tyree and Manningham."

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Congratulations to all New England Patriots fans! Your team definitely earned it this year. I'm not ready to say Brady is the GOAT...but he's definitely in the conversation with Super Joe Montana, Bradshaw and a few others.

He's definitely above Peyton Manning.

By the way... How long was Lenny Kravitz on stage during the halftime? 30 seconds? I figured Katy was gonna rock out a little.. Didn't happen. She was ok but could have crossed over and sang American Woman or one of Lenny's songs.

By the way... How long was Lenny Kravitz on stage during the halftime? 30 seconds? I figured Katy was gonna rock out a little.. Didn't happen. She was ok but could have crossed over and sang American Woman or one of Lenny's songs.

Um, Lenny Kravitz was not out long enough, IMHO!

I don't follow American football, so the Superbowl is the only game I watch, and I'm so glad I did! That was some of the most intense, nerve-wracking drama I've ever seen in any sport!! Started out with fierce clashes for every inch, tension built as the leads changed, and that ending, well what can you say, absolutely unbelievable!!! Glad the Patriots won.

I'm saying that's ridiculous because no one is hating on New England, just bewildered by the Seattle play call at the end.

The catch by Kearse wasn't that much of a fluke. Especially after watching the amazing catches this year. Whatever though.

Bottom line, congratulations to New England.

Carroll is trying to say they called it as a wasted play. Not in the middle of field at the 1!?! Dumbest play call ever! This will be a laughing stock for all-time.

Missy Elliott got more time than Lenny K. :blink:

Now the next part of the season...the salary cap hustle. Seattle has some big contracts to deal with...starting with Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. I think Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman are up for renegotiations too.

I'm saying that's ridiculous because no one is hating on New England, just bewildered by the Seattle play call at the end.

The catch by Kearse wasn't that much of a fluke. Especially after watching the amazing catches this year. Whatever though.

Bottom line, congratulations to New England.

Carroll is trying to say they called it as a wasted play. Not in the middle of field at the 1!?! Dumbest play call ever! This will be a laughing stock for all-time.

fair enough. I'm just saying it would have been real painful to lose that way again.. Like the 2 against the Giants..

Congrats to all who wanted Patriots to win!!

Strider, enjoy your celebratory cake. Revealing the winner via your cake decor may have to become one of your game day traditions!

:)

Hahaha, thanks Dd...maybe I will.

I don't follow American football, so the Superbowl is the only game I watch, and I'm so glad I did! That was some of the most intense, nerve-wracking drama I've ever seen in any sport!! Started out with fierce clashes for every inch, tension built as the leads changed, and that ending, well what can you say, absolutely unbelievable!!! Glad the Patriots won.

Way to go Patrycja. Woo! Excellent game.

I think Butler is the MVP. if he doesn't tackle the Seattle receiver at the six yard line, Seattle strolls in for the TD. Only Butler runs over to tackle him, everyone else thought the play was dead. And if Butler doesn't intercept at the 1, all the Seattle receiver has to do is fall over and he's in the end zone.

Wilson's passes were amazing, so crisp, right on target. And the play using Lynch as a WR really caught the Pats napping.

No doubt, Seattle remains a force.

Missy Elliott got more time than Lenny K. :blink:

Now the next part of the season...the salary cap hustle. Seattle has some big contracts to deal with...starting with Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. I think Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor and Richard Sherman are up for renegotiations too.

Okay, but let's not forget...the NFL and NBA for that matter enables the gangster culture, sorry, but they do.

It came as no surprise to me that Misdemeanor or whatever her name is spent more time on that stage...

Just my 2 cents..

I don't know if I even want to watch the sports networks today. I'm still baffled by what happened, but there isn't shit I can do about it, except hope that time passes quickly--first pitch will be happening before you know it....

Yeah Paul, I'm still baffled by that play call. Walter Jr. is a mess over it! I still can't believe they thought throwing the ball into the middle of the field would be a smart move, especially with Carroll saying they needed to stop the clock since they only had 1 timeout left. Throwing to the middle isn't stopping anything and it's not like he was in the end zone anyway. Run Lynch on 2nd down and then call timeout, if he doesn't make it then call timeout with two plays still to go and plenty of time to throw one to the end zone. There will be internal problems over this with Seattle's team.

You're waiting for the 1st pitch, while I only have to wait 2 weeks until Speedweeks begin in Daytona. Do you ever go to Spring Training games, Paul?

Walter, when I say I'm waiting on first pitch I mean first regular season pitch in April. All preseason sports are pretty useless to me, so no, I've never been to any spring training games.

You should go. I know they are meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but the vibe is very cool, laid back, and you get so close to the field/players vs. regular season games.

I'll try not to beat this to death--yes, the Pats won (congrats to you KB), but that still rates as the "dumbest fucking play call" ever.

At any rate, the 2015 season should be interesting. I imagine the fanbases in Green Bay and Seattle will be pondering "What if" for a long, long time....

Archived