2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Still working on picks. Right now I've narrowed it down to 5 winners and 2 ties. :P

Dag on! That Denver @ NE game is gonna be fun to watch.

The over and under is 54 1/2 and I think that is a gift to go over. I say in the 60's for sure. I cannot see either team being held under 30

automotivator_blind-squirrel.jpg

Even a blind squirrel finds a peanut sometimes.

Did you take that pic in my back yard? I put the peanuts out to try and keep them from the Sunflower seeds but they bury the nuts so damn fast and then go after the bird seed and suit feeder. I have blue Jays coming but my Cardinal is gone now two weeks. I think they scared him off those Jays. Greedy. Morning Dove are unfazed. I also am feeding the Rabbits and the big fat woodchuck that has taken up residence under my neibor's deck. Ha. Anyone know how I can get my Cardinal to come back?

Oh yeah, this is the NFL thread. Walter has to be darn mad. I won't have to sweat too much this week as my Bills are getting ready for the second half. I sure wish Fred Jackson was there for KC but its up to Bryce Brown and Dixon to help. At least I know Orton can hit our chore of talented receivers.

jb126, Bong-Man, apantherfrommd, and Walter...you're all in and good to go!

Thank you so much. Is this game not being nationally televised on regular tv? The channel I usually catch Thursday night football on, isn't showing it.

I hate watching games like this: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014103000/2014/REG9/saints@panthers#menu=drivechart&tab=track

Thank you so much. Is this game not being nationally televised on regular tv? The channel I usually catch Thursday night football on, isn't showing it.

I hate watching games like this: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014103000/2014/REG9/saints@panthers#menu=drivechart&tab=track

Starting tonight, all the Thursday games are being aired only on the NFL Network. And what a ugly game it's been, I had a feeling the Panthers might gag on me tonight....

Starting tonight, all the Thursday games are being aired only on the NFL Network. And what a ugly game it's been, I had a feeling the Panthers might gag on me tonight....

That would be one nasty warm furball.

I did find the audio for the game. http://player.listenlive.co/35321/en You just have to give it a minute or 2 to load.

I used to listen to this station when I lived in High Point, NC. I would turn the sound off on the tv and listen via radio on the stereo. 4 seconds quicker than television, I'd know when to shut my eyes before an interception by the other team. :lol:

21-7 Saints at beginning of 4th quarter now.

Wasn't it just a week ago that we were all thinking the Saints were in deep trouble. I guess that division is so pathetic, that 8-8 could very well be enough to win it. Makes me wish the Dolphins were in the South...

But do you just want the satisfaction of getting in and then having no real chance to win in the playoffs? I do not. Not after the taste of losing 4 Super Bowls in a row. We have one thing, we have a very good defense. And John Madden said right before we blew our first trip to the Super Bowl to the Giants, anytime you have a good defense you have a chance. He said "that Buffalo team will be favored by a bunch of points just before he said it". i knew it was true but I did not think we would lose. And we should not have. With this team its wait until Jackson returns to really be a force if Orton can continue to play like he has. Our front line is one of if not the best in the NFL. That can do some damage. I still have Seattle as my choice this week in Eliminator. But I am tempted to take KC. I could see Jacksonville pulling an upset in Cincy though I highly doubt it. But I cant risk it. Seattle I believe is my choice. If they lose to the Raiders, they wont make the playoffs

If the Cards beat the Cowboys in Dallas, maybe then they will get some national respect. Bruce Arians for Coach of the Year....

I expect they might after that fiasco against the Redskins. Wonder if the Jets have any fight left in them? KC may hammer them. Seattle had best beat the Raiders.

Cowboys going with a backup and Jaws thinks it won't matter.

I just cannot believe the Eagles are only a 1 pt favorite over Houston. Bring it on. I do not see how they can figure this. We gave away the game down there. Houston got murdered in Pittsburgh after taking that early lead. The Eagles should have little trouble beating them in my book

Damn, its snowing in New England

I just saw a video of the snow in Foxboro--no doubt we will be hearing about Peyton's record in games where there was snow or freezing temperatures....

They are both used to snow storms as Denver gets many. I am sticking with Seattle over the Raiders on my Eliminator. I cant see the Raiders knocking me out. 40 percent like Cincy to beat Jacksonville. The highest pick of the week. I fear Jacksonville more than the Raiders. Especially in Seattle. They might cover but they wont win. KC is another slam dunk. The Jets are toast.

Archived