2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ That's the kind of day it's been, there are no sure bets in the NFL it seems. Now I turn to the Rams game & see they've taken the lead. What a day....

And the Giants are up on the big bad Seahawks. Marrone and McKelvin should be at Durfs in Buffalo having wings and beer together. They are the only two friends each other have right now. I saw Stafford thread the needle and beat your boys. My condolences. See you at the game of lonely hearts and lost souls on Thurs night. May the best team find a way not to lose. I may just take KC over Seattle next week in Eliminator. Now 11,888 left and that is before the completion of the rest of the games. Should the Bears find a way to knock off Green Bay that number could plummet. And also if Sanchez turns back into Sanchez tomorrow for the Eagles.

And the Giants are up on the big bad Seahawks. Marrone and McKelvin should be at Durfs in Buffalo having wings and beer together. They are the only two friends each other have right now. I saw Stafford thread the needle and beat your boys. My condolences. See you at the game of lonely hearts and lost souls on Thurs night. May the best team find a way not to lose. I may just take KC over Seattle next week in Eliminator. Now 11,888 left and that is before the completion of the rest of the games. Should the Bears find a way to knock off Green Bay that number could plummet. And also if Sanchez turns back into Sanchez tomorrow for the Eagles.

Sanchez is playing for the Eagles tomorrow? Hmmm, I forgot all about that when I picked Philly. Oh well, no matter who plays QB for the Eagles, I'll get my ass handed to me when the Eagles lose....

These jerks up here cut the Niner game off to show the Seahawks and I missed a great finish.

They did it here too. And I do not get it. If the Bills were coming on here they would be justified in doing it. But not for an out of town team when the Saints game was already on scheduled. Very strange. The rules change all the time

They did it here too. And I do not get it. If the Bills were coming on here they would be justified in doing it. But not for an out of town team when the Saints game was already on scheduled. Very strange. The rules change all the time

I can see it here where a lot of Seahawk fans would be grumbling about the 49ers being on.

Unless something drastic happens I doubt the Niners will even make a wild card.

I can see it here where a lot of Seahawk fans would be grumbling about the 49ers being on.

Unless something drastic happens I doubt the Niners will even make a wild card.

Its pretty wide open so I would not be so fast to exclude them after today's big win in the Big Easy.

A very intriguing game next week. DETROIT AT ARIZONA. No Carson Palmer? Very interesting. I think the Lions are for real. They have a very good defense. A deadly passing game. And they have been battle tested. They have a shot now with Palmer out and Sanchez at the helm in Philly to put some distance between them and the other contenders to try and get home field. I really do want them to win the NFC. They would be a new face. An old NFL team. One of the few I like. A big test at Arizona. Green Bay and Philly another good one. As for Thurs night, the Bills and Dolphins both should have probably won today. Its huge on Thurs. You might argue even bigger for Miami because we beat them earlier. A Buffalo win would in effect put them 2 games back. A tie does not no justice. Like KC now owns our ass's thanks to fucking McKelvin. The same sack of shit that fumbled a kickoff 3 years ago and helped seal Trent Edwards fate by giving away the opener to New England in a game we had them dead and buried. This fucking guy drives me nuts. And Marrone. He is lucky its a short week. Because the local media is going to have him for breakfast tomorrow. I intend to call in and put my two cents in. Any dumb ass knows you kick the field goal with 3 time outs left and almost 3 minutes left with the best defence in the AFC on paper. This town needs Buffalo to get in. They can still do it. But now they really need to win in Miami and we are 5 point dogs for some reason? Well certainly we do have the refs against us also.

I look for a low scoring game tonight. The Eagles with Sanchez and the Panthers have had trouble scoring. Eagles defense likely to shut them down and Sanchez likely to screw things up enough to keep it close. Maybe. I look forward to the Bill's visit to Miami far more. I expect Watkins to be in better shape. Marrone is going to take a ton of heat for his stupid decision not to kick a field goal, cut the game to 1 pt with 3 time outs left. He was just plain stupid. Threw the game away. I am almost for Swartz to take over. Fire him.

That was a 50/50 call. How much time was left? If he kicks it and they either don't get the onside kick or stop them from getting a first down, then the fans are screaming the other way. It's the team's fault for not finishing KC when they were up by 2 scores.

Boy did Chicago get the shit kicked out of them or what? I am real tempted to take the Vikings to beat them next week. I believe the Vikings will prevail. If they only had Peterson. How about these Rams? I would not be shocked if they pull another shocker and beat Denver. They are not to be taken lightly. When Bradford returns, look out. Next year of course. Arizona was looking so good and now it looks bleak for Carson Palmer. But I am not convinced that they cannot win without him. He never impressed me as a pro. He was great in college. The Lions and Cardinals is going to be a very interesting game. I will take the Lions off the injury to Palmer and the adjustment factor. I have to think KC has a real good shot at beating Seattle. Alot of very hard games to gauge next week. I am faced with a decision. To stay alive in the Eliminator contest, where I am 10 for 10, I have the following choices. I welcome any advice.

Washington over Tampa (seems the most logical based on the largest spread, but hard to trust either team)

Indy over New England (in the Dome-but both coming off a bye)

KC over Seattle (very tempting)

Minnesota over Chicago (I do not care that Chicago is favored by 2 pts. Last night was a disaster)

San Fran over the Giants (looks easy, but it never is)

Detroit over Arizona (terrifying)

New Orleans over Cincy (I am not totally convinced that Cincy cannot win this)

Green Bay over Philly (tough game depending on Sanchez? I do not know Foles situation. If its Sanchez, like the Pack)

Carolina over Atlanta (have to see them tonight)

Cleveland over Houston ( forgot about this one. Cleveland impressive in last)

Green Bay over Philly. Philly's secondary is not strong and Sanchez is always good for 2-3 turnovers per game. Is it in Philly or GB? Btw, Foles is out until at least week 15 - but probably the rest of the regular season.

Archived