2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Reports of Seattle's demise were premature. Now that they are getting some of their injured players back, their defense is starting to resemble last year's Super Bowl form.

Looks like this is it for Harbaugh and the 49'ers. Another dismal effort at HOME. Colin Kaepernick looks decidedly average and none of their receivers have stepped up...where was Vernon Davis last night? Frank Gore is useless. His career is over.

The Philadelphia-Dallas result yesterday may be a mirage in that the Eagles are the worst type of team to face on a short week. But give a team time to prepare and I think a good defensive team will slow down Chip Kelly's and the Eagles' fast-break offense in the playoffs. Sanchez sure looks like he is having fun after the hell he was in at New York.

New England @ Green Bay...Brady versus Rodgers...this game will determine the MVP in my opinion.

Reports of Seattle's demise were premature. Now that they are getting some of their injured players back, their defense is starting to resemble last year's Super Bowl form.

Looks like this is it for Harbaugh and the 49'ers. Another dismal effort at HOME. Colin Kaepernick looks decidedly average and none of their receivers have stepped up...where was Vernon Davis last night? Frank Gore is useless. His career is over.

The Philadelphia-Dallas result yesterday may be a mirage in that the Eagles are the worst type of team to face on a short week. But give a team time to prepare and I think a good defensive team will slow down Chip Kelly's and the Eagles' fast-break offense in the playoffs. Sanchez sure looks like he is having fun after the hell he was in at New York.

New England @ Green Bay...Brady versus Rodgers...this game will determine the MVP in my opinion.

Could be and is expected to be a shoot out. But sometimes when you expect that especially in interconference games, there is a feeling out period in the first quarter at least. I like Green Bay to beat them. What a surprise.

The Bills will take Cleveland apart. I like the Bills, Rams, Baltimore, and I like KC over Denver.

I think the Niners will still have a winning season but the offensive coordinator either has to get back to what worked or get the hell out. If they 'stay the course' they will no doubt get an ass whipping in Seattle too. The defense is fine as only 20 points average allowed isn't too terrible in 12 games. Kap's throws were awful, no doubt. He also needs to get back to running with the ball, just like Wilson.

It was John Madden who once said "winning is a great deodorant." When you're winning, everything is rosy--everybody loves the coach, all the teammates get along. But when you're not winning, that's when it seems all the reports about dysfunction start coming out.

Remember when the Seahawks were 3-3 & all the reports we were hearing coming out of that lockerroom and about Russell Wilson. We're not hearing that anymore--contrast that with the Niners & all the talk about Jim Harbaugh...

And Colt McCoy--the savior in Washington, D.C.?

Kelly will give the Bills inspiration. But its a game they must have. Two sleepers today could be San Diego and Atlanta. And I do not see how every single guy on CBS picks New England and one says they will blow out Green Bay. Ill take that action. How will New England stop them in Lambeau? They wont. Baltimore may still be celebrating a bit after that huge win last Sunday at New Orleans. I have a sneaky feeling San Diego will catch them off guard early with all this news about Rice and all. Just when you think everything is right with the world in the NFL is usually when you find out you have weakness's. Do the Ravens have any? A desperate San Diego team should tell us. And the Arizona pt spread looks too good to be true. And it probably is. Atlanta has much to play for. A second birth on life. Remember opening day when they won that shootout vs SF? That 56 yd FG to win it. Might be a real good game. The Bills IMO should make it tough on the Cleveland QB. If they make it tough enough, maybe Johnny football gets in late in the game? I like the Bills big time after that stinker Cleveland put up at home vs Houston. Any respect I had for them is gone after that

Seeing as how there are no other compelling matchups in the early schedule, I'm actually tuning into the Browns/Bills game. CBS has Greg Gumbel calling the game too, so the CBS network must think highly of this game--and it reminds me how much I miss Dan Dierdorf in the booth calling the action.

I'm not sure what the Falcons are good at--aside from playing with Deion Sanders' emotions. Arizona should slap them around today....

Edited by paul carruthers

Seeing as how there are no other compelling matchups in the early schedule, I'm actually tuning into the Browns/Bills game. CBS has Greg Gumbel calling the game too, so the CBS network must think highly of this game--and it reminds me how much I miss Dan Dierdorf in the booth calling the action.

I'm not sure what the Falcons are good at--aside from playing with Deion Sanders' emotions. Arizona should slap them around today....

Well I do not know if you just saw those two penalties. STupid shit. You cant show any emotion in this game any more. 15 yd penalty against each team for unsportsmanlike. Bullshit calls. The one on us really hurt. We had them pinned.

Pick in the end zone just as much on Marrone as Orton. Dumb ass's. Its called, they are going to be covering Watkins, look for Woods or Williams you fucking numb skulls!

My three teamer of St Louis, Minnesota and Green Bay is off to a roaring start. The third part is the tough one. But I am not in agreement with all the new England pickers

Not the smartest move by Orton--Buffalo's D may have a long day...

Speaking of teams who play with people's emotions--the Carolina Panthers stink worse than a construction site outhouse. And what the hell are the Bungles doing today--down 10-0 to Tampa??? If Marvin Lewis still has a job after this season, Obama should launch a federal investigation. This shit makes no sense...
smiley-angry035.gif

Not the smartest move by Orton--Buffalo's D may have a long day...

Speaking of teams who play with people's emotions--the Carolina Panthers stink worse than a construction site outhouse. And what the hell are the Bungles doing today--down 10-0 to Tampa??? If Marvin Lewis still has a job after this season, Obama should launch a federal investigation. This shit makes no sense...
smiley-angry035.gif

Buffalo's defense has kept them out of the end zone. And Santa Claus just showed up with a gift on that missed FG. 3-0 is nothing. Vikings and St Louis I can put in the win column. Just need Green Bay now. And the Bills

The Bills have woke up on offense and the coordinator has solved this Cleveland defense with a screen. TD Bills. 7-3. Now Cleveland is up against it because our D has been great. Go Bills.

How about that New Orleans score. I know this one big shot Pitt fan I cant wait to rub his nose in that. Steelers are pretenders,.

I need Green Bay to fetch me some green

Cleveland getting their nuts fried

Edited by LedZeppfan77

What a turnaround for Buffalo. They go about 37 minutes and do squat--now in less than a minute they score 14; the wild and wacky NFL....

If they hold on here it sets up a huge game in Denver. And with this defense, and Denver's lack of defense, do not think its an automatic win for Denver. I assure you its is not