2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

How big is this Bills game? It would put us at 7-5 and tie Cleveland and we would then own them. We split with Miami and I believe we have played one less than them? I have to look it up. I do not think they had their bye yet? The wild card race will be more complicated with a Bills win. and a Green Bay win could make the division race open again. Miami goes to NE week 15 and we close the season there. Assuming we will need that game if we are by some miracle still alive, we can chase Brady into the stands

The Rams will be in the Super Bowl within two years. If not next year. Fisher is building a monster. Their offensive line is monstrous

Saints doing us all a big favor by whacking the Steelers

I just saw the replay of that last Saints TD--how the hell does someone get that wide open in the NFL?

Yeah, crazy. I did not know Dante Whitner was a Brown? He left Buffalo to play for the 49ers. He was a number one pick for us. I was always mad we let him and Byrd get away.

What are the odds this Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers game lives up to all the hype--this could turn out to be like one of those pitching matchups in baseball that looks great on paper then turns out to be a dud. Of course, I'm hoping for Green Bay domination at home....

Me too. So far if these scores hold up I would be 10-2. But far from over. I have Jacksonville and they lead by one

Huge play for B

Uh-oh, here comes Johnny Football, marching down the battlefield....

Btw, I wonder if Kansas City is watching the Raiders game and thinking to themselves "how did we lose to the stinkin' Raidas?"

Huge first down for Bills. Even a FG here ices it. But they are killing clock. Huge. I can hear the screaming in Cleveland already for Johnny football to start next game. And he deserves a shot after this.

Hmmm, this is the part of the game where I worry about coaches getting too conservative. I know the book says you probably run the ball here to eat some more clock and you come away with three points--but I would go for the kill shot if I was a coach in this situation--lucky for me and every team in the NFL, that I'm not a coach... ^_^

Remember when the Seahawks were 3-3 & all the reports we were hearing coming out of that lockerroom and about Russell Wilson. We're not hearing that anymore--contrast that with the Niners & all the talk about Jim Harbaugh...

The reports are still there. "Beast Mode" is supposed to be going wherever Tom Cable is going. A good, healthy defense that takes the ball away cures many ailments.

I can breathe now. That's the kind of victory that makes me almost not care what my record for the week is. Patriots go down. All hail Aaron Rodgers... :yay:

And they covered for me. I thought I was toast when GB missed the FG. then NE missed one that would have sealed my fate. Great result. Brady needs to calm down. Would he rather lose now or in the playoffs? The Bills have gotten some respect today. . First time in 14 years with this record. Now on to Denver. A game we really need to steal. And the key is the front line rattling Peyton if possible. We must be able to run and move the ball. Miami has gone up to a 7 1/2 pt favorite at the Jets tomorrow. And Denver and KC is a pickem. KC could likely seal me a top spot for the week? I would have to think. I doubt too many others had Jacksonville and Atlanta?

I haven't seen any press conference footage of Bill "The Thrill" Belichick. I wonder if he looks like he wants to murder somebody, which is how he usually looks after a loss.

I know the score was only 5, but it should have been more, that idjit who dropped a perfect pass from Rodgers that would have scored, oh well. The Pack won--that's all that matters...

Archived