2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Rick probably wants Orton's head on a platter.... I think Dallas will still have something to play for next week. I believe the #2 seed in the conference will still be up for grabs, if not the #1 seed, depending on who wins tonight's game. A lot of intrigue going down the stretch...

26-17 Da Raidas

Just for that I am going to cheer against Dallas in the playoffs. Not that it will take much. Best year Romo ever had. I do not know what you have against Orton. He can be very good and very bad. But all in all, I cant blame him. I blame Marrone for not going on 4th and 1 and the fucking Zebras for fucking us out of 3 games. Buffalo will get a QB and they will be in it next year I guarantee it. They have the pieces in place. If the Eagles had a QB they could be in the Super Bowl just like the Bills. We have to grab a guy that is on a roster. And take a shot at a guy off the radar, maybe a small school. My Streak is at W11. The three top dogs all went down with Batlimore. And 3 guys with 22 or 23 escaped with Carolina. But stupid to take Carolina vs Cleveland. Could have gone either way. Went to the wire. As for the Raiders, fuck those horses ass's.

As I said before - Orton is a prick! He held the Cowboys hostage after last season, saying he was gonna retire - unless the Cowboys paid him 2.5 mil to leave. He basically played one game for Dallas, over 2 seasons, and was paid $5 mil and then treated his team like that on the way out the door?!? Prick!

Cowboys in the playoffs, I'm still amazed... congrats Walter....

Thanks Paul! :) We were stoked last night - plus Walter Jr. and I won two fantasy football championships as well! It was a party at the Walter residence for sure! :thumbsup:

Glad I am off today! ;)

As I said before - Orton is a prick! He held the Cowboys hostage after last season, saying he was gonna retire - unless the Cowboys paid him 2.5 mil to leave. He basically played one game for Dallas, over 2 seasons, and was paid $5 mil and then treated his team like that on the way out the door?!? Prick!

I do not even remember the guy. And I am sure he is gone after the season unless they keep him on as a backup? He killed our season along with Marrone. This team should have had 3-4 more wins. 3 games were given away by the refs. Denver especially. Manuel blew the Houston game and if they had gone with Orton from day 1 they may have made it. If we had a QB, even Romo who has really gotten better we could go very far. The defense is going to be lights out next year. Finding the right guy to QB this team will be the big problem. But I think some good QB's will be on the market, perhaps unhappy with where they currently play. The Eagles made a huge mistake by trusting Sanchez. Its going to cost them big time. Dallas has a great offense Not sure their defense is good enough to get them in the SB but the offense could very well do it. Not sure they can do these things against a team like Seatttle? At some point they will have to face them. Someone told me he thinks Rex Ryan will go to Chicago? Likely a good fit. I do not know if Marrone deserves another chance. Yesterday is on him. Losing to those bums. Gave the game away . 4th and 1, 8 minutes left and the fucker punts from the 45. No way does Belechek punt. Or anyone with an ounce of common fucking sense

I'm not sure if there will be any big-time QB's on the market next season--I'm not even sure if someone like Jay Cutler will be available. It seems like there are a number of teams who could point to the QB position & ponder what if?

As far as the playoffs go, on the NFC side--seeing as how Dallas has already smacked Seattle in the mouth once this year, I find it hard to believe these Cowboys would be sweating a game with the Seahawks--if it comes to that....

If Green Bay wins next week and Dallas and Seattle take care of their business, who would be the #1 seed. I guess I'll have to tune into ESPN today--they should have all the answers....

I'm not sure if there will be any big-time QB's on the market next season--I'm not even sure if someone like Jay Cutler will be available. It seems like there are a number of teams who could point to the QB position & ponder what if?

As far as the playoffs go, on the NFC side--seeing as how Dallas has already smacked Seattle in the mouth once this year, I find it hard to believe these Cowboys would be sweating a game with the Seahawks--if it comes to that....

If Green Bay wins next week and Dallas and Seattle take care of their business, who would be the #1 seed. I guess I'll have to tune into ESPN today--they should have all the answers....

I believe, given that scenario, Seattle would be #1 seed. I know Dallas is behind Seattle and Detroit (and presumably Green Bay and Arizona as well), based on having a 7-4 NFC Conference record. So a lot of teams would have to lose for them to be #1. They would get a first round bye if Detroit, Seattle, and Arizona were to lose. I'm guessing the only way they'd be a 1 seed is if Seattle, Arizona lose and Detroit and Green Bay tie.

Yes, Seattle is the #1 seed if they win this week vs. the Rams. Which they will.

So deal with it NFC. The Road to the Super Bowl will again go thru Seattle. You can bet your bottom dollar Dallas, Detroit, and Green Bay were praying for Arizona to win last night...they would rather go to Arizona and their third-string quarterback than have to go to the Hawk's Nest.

Yes, I know Dallas beat Seattle in Seattle earlier this season. But that was eons ago...before Bobby Wagner and Kam Chancellor came back from injuries to restore the defense to Legion of Boom status. Before Marshawn Lynch started running like a man possessed. After Seattle's destruction of Arizona last night, you'd have to be blind to think the Seattle team Dallas beat bears any resemblance to the Seattle team that has been on a rampage the past month.

Nope, Seattle is rounding into their Super Bowl form of last year and it is going to take a rock solid team to beat them. Which pretty much leaves out Atlanta, Carolina, Detroit, and Arizona.

The way I see it, the top 3 teams in the NFC now are: 1. Seattle; 2. Dallas; 3. Green Bay. No other teams matter.

I would have Green Bay higher but their loss to Buffalo disturbed me...much as Baltimore's loss to Houston cast doubt on their playoff readiness.

No matter what happens tonight in the Denver-Cincinnati game, New England is the top seed and the team to beat in the AFC. Denver is #2 and Pittsburgh #3. It is impossible to take Indianapolis seriously after yesterday, and we all know the Bungles will do their usual Marvin Lewis-pratfall.

Nope, the Patriots stand tall once again in the AFC and will have home-ice advantage.

Seattle and New England...barring injury, those will be the two Super Bowl favourites going into the playoffs.

As for the Raiders, I cannot do too much gloating over a team that only has 4 wins and will miss the playoffs for the 12th straight year. We also have blown our chance at the #1 pick. But if the Raiders aren't going to be in the playoffs, it feels good to knock other teams out too! Goodbye Buffalo! Sayonara Kyle Orton! Bwahahaha!

I lost a lot of faith in Baltimore after yesterday--even if they get into the tournament, I have to think they will be a quick out. Cincinnati & the Colts I have zero faith in, so that leaves the Steelers and the Broncos as the teams who might have a shot at going into Foxboro and beating the mighty Brady and Belichick. I think both teams have the stones to get it done--but I wouldn't bet one brown penny on it actually happening.

And the Seahawks have looked formidable these past few weeks--although if I had to throw out one caveat, I would say they have done it against less than elite QBs. Drew Stanton, Ryan Lindley, Kaepernick and Sanchez. It will be quite a different story in January if its Rodgers or Romo, or hell, even Matthew Stafford would be an upgrade....

I'm just ready for the postseason to begin already...

Dominic Raiola was suspended by the NFL for this Sunday's Packer game. The most important game of his 'illustrious' 14 year career and he won't get to play. Personally, I think the Lion's should have followed his suspension by immediately cutting him. The track record of what an absolute moron this guy is has been set in stone for years. Let's review a few of those transgressions.....

- Flipped off the Lion's fans in the stands after a loss.

- Called members of a performing marching band faggots to their faces.

- Threw himself at an opponent's knees on a kneel-down play with the intent to injure.

- Was fined $10,000 bucks this year for a punch in the back of an opponent's head

- Purposely stomping on an opponent's leg with the intent to injure

- This is just on the field crap. He's also has a reputation for being a total dickhead off the field too, with several documented incidents around town...including shirking his child support responsibilities because he's broke.

This is his 6th player safety violation in 3 years. Twice I saw the Bear's defensive lineman try their best to set him up after the stomp, and not one of his teammates stepped up to assist. They're tired of his sorry act too.

On top of all this, the man's talent blows ! He's been under-sized for the position his entire career, and we haven't made a 3rd or 4th and 1 in forever !! Of all the players that were cut or moved on from the Matt Millen era, this is the moron you kept ??? He should have been cut or traded right about the time Joey Harrington was.

Best Lion fan comment of the day......."Green Bay will be appealing his suspension". :hysterical:

Dominic Raiola was suspended by the NFL for this Sunday's Packer game. The most important game of his 'illustrious' 14 year career and he won't get to play. Personally, I think the Lion's should have followed his suspension by immediately cutting him. The track record of what an absolute moron this guy is has been set in stone for years. Let's review a few of those transgressions.....

- Flipped off the Lion's fans in the stands after a loss.

- Called members of a performing marching band faggots to their faces.

- Threw himself at an opponent's knees on a kneel-down play with the intent to injure.

- Was fined $10,000 bucks this year for a punch in the back of an opponent's head

- Purposely stomping on an opponent's leg with the intent to injure

- This is just on the field crap. He's also has a reputation for being a total dickhead off the field too, with several documented incidents around town...including shirking his child support responsibilities because he's broke.

This is his 6th player safety violation in 3 years. Twice I saw the Bear's defensive lineman try their best to set him up after the stomp, and not one of his teammates stepped up to assist. They're tired of his sorry act too.

On top of all this, the man's talent blows ! He's been under-sized for the position his entire career, and we haven't made a 3rd or 4th and 1 in forever !! Of all the players that were cut or moved on from the Matt Millen era, this is the moron you kept ??? He should have been cut or traded right about the time Joey Harrington was.

Best Lion fan comment of the day......."Green Bay will be appealing his suspension". :hysterical:

Some of this behaviour was normal in the old days of the NFL.

The game is getting to the point where they're going to assign OSHA as referees.

Who is your MVP?

-Tom Brady-New England

-Russell Wilson-Seattle

-Aaron Rodgers-Green Bay

-DeMarco Murray-Dallas

-Tony Romo-Dallas

-Peyton Manning-Denver

-Antonio Brown-Pittsburgh

-Ben Roethlisberger-Pittsburgh

______________ write-in vote

Coach of the Year?

-Bruce Arians-Arizona