2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

NFC next week:

Detroit @ Dallas

Arizona @ Carolina

Even match ups, as far as I can see.

Dallas will destroy Detroit. Arizona@Carolina is a little more evenly matched, but unless Carson Palmer comes back, I see Camolina prevailing.

Dallas will destroy Detroit. Arizona@Carolina is a little more evenly matched, but unless Carson Palmer comes back, I see Camolina prevailing.

I say Arizona takes out Carolina. How and why did the fucking Zebras take that 2 pt conversion from the Lions? Bastards. Bills win in New England is a sign of things to come next year. The refs absolutely cost us the playoffs. We will get a QB and make it next year and be the best in the East. I hope the Lions win in Dallas. It will be tough. I think their defense can cause problems for a red hot Dallas team. We should know more tonight. Go Bengals. Atlanta was a big disappointment losing to Carolina who looked so damn bad a couple weeks ago. So who gets fired? Ryan? Chicago coach a sure thing. Rex Ryan will likely get fired and hired in same week. I will bet he has promises already made to him. And will Manziel be released? I am not sure you can judge a guy based on one game. Pretty harsh. I would rather give him a tryout than consider Cutler. I sure hope we do not think about Cutler. Our D is going to be lights out when Alonzo returns next year also. A top 3 for sure and maybe the best

Excellant choice. Atlanta will win this game and division

I say Arizona takes out Carolina. How and why did the fucking Zebras take that 2 pt conversion from the Lions? Bastards.

Hey Rick. Fun games today. On that 2 pt conversion - Dude's Tukas was on the ground before he reached. It was close and I was hoping the Lions were gonna get away with it. And I have never seen an on-side punt in my life.

As for your faith in Carolina (or lack), nothing could make me happier. Grazie Mille!

:thumbdown::P

I can dig it Sathington Willoughby. Ashame that they both couldn't have gone somehow, Bro. I also dated one of your Falcon's cheerleaders in '96. Sweet Southern hospitality. Hard to beat.

Hey Rick. Fun games today. On that 2 pt conversion - Dude's Tukas was on the ground before he reached. It was close and I was hoping the Lions were gonna get away with it. And I have never seen an on-side punt in my life.

As for your faith in Carolina (or lack), nothing could make me happier. Grazie Mille!

I can dig it Sathington Willoughby. Ashame that they both couldn't have gone somehow, Bro. I also dated one of your Falcon's cheerleaders in '96. Sweet Southern hospitality. Hard to beat.

Yea I'm used to it man.

Atlanta Tops Forbes' 2014 List Of America's Most Miserable Sports Cities

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanriper/2014/08/07/americas-most-miserable-sports-cities-2014/

If Arizona was playing anyone else I would say they were in trouble. They are better than Carolina, plain and simple. I like the road teams in all games. My team got robbed this year. 9-7 and one more gets us in. And that one more was cost us by the refs in the Denver, Miami and KC games. We got screwed in all three. Granted, without a QB we would not have gone far. But who knows with the defense Buffalo has? Next year, look out. I say the time is here finally for them to win. I do not have any strong feeling about Super Bowl reps. Its hard to imagine the Eagles out of it. As good as they are and they did not get in. Reason? Just like us, no QB. Eagles and Bills could both be SB contenders with a good QB. Not even a great one. Baltimore is a team to watch out for. If they survive the trip to Pittsburgh. They know how to beat New England. Cincy could be overlooked also. The Lions put up a good fight in Green Bay and it should serve them well going to Dallas.. Dallas is playing better than in a long time. Romo has evolved this year. But that lions defense can make big problems for them. And I do not see Dallas stopping them. But for now, some real good Bowl games are coming.

The Detroit Stompers don't have a chance against Dallas without Larry Warford. We might as well be the Washington Generals....playoff fodder.

No complaints about the game. We came back, tied them, and had the ball when Bell fumbled. That's a kiss of death at Lambeau. Has Green Bay ever got more penalties than their opposition at Lambeau Field ? Seemed strange that you could play one of the best run defenses in the NFL and escape holding calls for 3 quarters.

Rex Ryan and Mark Trestman have to be virtual locks to get a pink slip tomorrow. Jim Harbaugh may be getting dismissed as well--and I was thinking Gus Bradley of J-ville, Tom Coughlin, Joe Philbin and a few more may be on the chopping block.....

Growing up, like pre kindergarten, I've always felt sorry for the Jets fans. What a joke of a franchise.

post-841-0-34157400-1419864652_thumb.jpe

I could see Chicago for Rex. How many coaches gone this morning - 4?

I read where Wallace quit on your team before halftime yesterday, Paul.

Any comments on Bell's hit by Cincinnati and Tomlin's reaction/approaching the player after the game?

What about Suh "accidentally" stepping on Rodgers' injured leg - twice?

I didn't see any of yesterday's Fins game--my disgust with that franchise has reached a new low--so I had no idea about Wallace. The Reggie Nelson hit on Bell last night I had no problem with--the league has been doing its best to legislate high hits out of the game, so if you're a defender, where exactly are you supposed to hit someone. I can understand why Tomlin was a bit miffed, but I would say "it's football"--injuries happen.

As for Suh, I'm sure Cowboy fans would love it if Suh was suspended for next week's playoff game--not sure that will happen, though...

Jim Harbaugh------I know it's a business but the assholes in the front office just want instant gratification.

And not all players are as disgruntled as the front office appears to be.

“I didn’t enjoy it here until we started winning,” Frank Gore, who is in his 10th season, told Inman. “Since he’s been here, I’ve won. I got a chance to let the world see my talent. I love the man. I love the way he coaches.”

If Harbaugh does go to Michigan, he would leave the NFL with the best winning percentage of any coach who spent only four years in the league — another sign of the red-hot intensity he brought to the job.

“Everybody has their own opinion about people,” wide receiver Michael Crabtree said, “but he’s been a good dude to me and this team. … He’s a player’s coach and just a good dude.”

Archived