2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

^^^

Playing sports for a living isn't a right, it's a privilege. If you can't abide by league rules and decorum, then adios. Go dig ditches or become a plumber where you can make cracks about gays and minorities and women all day long.

The new Rex Ryan didn't last long. Rex the Mouth is back...he says nobody's going to want to play the Jets this season. Yeah, I'm sure the AFC East are quaking in their boots.

Oooooh, those scary Jets are coming to town, daddy. Bwahahaha.

^^^

Yeah, the point it makes is that if you give an honest opinion it's time to send you off to reeducation camp for sensitivity training by the PC police.

How about just have some class and let people live their lives, oh yeah that's right - that type of logic infringes on others right to be bigots. As Strider said go be a ditch digger and make your comments for your own business to take the heat. That would be a different story though.

Glad you stopped by to comment on football, man-up and talk the sport. There are already enough political threads.

I see former Cowboys' wide receiver Miles Austin signed with Cleveland. Manzel gets a good receiver....until he pulls a hammy! Which may have already happened as he approached the table to sign the contract! :lol:

Really, now. I was thinking the Pats were going to hand us and the Bills our collective asses, but I may be wrong--though I seriously doubt it.

Things are going to be different. Nothing lasts forever. Brady is getting older. It will catch up with him. Time waits for no one. Ever hear that before?

Things are going to be different. Nothing lasts forever. Brady is getting older. It will catch up with him. Time waits for no one. Ever hear that before?

Yeah, I've heard that expression. But until someone actually beats Brady & Belichik, I'm going to predict the Pats to win the AFC East, again....

One thing I know for sure, it won't be the sorry mess called the Miami Dolphins who will unseat the Patriots.

Yeah, I've heard that expression. But until someone actually beats Brady & Belichik, I'm going to predict the Pats to win the AFC East, again....

One thing I know for sure, it won't be the sorry mess called the Miami Dolphins who will unseat the Patriots.

What have they really won lately? Nothing. Out in playoffs. They are on the decline. They put no fear in my heart. I believe Buffalo does have the best team but the big question is Manuel. He will either make us or break us. If he does not play well I wonder how fast before they would give Lewis a shot? And then they would have to go to free agency or next years draft to get ANOTHER QB. I am not writing him off at all. He has shown great ability. Like the games vs Carolina and the Jets. He was playing well in Cleveland and then the injury. I believe we need one more solid linebacker. Alonso was a huge pick up. We are very sound on the front line and the secondary. Loaded at RB and receiver. I hope Stevie Johnson does well in SF. We had to deal him. Woods is better and now we have Watkins. A game breaking type of guy.

Yeah, I get what you're saying Walt. I just think the playoff system is perfect the way it is & doesn't need to be watered down. Besides, it's not like the NFL owners are exactly hurting in the wallet right now. Oh well, whatever happens. I'm sure I'll still be watching....

I'm headed to Las Vegas this summer.

I wonder if I should park a little green on a couple of moderate longshots for the Super Bowl.

I mean, can Seattle kick serious ass again?

I'm headed to Las Vegas this summer.

I wonder if I should park a little green on a couple of moderate longshots for the Super Bowl.

I mean, can Seattle kick serious ass again?

Just take Buffalo. You will get a fortune. And its not as much of a stretch this year as you may think

Hey I think we are finally turning the corner. I really believe that

With Sammy White pairing up with Robert Woods at receiver, Manuel should have some good targets to throw at...if EJ Manuel is the real deal at QB.

Crazy as it sounds, I feel the same way about my stinking Raiders. With the draft the Raiders had, I have an optimism for the coming season that I haven't felt in years.

Your daddy should have taught you better. I will have the last laugh dude

When was the last time they made they playoffs? I'm not sold on EJ and Robert Woods has a lot to prove - he was almost non-existent for the last half of last season. We shall see Rick.

NFL Future Odds

ODDS TO WIN 2015 SUPER BOWL XLIX
Team Odds Seattle Seahawks 6/1 Denver Broncos 6/1 San Francisco 49ers 8/1 New England Patriots 10/1 Green Bay Packers 15/1 New Orleans Saints 25/1 Philadelphia Eagles 25/1 Cincinnati Bengals 30/1 Indianapolis Colts 30/1 Chicago Bears 30/1 Carolina Panthers 30/1 Pittsburgh Steelers 35/1 Kansas City Chiefs 40/1 Atlanta Falcons 40/1 Dallas Cowboys 40/1 San Diego Chargers 40/1 Houston Texans 40/1 New York Giants 40/1 Baltimore Ravens 40/1 Arizona Cardinals 50/1 Washington Redskins 50/1 Detroit Lions 60/1 Miami Dolphins 60/1 Cleveland Browns 75/1 New York Jets 70/1 Tennessee Titans 75/1 Tampa Bay Buccanneers 80/1 St Louis Rams 80/1 Buffalo Bills 80/1 Minnesota Vikings 100/1 Jacksonville Jaguars 225/1 Oakland Raiders 225/1

I can't believe anyone would be setting odds this far out, but hey, it's Vegas:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/21/oddsmaker-raiders-jaguars-underdogs-in-each-of-first-15-games/

The whole list will be crap after the first one or two games, lol!

The freakin lines are up on my betting site and you can lay your action now for week one!!!!!! Ha. Insane. But I assure you there are lots of people playing. Trying to get better prices. But that can backfire. I must admit I like those 6 juicy pts my Boys are getting in Chi town. I am expecting to go in there and whip some damn ass

Archived