Plant was disingenuous in '75

bluesunday

Which do you feel was more offensive?

The "lick" part in IMTOD or the BJ reference before and after Moby Dick? I think the "lick" is funny and just kinds of flows nicely in the song and if by any chance your mind was drifting at that point of the song, Robert saying that pulls you right back in. I love it. The BJ reference just seems a bit much, especially since he mentions it twice.

Which do you feel was more offensive?

The "lick" part in IMTOD or the BJ reference before and after Moby Dick? I think the "lick" is funny and just kinds of flows nicely in the song and if by any chance your mind was drifting at that point of the song, Robert saying that pulls you right back in. I love it. The BJ reference just seems a bit much, especially since he mentions it twice.

I don't find those Vancouver plantations offensive -shit, I'm about as politically incorrect as you can get :lol: I just think they're out of character for Robert Plant. I can't think of any other show where he's that blatant. The "Peter Grant gives us the blowjobs" bit is more "What the fuck?" than anything.

It's not like these guys were known for being classy, high-brow types anyway.

Oh, not at all...it's just just you expect to hear that kinda stuff coming outta the mouth of, say, Steven Tyler, not Robert Plant.

It's not like these guys were known for being classy, high-brow types anyway. The only plantation that ever bothered me was at Pontiac 77 when he very forcefully tells the crowd to shut up.

I think I know which one you mean, I'll have to listen again. At the Doors' second show at the Felt Forum in N.Y. in '70 Jim yells "shut up!" in the quiet part of "When the Music's Over"

I think I know which one you mean, I'll have to listen again. At the Doors' second show at the Felt Forum in N.Y. in '70 Jim yells "shut up!" in the quiet part of "When the Music's Over"

Oh yeah, that was Morrison, he was alway pulling that shit on the audience. That and his calling the audience a "bunch of fucking slaves," must have had the crowd eating out of his hands after that.

Always loved the Plantations but I agree they were shocking, not really disturbing to me. Damn, I saw Whitesnake in 87' (I think it was 87', kinda fuzzy) and Coverdale sounded like he was writing for Penthouse Letters. I believe the least offensive thing Coverdale said that night was a reference to eating pussy...you don't even want to know the offensive stuff.

Archived