A personal message on my upcoming surgery

LedZeppfan77

In early March I am having hip replacement surgery. One at a time. So I would like to put my baseball selections in early when we start the contest because I do not know what shape I will be in. Physically or mentally. Having one done at a time and 3 months in between. I was skeptical to reveal this but I might as well come out with it. I am hoping I can go on a PC very soon after the few nights in the hospital. I do not look forward to this at all.

Paul and Jabe and Strider, and anyone else involved, if you like the format I proposed then let me know and someone can set it up. I will if nobody else wants to. My idea was we each pick a team from each of the 6 divisions and add their wins at years end and get a point for each win. Then extra points for picking the playoff winnners and series winnner. So I await your input.

Hello Rick, as I've stated before in the baseball thread, your ideas for the contest sound good & I don't think I have any genius ideas to improve it. Good luck with the surgery & let us know how you come out of it in March.

Thanks Paul, I will wait for the others

To LedZeppfan77, the best of luck with your operation, my brother in law had both his hips replaced in the past 2 years, he is fine now, (he can walk faster than I can!!!). Sadly I don't know anything about baseball, but once again best wishes for the future and your next marathon!

In early March I am having hip replacement surgery.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hello Rick, as I've stated before in the baseball thread, your ideas for the contest sound good & I don't think I have any genius ideas to improve it.

I'd like to participate in the baseball predictions contest.

In early March I am having hip replacement surgery. One at a time. So I would like to put my baseball selections in early when we start the contest because I do not know what shape I will be in. Physically or mentally. Having one done at a time and 3 months in between. I was skeptical to reveal this but I might as well come out with it. I am hoping I can go on a PC very soon after the few nights in the hospital. I do not look forward to this at all.

Paul and Jabe and Strider, and anyone else involved, if you like the format I proposed then let me know and someone can set it up. I will if nobody else wants to. My idea was we each pick a team from each of the 6 divisions and add their wins at years end and get a point for each win. Then extra points for picking the playoff winnners and series winnner. So I await your input.

Best of luck to you!! you may be here more than you think as there will not be much you can do while in recovery!!

Hey there Rick. The baseball idea sounds good to me too. As far as your hips go, I hope it all goes very smoothly for you. My mother-in-law had hers replaced and now it's great. Hope the same goes for you. Make sure you do the rehab they instruct, it sucks at the time but you'll be better off for it. Take care and keep us updated, if you are able.

:peace:

Rick, best to you on the surgery. I hope it helps!!

And, oddly enough, I may be in on the baseball thing...even though I don't normally do that. But this one looks like I won't have to pay much attention after making the initial picks. And I'm all about the lazy :D

I'm with you, brother!

Get your new hip going good, and we'll mind the store for you and await your return.

I'll have to bone up on my baseball. I haven't had my nose in it for several years. But you can count me in.

Hey there Rick. The baseball idea sounds good to me too. As far as your hips go, I hope it all goes very smoothly for you. My mother-in-law had hers replaced and now it's great. Hope the same goes for you. Make sure you do the rehab they instruct, it sucks at the time but you'll be better off for it. Take care and keep us updated, if you are able.

:peace:

My thanks go out to all of you, I have read all of your posts. JB126 all are welcome to play this contest. If only we had a way to give out a prize. I guess I will set it up soon unless someone else wish's to do it? Paul or Jabe or Walter or Strider? Any of you want the honors? If not I will do it. I or one of you will create a seperate thread. We will give all until opening day's fist pitch to get in. Once the first pitch is thrown, that is it. I know there will be different people picking different teams. Gee, I wonder who might take St Louis? LOL. Thanks to all of you again for your concern. We are all one big Led Zeppelin family here.

I should be able to go on a computer not that long after the surgery I hope? I think the season starts either the first week in April or around March 31st? Not sure, have to look up.

My thanks go out to all of you, I have read all of your posts. JB126 all are welcome to play this contest. If only we had a way to give out a prize. I guess I will set it up soon unless someone else wish's to do it? Paul or Jabe or Walter or Strider? Any of you want the honors? If not I will do it. I or one of you will create a seperate thread. We will give all until opening day's fist pitch to get in. Once the first pitch is thrown, that is it. I know there will be different people picking different teams. Gee, I wonder who might take St Louis? LOL. Thanks to all of you again for your concern. We are all one big Led Zeppelin family here.

I should be able to go on a computer not that long after the surgery I hope? I think the season starts either the first week in April or around March 31st? Not sure, have to look up.

Opening day in Baltimore is March 31st. Got my tickets the other day - can't wait!

I was going to post the exact same thing! The Narco stuff is no joke. Be careful & God speed in recovery. At lest you'll have some time to fully dedicate to the upcoming releases.

Thanks to you all for your caring thoughts and wishes. Its too late for the pain killers to be a concern. Been on them for ages. Hooked. Beyond all hope. But they keep me alive

Been away for a spell so I just noticed this thread, Rick. You can count me in for the baseball contest and I wish you well with your surgery in March. May you come out of it roaring like a lion.

Let's see...new back, new hips...are they rebuilding you like the Bionic Man? ;)

Archived