Slovenia covered in ice

Matjaz1

They do yeah, but so many people didn't have electricity for more then a week and there were so many other problems!

It was basicaly caused by temperatures around 0 celsius and rain which turned into ice, as the temperature was just rght!

This reminds me of a similar ice storm we had on Long Island back in 1978, I think. I was taking a photography course at Nassau Comm. College & took a lot of pictures like yours, including black & white, which was the only film we used in class. I'll try to locate them & post up !

Wow........that is crazy. The weight of that ice must be ripping apart trees and other plant material.

It was bizarre to listen to all the branches popping and cracking. We have zillions of trees around here and it was a constant noise. Lots of the trees still have the branches hanging over in a curve and that was 2 years ago. One branch fell and broke my back window. That was no fun trying to clean up the glass and then go outside to board up the window. :(

The second photo next to the truck is particulary fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. The Slovenia pics are amazing too.

Here's a panorama of the same bushes. They are all touching the ground and are normally about 15 feet high.

post-503-0-22884400-1392850742_thumb.jpg

This reminds me of a similar ice storm we had on Long Island back in 1978, I think. I was taking a photography course at Nassau Comm. College & took a lot of pictures like yours, including black & white, which was the only film we used in class. I'll try to locate them & post up !

Yes, post them if you can. Black & white is my fave. :)

Kinda hard to tell from this pic, but these are tons of branches from that ice storm. They let everyone dump them for free at the fairground and they then ground them up in chippers.

post-503-0-64036000-1392850972_thumb.jpg

Archived