Jeff Beck talks about possible work with Jimmy Page

Andrzej

I envy you. Ive seen Jeff twice and both times at collaborations or gatherings with other artists involved. The last being RNR HOF gathering at MSG in NYC in October, 2010 and the first was in December, 1983 at the same venue for Ronnie Lane's A.R.M.S. concerts along with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page's first U.S. show since Zeppelin in 1977. The response Jimmy got was deafening from the crowd as I remember! That's why he went after Clapton and Beck, obviously!

The envy is mutual...you were at the A.R.M.S. gig....silly teenager me I was too busy going to MSG in the 80s to see New Wave bands! :(

It didn't happen when the Beck/Clapton package tour was put together a few years ago so I don't see it happening now (or ever). As a by the way, Eric is performing in Japan this week and Jeff will be in April.

Unless you can show otherwise Page was never asked to be involved with the Beck/Clapton tour or the Crossroads festival here in Chicago. Those cats know who would get the most attention.

Forgive me for being terse but isn't this is roughly the equivalent of asking the question, "Wouldn't it be cool if they found objective evidence that the Loch Ness Monster existed?" The answer being, 'Sure' but the likelihood also being nil.

I first read about the arms tour in a music mag, in the 80s, when I still bought music magazines. It was an interesting article, the way the emotion of the show was described. How jimmy page, came on stage and picked up a bow and the crowd cheered, then he put bow down on an amp and just played. Years later I got a video of show, from tower records and saw it and remembered the descriptions of page's state and rocky, but heartfelt playing. I thought, I could see page writing an instrumental song, which includes several guitarists...maybe 3 or 5 different guitarists, within a large structured song, where their strong points of they're own particular playing, could really make for an epic guitar based song.

Archived