Todays F1 race was promising. Ferrari seemed to be faster than Mercedes but they practically gave the victory away by choosing the wrong tire after the red flag.

It's amazing that Alonso was able to walk away unharmed from this...

88916180e6124a00aee66ab366714efc.jpg

Edited by marlam

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting race today.  Rosberg wins his 5th consecutive race,  Vettel blew up at the start and is now in 6th place in the standings, Grosjean finished 5th and is now tied for 4th in the standings.  Amazing start for Haas, currently a solid 5th in the constructors standings.  Fantastic!

Now it's time for Martinsville - that half-mile, paper clip shaped, flat short track!  Tempers will flare today!

Nice race today. Very good job by Kimi, 8th podium for him in Bahrain. He now has total of 81 podiums, more than Ayrton Senna.

That Haas car is fast, faster than anyone could have imagined!

Edited by marlam

• 3 weeks later...

Another good race in China last weekend. Usually the Chinese Grand Prix has been boring but not this year.

Everything seems to work for Rosberg at the moment. Easy victory for him for the third time this season.

Ferrari, on the other hand, just keeps wasting opportunities. I think Vettel was wrong when he was blaming Kvyat for the crash at the start. At least Vettel and Räikkönen made a good recovery. The overtakes by Kimi in the last laps were beautiful to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

The problems and battles between other drivers have made things easy for Rosberg so far in this season. Another clear victory for him. Hamilton made an impressive rise from 10th place to 2nd. Kimi made couple of small mistakes but 3rd place was still pretty much maximun performance for him today. Mercedes was too strong in this track.

• 2 weeks later...

Second place for Kimi, 0.6 seconds from first place. So close!

But what an amazing driver 18 years old Max Verstappen is! First race for Red Bull and first victory. The youngest driver ever to win an F1 race. Incredible!

Rosberg still leads in the overall standings but Kimi is now second, 39 points behind.

On 5/15/2016 at 1:09 PM, marlam said:

Mercedes drivers took each other out at the start! This race just got very interesting!

Those two are a pair of petulant little pricks that could do with a good slapping.

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Rosberg is the punk-ass bitch I always thought he was.  He would've never made the next turn taking Hamilton that low.  Unbelievable.  Congrats to young Max and Red Bull.

5 hours ago, JTM said:

Those two are a pair of petulant little pricks that could do with a good slapping.

Yeah, Nico should be more like his father. That guy is a legend!

f1_drivers_smoking-8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's Monaco baby!

Christmas week for me....  Sunday is the legendary trifecta of Monaco for breakfast, Indy 500 for lunch and Charlotte 600 all night long!  What a great day!  Gotta pace myself so there aren't any parts failures that end up in a DNF! ;) 

☘?????

Have a good sleep JTM.  I'll be enjoying the crown jewel of F1.  Monaco is thee drivers course - now mix in rain and it'll be insane.  Congrats to my boy Ricciardo for earning the pole today! ?????

First pole position for Ricciardo in his F1 career and first for Red Bull since 2013. They seem to be back on the top, but they may run into trouble in the faster tracks.

Räikkönen has a five place grid penalty for gearbox chage. Worst possible race for that!

Rain and thunder is expected in Monaco today. That could make the race chaotic.

9 hours ago, Walter said:

Have a good sleep JTM.  I'll be enjoying the crown jewel of F1.  Monaco is thee drivers course - now mix in rain and it'll be insane.  Congrats to my boy Ricciardo for earning the pole today! ?????

Indeed, I'm pleased for Ricciardo he comes across as a genuinely nice guy when he gives his pre/post interviews.. Ric on pole makes a change from those two at P1 and P2....

Hamilton wins in Monaco! Red Bull completely screwed up Ricciardo's pit stop. I think this is the first time since Suzuka 2014 when he isn't smiling.

From Finnish point of view the best thing about this Grand Prix is that it's over.

Monaco was so very intense this morning!  Drama all the way until the last lap - if it had gone 2 min later who knows what would've happened with the impending rain.  That course is so tight.  Kimi was an A-Hole, in my opinion for wrecking Grosjean (sp?) and then driving around with his nose coming apart.  Great run for Perez.  I really like his ability to make a lot out of a little.  Of course Ricciardo lost the race just like Hamilton did last year - due to a complete colapse by his team.  I mean WTF!  I've never scene that happen in racing, not NASCAR, not endurance racing, not IRL, never.....   How could a team call in their car who is leading and not have the tires ready?!?!? ?  

Indy was good - but it is always more fun when they race it out on the track and not with the fuel mileage calculators.  Still a win is a win and Rossi seemed to have a future in F1, but now he's had the golden road into IRL laid out for him.

Chatlotte has begun, almost halfway.  I've had a lot of everything today, hoping my Freaky Fast 4 can get to the front by the end of the 600 miles!