Strider: 450

jb126: 445

Bong-Man: 439

jabe : 435

paul carruthers: 432

zepscoda: 415

Walter: 409

ebk: 409

Thanks Paul for doing the work. Yo Strider, we are in a real dog fight. I think Seattle is hurting me now. And Cincy is melba toast. Coming to get an ass whipping from my O's. I do not know what I was thinking or drinking when I took them. Come on EBK I know you can leave Walter in the cellar. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thanks to the Orioles, at least one of my picks has come true. Paul, it might be time for an update?

I was going to wait until the end of the regular season--not only do I have to add up the points for the regular season, but I have to add on the points for division winners and the wild cards--assuming any of us got the Wild Card picks right, I have to look at my sheet again.

At any rate, it's going to be a lot of ciphering on my part... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've checked and double checked & if anyone has any questions as to why the math may be a bit skewered--it's because I was factoring in not only the regular season standings, but awarding the points for division winners (100) and Wild Cards (75). Most of us were all but wrong as far as Wild Card picks, but a few of you did hit one or in jabe's case, 2--so those points also bumped people up in the standings.

So without further ado: I give you the 2014 MLB Contest Results (and feel free to complain to the management--meaning me--if you feel your final score is too low)....

The Winner: LedZeppfan77: 1015 points

jb126: 1010

Bong-Man: 929

zepscoda: 879

Walter: 866

ebk: 866

jabe: 852

Strider: 831

paul carruthers: 710

Congrats Rick, and now I assume you can get to work on a 2014 MLB Playoffs contest.... ;)

^^ Thanking Seattle??? What did they do--actually, looking at my sheet, you had 4 division winners plus KC as a wild card, so congrats....

I think Seattle got me enough wins to pull it off. but I must thank all the rest including KC. Thanks again. Now if I can only repeat the feat in the Playoffs

Will Cy Young points count in the over-all total Paul?

Seeing as how the Cy Young is an offseason award, maybe we should count that for the postseason contest. I was thinking about that last night when I was tallying up the scores--but the Cy Young doesn't usually get voted on til November I think, so we'll see how it goes then. Unless of course, Rick has another suggestion...

At any rate, I will have to do some ciphering....

Seeing as how the Cy Young is an offseason award, maybe we should count that for the postseason contest. I was thinking about that last night when I was tallying up the scores--but the Cy Young doesn't usually get voted on til November I think, so we'll see how it goes then. Unless of course, Rick has another suggestion...

At any rate, I will have to do some ciphering....

Thanks Strider, Ill have an Oatmeal Stout I have on ice. Anyway Paul, its pretty much a formality in the NL. Kershaw is a lock. So its basically the AL? If anyone picks anyone other than Kershaw they have to be insane. The AL is a bit more tricky. So I think Kershaw kind of makes it a no contest. The AL might go to Sherzer but I am not completely convinced. King Felix will get votes and if Sale had played for a good team we all know his record would be way better. His ERA is right there. I believe my Orioles can and will hit Sherzer. Did Richards have the numbers to be in there? Wainright should finish second to Kershaw in the NL.

Damn, the Angels are getting no love even from Strider. Smolz and Billy Ripken made their picks on MLB.

Smoltz picks Detroit over Washington in the Series

Billy Ripken picks the Nationals over the Orioles

If this Beltway series does happen, we will beat them

Archived