The Pros and Cons of A Zep Reunion Tour

Well I can think of a couple of cons. With all the rumored money about to be thrown at the band, can you imagine how much tickets will cost? Also, you have to realize demand will outstrip supply.....so be prepared for goofy online ticket raffles, ebay auctions and scalpers looking for four figure ticket prices.

Hey other than that..........no worries.

Regards;

Within the last 24 hours, I'm leaning more towards the idea that they should leave it at the 02 gig and do no more shows. I've been a huge Zeppelin fan on and off for about 25 years (aged 14 then, 39 now) and have never seen them but since reading the Plant interview in Uncut and reading the New Yorker review of the show -- have a look on the New Yorker website -- I feel like the perfect way for the legacy to be capped off is with one great, last show that, it seems, 02 was. We won't see them but we'll have the DVD. Plant's comments in Uncut were really interesting as regards the depressing nature of big rock tours these days, and also how much the notion of touring Zeppelin is inseparable for him with the grief over Karac.

I'm in two minds about it. I was at The 02 show, and I don't think the magic of that night would diminish if they played more gigs or not. That was the best night of my life, and will remain so regardless of what happens. That aside, I hope they don't make a Glastonbury appearance. They should keep to their own gigs, gigs where only "real" fans would attend. I think another big show at Madison Square Garden would be good for the US fans. Plus it would allow a UK invasion into New York (much like the US invasion into London last Monday!!). Whatever the band choose to do, I know they will make the right choice.

My predictions are

1. There will be an album within the next 6 months of the new material Jimmy Page says he has. It will be under his name only

2. There will be no tour or further concert at all from Led Zeppelin.

3.Robert Plant is to tour with Alison Krauss next spring/summer and he will then retire.

4.Jason Bonham will get an offer from a big name band.

My predictions are

1. There will be an album within the next 6 months of the new material Jimmy Page says he has. It will be under his name only

2. There will be no tour or further concert at all from Led Zeppelin.

3.Robert Plant is to tour with Alison Krauss next spring/summer and he will then retire.

4.Jason Bonham will get an offer from a big name band.

And John Paul Jones?

I also, want to be able to say i was at the LAST EVER Zeppelin Gig. that'd be kinda special - but thats a selfish reason... much like me being able to say i screamed ROCK AND ROLL, and the band kicking into it... thus introducing the last ever song Zeppelin played Live....

but alas, no doubt they will play...

I'd much rather them play again though to be honest... but the selfish part of me, wants those claims to fame :P

<_<<_<<_<<_<

Well I can think of a couple of cons. With all the rumored money about to be thrown at the band, can you imagine how much tickets will cost? Also, you have to realize demand will outstrip supply.....so be prepared for goofy online ticket raffles, ebay auctions and scalpers looking for four figure ticket prices.

Hey other than that..........no worries.

Regards;

All shows - LOTTERY SYSTEM ala O2. Period.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's stop worrying about a reunion tour and let's start with Rolling Stone magazine. Hey rollingstone, it seems like you forget someone on your cover that did an exceptional job on December 10!

Anyhow it's simple. The pro's (We all can have a December 10 experience) The con's, (Tickets are going to go fast!)

I also, want to be able to say i was at the LAST EVER Zeppelin Gig. that'd be kinda special - but thats a selfish reason... much like me being able to say i screamed ROCK AND ROLL, and the band kicking into it... thus introducing the last ever song Zeppelin played Live....

but alas, no doubt they will play...

I'd much rather them play again though to be honest... but the selfish part of me, wants those claims to fame :P

That is the one thing about the 02 concert. Ultimately, it revealed more about their audience than it did about themselves.

Considering Robert's 2005 tour was 50+ dates and the 2006 and 2007 tours were around 20 dates each I doubt this is a valid concern. Robert's 2005 tour was longer than some Zep tours.

True sir ,but, Plant sings with a lot less stress and power on his solo tours of late. The 1980's stuff was different. He actually screamed and growled through a lot of those tours but he has since made a point of singing and writting much more melodic/falsetto type things a lot more than not; ie; The new albulm with Allison. He cannot do that nearly as much with Zep and the band knows that.

I believe they will opt for a small number of shows in the biggest of venues except for a scant few select small venues because of the history they represent like say, Royal Albert or some place like that.

I would love to see them do 20 or more dates. The more the merrier for all, but I just don't believe it can happen that way. No matter how many dates they deside on, I believe that a Lottery will be in effect for all, so good luck friend, I hope we are both lucky enough see a show!!

I prefer box offices. Bring 'em back for the tour. Only the diehards will be willing to queue all night rain, snow or hail. Maximum 2 tickets each.

Yes, that method of ticket distribution is fine if you live near the actual point of sale ie the box office itself.The one advantage of the ballot system is that as long as you have a computer or can gain access to one, you have a chance.Wherever you are. To enable as many people as possible to physically get to a box office on the correct date[or a day or so before!!] the sale time and date would have to be announced way in advance-eg a month or 6 weeks before actual sales take place.

Also, sell ALL the tickets this way-no credit card/on- line agencies at all/. No other points of sale at all.Should be easy to account for tickets then ,at 2 per person.

Archived