The Pros and Cons of A Zep Reunion Tour

Pros: Show the young pups what real music is... and give those who havent seen them, the chance of a life time to see them live. (Including Canada ...) Increased fan base... not that they need it... lol

Cons: Age/risk of injury and reputation...

I think they can do it ... no doubts. Just maybe need a bit of a slower pace ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's stop worrying about a reunion tour and let's start with Rolling Stone magazine. Hey rollingstone, it seems like you forget someone on your cover that did an exceptional job on December 10!

Oh one cover in the past month was fine enough!

I prefer box offices. Bring 'em back for the tour. Only the diehards will be willing to queue all night rain, snow or hail. Maximum 2 tickets each.

AMEN!

& that is the ONLY way to beat touts.

you queue up on the day of the gig- you buy tickets- you go in- you watch the show.

Thats it. Simple. Once you go in you can't come out. If you do, you aren't allowed back in.

That way no one has a chance to sell tickets on.

No need for any complicated "ballots & wristbands" crap.

Hello:

I could never afford to go to a Zep reunion tour..

Tickets for other reunion tours go so fast, I would probably never get a ticket anyhow..

I saw Robert in 05 with Strange Sensation in London, Canada...I'm happy that I heard/saw him and his great band..the ticket wasn't too expensive for me either...

Juliet

AMEN!

& that is the ONLY way to beat touts.

you queue up on the day of the gig- you buy tickets- you go in- you watch the show.

Thats it. Simple. Once you go in you can't come out. If you do, you aren't allowed back in.

That way no one has a chance to sell tickets on.

No need for any complicated "ballots & wristbands" crap.

Yes, I am already starting to panic about getting hold of tickets if there is a tour. As they are unlikely to play near me, the box office thing could be difficult, but I would be willing to do it. I am worried about getting hold of tickets, touts taking a large number of tickets and taking the prices way out of the price range of most of us. Hopefully, the talk of action against those sites selling tickets at massive markups will have seen something happen by then.

On the subject of online sites, there were several advertising tickets for the O2 show at sky high prices. Does anyone know if anyone managed to get a ticket from them and if it was valid? They have such a poor reputation I'd be surprised if there weren't many pissed off Zep fans somewhere seriously out of pocket who believed they could get tickets this way. Thought something might have made the news by now, or maybe I've missed it.

Yes, I am already starting to panic about getting hold of tickets if there is a tour. As they are unlikely to play near me, the box office thing could be difficult, but I would be willing to do it. I am worried about getting hold of tickets, touts taking a large number of tickets and taking the prices way out of the price range of most of us. Hopefully, the talk of action against those sites selling tickets at massive markups will have seen something happen by then.

On the subject of online sites, there were several advertising tickets for the O2 show at sky high prices. Does anyone know if anyone managed to get a ticket from them and if it was valid? They have such a poor reputation I'd be surprised if there weren't many pissed off Zep fans somewhere seriously out of pocket who believed they could get tickets this way. Thought something might have made the news by now, or maybe I've missed it.

I dont know, but i saw atleast one guy whilst we were at the queue that got screwed over after having bought from other than official sources... consequently he didnt get in.

Aso for buying by box office only... i really dont think that will keep touts at bay at all..

infact it would be better for them... get a coach load of hobos, bums or homeless, whatever you want to call them, give them tea and coffee and get them to stand in line, before they get to the window, give them the money and get the tickets off them as they come out of the queue. this has been and would be used by touts!

The online ballot was a GOOD way of getting the tickets in the hands of the fans, if not a little sloppy... but a masterpiece is never created straight off, it takes time and work... the o2 gig was a good representation that with a little bit of work the system would be an A+ way of distributing tckets...

I think maybe split the tickets with the box office and ballot system might work... ofcourse then touts could get tickets from the box office, but the hardcore fans that live close can line up and those less fortunate (i.e. if Zepp played MSG, i would have no chance of queuing up, because id have to fly there to queue, fly home and then fly back for the gig, which is uneconomical, yet if i won a ballot got the tickets, i could realistically come over for the show and invade MSG like 50 nations invaded london for the 10/12/07)

swings and roundabouts to be honest.

Just had someone on the phone they received an e mail to say Led Zeppelin breaking news, they are going to do a tour< that is all I know right now. Check it out

are you referring to this link:

http://www.pr-inside.com/led-zeppelin-tour...rue-r357376.htm

still "from a source close to the band" - not the horses mouth.

1st comes the dvd of the one off show, excitement builds, plant tours with AK, while a tour gets announced with limited cities and they try out new material while on tour. the tour is followed in true LZ fashion by the release of new music and the following year new dvd of the last tour is released followed by another limited # of cities and they just do it at their pace and reap the riches of being the most in demand live entertainment of the moment

simple really :D

Archived