The Yes Thread

Cletus

I like this band, but unfortunately I don't listen it a lot anymore..

But some of their songs are just so out of this world.. So different and freshing...

some of the stuff is out of this world, but how come you don't listen anymore when it sounds as though you would like too ??

• 6 months later...
That was precious! Wakeman is a pisser! HaHaHaHa!

That's what I thought while reading it too; that was one helluva entertaining article. I was beginning to wonder if he even remembered the band members' names when he wrote things such as:

The singer, guitarist, bassist and drummer were all thoughtful people - interested in philosophy and alternative lifestyles ......

Makes me sad again that I missed the concert they were supposed to have here last Friday which got cancelled. I do hope they tour soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guilty pleasure, I actually love Topographic Oceans...

I saw Yes for the first time when this album made its live debut in its entirety at Bournemouth Winter Gardens, UK (venue now a car park), on 16th and 17th November 1973. I also saw them at Southampton, UK, on the Relayer tour during May 1975, and later that year at the 15th Reading Festival, UK. On all occasions they were on top of their game.

RB

I saw Yes for the first time when this album made its live debut in its entirety at Bournemouth Winter Gardens, UK (venue now a car park), on 16th and 17th November 1973. I also saw them at Southampton, UK, on the Relayer tour during May 1975, and later that year at the 15th Reading Festival, UK. On all occasions they were on top of their game.

RB

Fabulous, I saw them in the 90's and the oo,s :)...What a travesty that the Winter gardens has gone !!!! My old Dad played there hundreds of times !!!

...What a travesty that the Winter gardens has gone !!!! My old Dad played there hundreds of times !!!

Yes, tragic. Far better acoustics than the brick shit-house of the BIC next door, but ultimately politics got in the way of good taste. I even managed two gigs there myself. Was your dad a member of the BSO?

RB

Yes, tragic. Far better acoustics than the brick shit-house of the BIC next door, but ultimately politics got in the way of good taste. I even managed two gigs there myself. Was your dad a member of the BSO?

RB

Agreet the Bic is just a sports hall and you know how it sounds in those place :(. Yes my Dad was a member of the BSO :)

Instrument? I may well have seen him perform, as I used to be partial to the occasional orchestral concert at the Winter Gardens (damn you, Bournemouth council).

RB

He was principle Flute for over 30 years up untill 1988 :) and yes the coucil should be shot !!

• 2 years later...

Not sure what the point in asking if there's another thread on Yes, only continue posting in the new one.

Um because its manners to thank the person who found it, ,but feel free to carry on if you want in this thread, or post it in the other thread if you want, its hardly gonna cause the end of the world here. I replied to earlier posts than yours and again do I just ignore them ?? I think the other posters on here will to read your post on there and make their decision whether to reply to me here or on my thread . Are you the Spanish inquisition ? :wtf:

Edited by leddy

Are you the Spanish inquisition?

No, I'm not but what's the need in even asking if there's another thread if you're not going to post in it? It's not as though this very topic isn't covered in the Forum Guidelines which aren't at all hard to find. While some rules are made to be broken, I personally find it much easier to locate topics if they're all under one thread as opposed to 10 or 12 different threads all devoted to the same exact band/artist.

No, I'm not but what's the need in even asking if there's another thread if you're not going to post in it? It's not as though this very topic isn't covered in the Forum Guidelines which aren't at all hard to find. While some rules are made to be broken, I personally find it much easier to locate topics if they're all under one thread as opposed to 10 or 12 different threads all devoted to the same exact band/artist.

Umm well am posting in it and have explained the reasons, and nobody has posted in the thread for 3 years, and the last post was mine, forum guidlines ah the ones nobody follows, so your not the Spanish inquisition but now the forum Police. I'll post hereif I want, and if I choose to post in the other I will too, if the mods want to delete my thread or merge it with this then I am well cool with that,but not going to keep on spelling it out to you anymore,thanks again for locating it, but with respect your now wasting my time.. :elvis2:

Great point Jahfin!^^

leddy, by no means is this meant with one once of disrespect, but I do see a lot of topics here that could be kept under a previously started topic. It does make it difficult sometimes when you are doing a search and 50 topics come up! I think sometimes there a few that start a topic for the sake of starting a topic (not saying that in this case).

I rarely start a topic as most of the time I can find what I am looking for by using the search function :peace: