Jimmy Page to recieve a Honarary Doctorate at Berklee College of Music in Boston

aen27

yeah no way a commencement ceremony would be open to the public. Those things always barely have enough room for peoples' families!

I'd guess he won't perform, but wonder if he'll make a speech as part of it. As part of the trip for that, have to assume that's when he'll do promo in new york for the zeppelin releases.

yeah no way a commencement ceremony would be open to the public. Those things always barely have enough room for peoples' families!

I'd guess he won't perform, but wonder if he'll make a speech as part of it. As part of the trip for that, have to assume that's when he'll do promo in new york for the zeppelin releases.

I would think the same. I hope there is something in the Boston Globe about him being in Boston. I also think he will promoting the sets too.

I work with someone who is attending for a family member's graduation. From what he says there will be a speech but he is not sure about performance. If he brings me back any photos, I will post.

..and Thank you for this kind update.... here is the link to Berklee for this Legendary Honour...

http://www.berklee.edu/news/jimmy-page-geri-allen-valerie-simpson-thara-memory-receive-honorary-degrees-berklee

..AEN, thank you for posting this, I am so happy for Jimmy....hoping for more...

Of course. It must be here! :) I am too and wish I could see it, I will let you know if there is coverage about him being here and I hope there will be.

If there can be pictures Susan, thank you! :)

Of course. It must be here! :) I am too and wish I could see it, I will let you know if there is coverage about him being here and I hope there will be.

If there can be pictures Susan, thank you! :)

....AEN, if there is any possible way for you to attend it, please do so, as you would want it, I can only imagine you and Jimmy in the same building!!

:veryhot:

....AEN, if there is any possible way for you to attend it, please do so, as you would want it, I can only imagine you and Jimmy in the same building!!

:veryhot:

As would I. ;) Luckily it will be shown in the website if it is not which more likely. I hope he will make a speech. :wub:

As would I. ;) Luckily it will be shown in the website if it is not which more likely. I hope he will make a speech. :wub:

...AEN, Jimmy is very well versed culturally, he will most definitely make a speech....at last, if not for the world, for the Pagettes, he knows that we want to hear from him...

Graduation Planning Link, updates...

http://www.berklee.edu/registrar/graduation-planning

Commencement Ceremony Planning

Commencement 2014 will be held Saturday, May 10. Beginning this fall, information to assist graduates and their families and friends with commencement planning will be posted on the Commencement web page. So plan on checking back on a regular basis for updated information about the ceremony, including honorary degree recipients; a schedule of events; dining and lodging information, and other related commencement news as it becomes available.

I work with someone who is attending for a family member's graduation. From what he says there will be a speech but he is not sure about performance. If he brings me back any photos, I will post.

Anyway they have an extra ticket I can have? I'll pay! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Nice honor for Jimmy! Well deserved, what he has contributed musically throughout his career!

Yes indeed. I'm dead chuffed by this news. But when will he get recognized for his contributions to biomedical research? ;)

Yes indeed. I'm dead chuffed by this news. But when will he get recognized for his contributions to biomedical research? ;)

That's a good question. I guess he gave up on it once his skiffle band became such a force in music back in 1959! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow, guys! It is looking extremly likely that I will get tickets to this!!! Now to work on the flight....

Any word if he is playing in the concert the night before? It seems Alison Krauss played with Berklee when she was honored

Well, I managed to secure tickets to the commencement concert and ceremony! I know Jimmy didn't say he is going, but the Berklee website indicates he wil be in attendance. Looking at past ceremonies, almost all honorees attend including The Eagles, Steven Tyler, Allison Krauss, Willie Nelson, and many more. This just doesn't seem like something Jimmy would miss out on. It also seems like a lot of past honorees have joined in during the concert for a song. Jimmy has been joining in with a few performances "lately" (like Roy Harper and the Black Crowes) and he seems to love having the chance to play, so maybe he will jump in on Whole Lotta Love or something. Its a stretch, but I can hope! Anyways, I am just beyond thrilled I will finally get to see my greatest musical hero! At a cool event, nonetheless!

I have been thinking though, why the hell wouldn" Percy and Jonsey be honored? I am confused as to why the entire current lineup of The Eagles would be honored, but the majority of Aerosmith and Zeppelin wouldn't. Surely Plant, Jones, Perry, Whitford, etc are deserving?

Archived