Jimmy Page to recieve a Honarary Doctorate at Berklee College of Music in Boston

aen27

If it's all about the students then why are they trotting out professional jazz players?

Kashmir was closer to the Unledded version with a kind of medley thrown in.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Of course it isn't a Zeppelin concert, nowhere near it.

Jimmy was welcome to play if he wanted to.there are plenty of performances tonight (gtbt, rnr, wll) faithful to the originals and I'm glad therehave been some unique takes like kasmir and the medley

Good thing you aren't here

WLL was quite good. Lot of energy from the singer on that. Reminded me of Adam Lambert doing that.

Perhaps, Jimmy needs to be in a comfortable environment to perform with others. In other words, those he has performed with before or have that feel to get it right for the most part. I don't know how to say it, but something like this. He probably may not want to play with some that don't have the material down!

by a professor

Jimmy was welcome to play if he wanted to.there are plenty of performances tonight (gtbt, rnr, wll) faithful to the originals and I'm glad therehave been some unique takes like kasmir and the medley

Good thing you aren't here

If I was there the sound would be much better than the streaming that's for sure.

Yes and the medley was very good.

It's a pity they didn't do the same with Kashmir.

My only criticism is it lacked the power of the original and unledded versions.

Funny thing is almost everyone bags Plant for doing different arrangements of Zep songs but find it ok for others to do it?

Why he didn't play is a bit strange, perhaps his heart isn't in it anymore unless the others are with him, which is sad if true.

Enjoy the rest of the night.

If I was there the sound would be much better than the streaming that's for sure.

Yes and the medley was very good.

It's a pity they didn't do the same with Kashmir.

My only criticism is it lacked the power of the original and unledded versions.

Funny thing is almost everyone bags Plant for doing different arrangements of Zep songs but find it ok for others to do it?

Why he didn't play is a bit strange, perhaps his heart isn't in it anymore unless the others are with him, which is sad if true.

Enjoy the rest of the night.

Agree with you regarding Robert covering Zep material. Robert is an easy target as he has been the one who hasn't agreed to do a Zep tour. I'd love to see it, but respect him for not doing it, I think it would be quite arduous for anyone with the scope of all things etc.

It's done for the night as it's been a couple of minutes. Overall, quite good. Some of the artists did the material quite good and others, not so! But, you have to expect that!

I could have gone to this, but being three+ hours away made it a bit tough, but it was really finding an affordable hotel for the night. Well, anyway I enjoyed it overall tonight and look forward to the commencement with Jimmy tomorrow in the a.m. It begins at 10 and runs for 2.5 hours. Not sure, when Jimmy will speak but I would guess about 11:30 am. He's so sharp and eloquent and I'm sure he'll do well! Looking forward to see how he is dressed. It will be a bit warmer tomorrow in (forecast high of 77 vs. 61 today) I would think as that's the forecast with a chance of some T-Storms. I still hope, Jimmy adorns one of his great scarfs. It will be in the a.m. so some cooler temps may warrant this for a bit in the 60's. Plus, Jimmy just looks so cool this way! :thumbsup:

Paging Dr. Jimmy Page...I love it!! And what a perfect title as we know that LZ music cures all that ails!!

I had to listen in bits so didn't hear all of the songs but luckily caught WLL and thought it was fantastic!! Were the musicians for that song Berklee students as well or was it an invited band??

I happen to really like Plant"s take on tunes lol

I ended up a matter of feet away from him, gave me a thumbs up!

It was a dream come true though, unreal and emotional night

You mean Jimmy Page! That's cool! Something you'll never forget, being acknowledged of someone like Jimmy. Had my own experience a few years ago, at an intimated show of Robert's, which I have shared here on a few occasions. It comes up at times.

I happen to really like Plant"s take on tunes lol

I ended up a matter of feet away from him, gave me a thumbs up!

It was a dream come true though, unreal and emotional night

That's awesome...LUCKY YOU!!! Bet you'll relive that moment (and night) a time or two!!

Archived