Amsterdam '69 film?

badgeholder

Just saw this ( on AA's database), never heard of this before, anyone know what he's talking about? (LedZepFilm, are you out there? :-) Sounds interesting...

OCTOBER 5 - AMSTERDAM CONCERTGEBOUW, AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND (SUNDAY) Support from Steamhammer. Very likely the whole set was profesionally filmed and still exists.

I think TV cameras doesn't mean that the show was pro shot, but the fact that there were many people filming either for personal use or news reports.

To me, any recently surfaced footage is great. Hopefully any footage from this show (and of course others) keep coming!

DOCID: 19855
COLLECTION: Television Program
TITLE: THIS IS THE START (FILM NO LONGER PRESENT IN ARCHIVE!!!)
BROADCASTER: VARA
BROADCAST DATE: 1969-11-12
TIME: 2'08" (Rol 1); 13'02" (Rol 2); 4'50" (Rol 3)
TAPENUMBER: K36401 {FILM}
GENRE: TO BE DETERMINED
TECHN-DATA: Film: A1 (Rol 1); B2 (Rol 2); D3 (Rol 3)
Sound: A1 (Rol 1); C2 (Rol 2); E3 (Rol 3)
DESCRIPTION: Leader.
Show of beatgroup (sic): "Led Zeppelin" at the Concertgebouw.
Birds One by Frans Zwartjes with Trix.
CATEGORY: beatmusic (sic)
NAME: Concertgebouw
ANNOTATIONS: At 21/11/1969 returned to owner.

I got one song from Steamhammer sourced from, what it might be called, the board feed. It is labelled as being sourced from Amsterdam 1969. Judging that Steamhammer performed in Holland twice in October of 1969 (October 3, Hague and October 5, Amsterdam), and also knowing that only the second gig was hypotetically filmed, it is quite safe to say that it is from the same stash of tapes (likely a soundtrack of TV documentary that also contained Led Zeppelin fragment).

That photo looks like the Bath Festival on June 28, 1969, another show with uncirculated 8mm footage.

Yeah, you're right, Bath '69, the tent and everything. But these other pics are great too, they just scream ROCK N ROLL!

Archived