Aussie Zep ep's

grasbo

My first job was working in a small record shop in 78-79 and yes it was when ITTOD was released,but that's another story.One day I noticed on catalogue that the ep's This is LZ and Acoustically were still avaidable as well as some other artists including the Doors.I order them for myself.The rep for WEA records(Atlantic,Elektra etc) he said it would be lucky if they were still avaidable.My boss went ahead and ordered the existing stock if any because we specialized in carrying a lot of back catalogue.I remember about 8 to 10 of each ep came in and that was it and they were not on the next catalogue issue.Could our little shop have had the last stock?They soon went quick once the new lp was released.I sold my copies a few years later for a song.dam!

I remember the main reason for getting them was for that 'rare' b side which I thought was great and still do.I never played Acoustically as I had all the songs, I just filed it away.I sold them for a carton of beer to my brother in law who was a real collector(amazing Stones collection).Interestingly I held on to the Doors and Buffalo eps(Australia's Sabbath)getting $25 each.

The $50 Acoustically was in VG condition so it was a little overpriced. NM copies generally go for $70-80: http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q=LED+ZEPPELIN+Acoustically&search-button=

'This is' seems to be a $25-35 item: http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q=this+is+led+zeppelin+AUSTRALIAN&search-button=

there is a rarer variation with the Band mislabeled as 'Led Zeppeling' that is a little more valuable: http://collectorsfrenzy.com/search?q=zeppeling&search-button=

I bet your shop did snap up the last ones as they were removed from the next list. Do you remember if your shop was still carrying new 8-track tapes back them? I would pay big bucks for an original Australian edition of ITTOD...

Eight tracks had gone by the way ,however we had a box of them behind the counter should anyone ask and Zep l and lll were in there along with Iron Butterfly and Chicago.They sat there for ages until the boss struck a deal with a bloke for the lot.However I did get one he missed,Jethro Tull's Living in the Past,still sitting on my shelf unplayed today.Promo posters,white label pressings for lp and fool in the rain single and the rep gave me all six different lp covers for ITTOD were items I got during this time.There was also definitely a badge(band in field).

All of them from the first link, except the one without PS are represses. That's why are cheap. First press is more rare and price is higher

Thanks for the information - so the originals have the circle around the center hole (top pic), and the re's have the line straight through (bottom pic). I now have to go back and check mine... is there any difference in the covers?

$_57.JPG

$_12.JPG

Archived