Considering to sell Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page book.

A completely self-centred thread here, please excuse.

The situation is simple. I have one of the original Genesis Pub. 2008 Jimmy Page books. #428. I need to liquidate assets for a brighter goal. Hmm, see what I'm thinking?

Video of its opening:

Hive Zep Mind: what are your thoughts/knowledge about what the above books are going for, or indeed a reputable dealer for this kind of thing. Do you think it's worth selling at this point in time? (and yes, I'm considering that it's gonna be a Zep-heavy news year).

Over to you, cheers.

Hi Triplet Kick. I have seen the book for 3K. I know you stated you have a brighter goal for your reason to sell and I wish you the best with that, but just my opinion...I would hold on to this book if at all possible. I have #665 as I wanted one of the bookends to 666 (I believe Jimmy has that one)....so that no one could sell it for that very reason. :peace:

A recent entry on eBay asked for 2k but it closed with no bids.

I don't know why - but I do know that many if not most of the photos are available online.
I understand the book has different value than download-able photos … but for others what's special about the book isn't obvious.

A side note - there is a used ashtray seen next to the book near the end of the video past the point where the Jimmy Page photos are shown.
I'm not a militant anti-smoker but many are -and might think the book- "less than" because it appears to be exposed to smoke.

In any case, good luck!
For what it's worth, I believe the book is an investment that hasn't reached its potential. I would resist the sell for now.

^^^

Excellent point about the ashtray and exposure to smoke. I deal in books and can tell you many people submit books to the "smell test" before purchasing.

It's a shame you feel the need to sell now as I believe it's full resale value is still ahead.

^^^

Excellent point about the ashtray and exposure to smoke. I deal in books and can tell you many people submit books to the "smell test" before purchasing.

It's a shame you feel the need to sell now as I believe it's full resale value is still ahead.

Strider, I bid on a book a while ago, what about an author who smokes a pipe, it is still a book....

• 2 weeks later...

A side note - there is a used ashtray seen next to the book near the end of the video past the point where the Jimmy Page photos are shown.

I'm not a militant anti-smoker but many are -and might think the book- "less than" because it appears to be exposed to smoke.

I used to smoke quite a lot, but now I use a Volcano Vape exclusively. Put one of them puppies next to the book, I wonder if that would help boost the final sale price--you know, get someone to buy it when they're in the right mood. I really don't think that anyone would regret the purchase either way. Good luck on the sale, if you go through with it.

The ashtray belongs to my two year old, who's a huge Tom Waits fan. Even though the kid wasn't born at the time of the video. I swear upon... the Jimmy Page book. Honestly!

Hmm, I'll hold off on selling this beauty for a while methinks.

Meanwhile, I'm liqudating my juicy droolworthy copy of Robert Plant's Dreamland double LP here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181379601864

:)

Archived