March Madness

jabe

I have filled out four different brackets. In two, I have Florida winning...one beating Louisville and another beating Wichita St. In the third, I have Louisville beating Florida and the fourth, I have Wichita St. beating Michigan St.

A month ago I would have had Syracuse a lock to make the Final Four, but now the furthest I have them going is the Elite Eight. Kansas, Arizona, and plenty of other strong contenders also have injury issues that might hurt their chances. As a West Coaster, I feel Arizona is the Pac-12s best chance at going deep...I don't trust UCLA, especially on the road.

I just want to finish ahead of President Obama. I don't see anybody winning Warren Buffet's $1 Billion bet for a perfect bracket.

I have Florida, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Louisville in my Final Four. Louisville v. Michigan St. in the final game and the Spartans taking it all.

So far, Dayton over Ohio State in round 1....check.

Pitt routing Colorado

Wisconsin routing American

Harvard and Cincinnati in the early stages.....

In one bracket I have Florida, N Carolina, Arizona, Wichita State... then N Carolina/Wichita State... then Wichita State winning.

In the other, I have Florida, Virginia, Louisville, Wichita State...then Florida/Arizona...then Florida winning.

I didn't have Dayon in either bracket. Off to my usual auspicious start :)

I don't have a bracket but Virginia is going all the way!

Can I take your word for it? ;) What about VCU? :P

Goddamn Big 10...as usual, leave it to a Big 10 team to screw things up. Thanks Ohio St. Where's Ol' Buckeye Doc?

One bracket, final four: UCLA, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Wichita with Wichita winning it all. OH State my only bad pick from day one, but it will haunt me, I had them winning few.

Goddamn Big 10...as usual, leave it to a Big 10 team to screw things up. Thanks Ohio St. Where's Ol' Buckeye Doc?

Hi Strider!

I was not too optimistic for Ohio State this year. Too inconsistent and no big playmakers or 3 point shooters. Craft was their best player. I haven't even watched one of their games this year.

But at least they were beaten by University of Dayton, another Ohio team. I don't look for UD to go too far in the tournament, but anything can happen. That is why they call it March madness!

^ I had Duke winning this game plus two additional games. My brackets are beginning to look like moldy Swiss cheese!

Upsets aplenty. What a weekend!

Hoos are off to a great start!! :)

And Hi BuckEye Doc!! :wave:

Down goes Syracuse! Down goes Syracuse! Down goes Syracuse! (Sorry Walter ;) )

Down goes 'Nova, too.

That's 6-2 for my Sweet 16 yesterday. Hopefully I'll go 8-0 today and raise my rankings. All Final Four picks still alive in most of my entries.

Poor Rick. Syracuse started the season on such a roll, a championship seemed inevitable or at least probable. To not even reach the Sweet 16, let alone Elite Eight, has to rank as a bitter disappointment for 'Cuse fans.

Surveying the wreckage from the weekend...two of my ESPN.com bracket entries are pretty much toast, ranked 9,000,000 or worse. Then, I have one entry where I went 28-4 in the Round of 64, then 10-6 in the Round of 32, to total 480 points and rank 190,031 out of 11 million entries...or 98.3%. Better than President Obama! In fact, better than Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon in the Pardon the Interruption Group and better than all the Around the Horn panelists.

But here's the rub...because two of the teams I had making it to the Final Four are already out (Wichita St. and Villanova), I have a better chance with my other bracket, currently ranked 4,945,080 with 410 points, because all four of my Final Four teams (Florida, Michigan St., Arizona, Louisville) are still alive.

Archived