March Madness

jabe

They are replaying the Dayton/Syracuse game right now, even worse than Saturday night....

Edit to say I had forgotten how bad a call the refs made with about 35 seconds to go, with the Daton player trapped at their baseline, moving his pivot foot all over the place and falling out of bounds - while calling time out (which is not legal, btw).....makes me sick! :angry:

My picks have been sliced and diced so much I would make Popeil proud.

Wisconsin is my lone Final Four survivor, while Mrs jabe has all her Final Four still in play.

Didn't think I would get this scrorched this soon, so I'm sure yall be groovin' on my yet to come MBL picks.

Week 2 begins tonight. First game up is Dayton vs. Stanford at 7:15pm EST. I'd like to know how many people picked that regional bracket correctly, haha. Florida vs. UCLA is the marquee game of the night but I don't think UCLA will win.

^^^

Haha, which half...Stanford or Dayton?

Florida, Arizona, Wisconsin for me too. I had Kansas beating Syracuse in my brackets, so that section is a bust for me. But I want Stanford to beat Dayton.

For Friday's games, I have

Louisville over Kentucky

Michigan over Tennessee

Michigan St. over Virginia (sorry Virginia)

Iowa St. over UConn

^^^

Haha, which half...Stanford or Dayton?

For Friday's games, I have

Louisville over Kentucky

Michigan over Tennessee

Michigan St. over Virginia (sorry Virginia)

Iowa St. over UConn

FL/UCLA...

I agree with your picks, Strider.

After last night I have 3 of the 8 'elite' teams and all final four picks still alive....so far! ;)

:gimmefive: Go Hoos! Strider; I'm keeping the faith!

I wouldn't expect any less from a beautiful Hokie. Congratulations on a helluva season.

Walter, 5 of the Elite 8, and 3 of the Final 4 still alive for me. Anyone besides Ashley Judd have Kentucky beating Louisville? Haha, at least with Kentucky's victory we'll be treated to more of the lovely Ms. Judd.

Can Dayton shock the world and beat Florida today? Even though I have Florida in my brackets, I now kind of want Arizona to win it all...or Michigan St.

Anyone betting on an all SEC final?

Wisconsin is my lone team standing. If Coach Corleone takes Big Blue to the final with a team that's starting all freshman, it'll flat out blow my mind.

^ Not for me! Can't stand those Gators!

Congrats to UConn and Kentucky....who would've ever guessed a #7 vs. a #8 seed for the national championship! Neither in the top-25 when the tourney began. Monday night should be a great game!

With Florida and Wisconsin going down, all my bracket entries are toast...this was one of my worst years ever picking the tournament.

On the plus side, Kentucky being in the Final means more Ashley Judd and UConn making it means Super Dave is doing this :banana: somewhere.

Not sure where my rooting interests will lie for the game Monday. :Thinking:

Here we go! #8 Kentucky vs. #7 UConn...first time ever since seedings began in 1979 that no Top 3 seed has made it to the Championship Game.

Do I cheer for the Huskies or the Ashley Judds? ;)

Unfortunately it's being held at Texas Stadium, which means we'll have to suffer through numerous tv shots of Jerry Jones. Already, I turned from the Red Sox - Rangers game to see Kid Cock mangling some Lynyrd Skynyrd song. Hopefully they will have somebody decent doing the National Anthem...

...oh, it's that guy from Hootie & the Blowfish...Darius something or other. I suppose Sheryl Crow will be doing the halftime show.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

All right! All right! All right! Congratulations Super Dave (and all the other people in the Conn/Mass/RI area) to your UConn Huskies! They looked discombobulated at times down the stretch, but they held it together enough to beat Kentucky 60-54 for the NCAA Championship.

It was a fun game to watch. Time to cue up "One Shining Moment"!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

All right! All right! All right! Congratulations Super Dave (and all the other people in the Conn/Mass/RI area) to your UConn Huskies! They looked discombobulated at times down the stretch, but they held it together enough to beat Kentucky 60-54 for the NCAA Championship.

It was a fun game to watch. Time to cue up "One Shining Moment"!

Thanks Strider!!! I am a big Huskies fan! Who would have thought this from a 7 seed...but Kentucky was an 8! That was history! Glad to stick it to a scumbag like "Fried Calipari!" Marinara with that?

Archived