Things People Do That Rub You

Charles J. White

Yesterday (Sunday).............

There's a car repair shop by me and one of the cars horn alarms kept going off. Couldn't do shit about it. Most aggravating thing in the universe behind thumping car stereos. 

Old bastard in the grocery store today cuts in front of 4 of us waiting for the self serve check out. I guess he was special. Fuckin' jackass. When will evolution weed these types out??? 

7 hours ago, redrum said:

There's a car repair shop by me and one of the cars horn alarms kept going off. Couldn't do shit about it. Most aggravating thing in the universe behind thumping car stereos. 

Old bastard in the grocery store today cuts in front of 4 of us waiting for the self serve check out. I guess he was special. Fuckin' jackass. When will evolution weed these types out??? 

Some people can be real "special" with their perceived entitlement. I had a woman do the same thing to me at a concert while I was waiting in line at the hootch-stand, she just walked right in front of me and up to the bar. Crazy.

Bigger issue though is those damned self-checkouts. Bad enough the prices on stuff keeps going up but now you expect me to be your unpaid employee too? Well, no way bud, I have a little win-win for them. Whenever I use the self-checkout I typically steal anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of what I put in the cart (that is, I do not scan a good number of items). That is my compensation for having to do their job while also getting hosed on the cost in general. I told my wife about this and she worried I might get caught. No worries as there is nothing they can do as I would just say "oh, silly me, must have not picked it up when I tried to scan" and then go back and pay. It really is no risk unless you do it without a form of payment in which case yes, you will get busted. But, I have never even been given a single glance much less stopped. They have these 16-18 year old kids stationed at these self-checkout areas to prevent an industrious lad such as myself from nicking the product, however its kinda hard for them to do their job when they are either on their phone or bullshitting with another employee, or helping the several blue-hairs who can barely operate a door handle much less a self-checkout.

I know my days of doing this are numbered as I know I cannot be the only person doing this and loss prevention will eventually just pony up an put automatic readers at the door. So when you leave, everything is automatically scanned and then charged to your bank account. But until that comes, it's Jane's Addiction time but without getting caught. No need to stuff that 15 lbs. turkey into my pants when I simply don't scan it.

Well, it's 8:47am and I will shortly be off to the store to pull off the old "skim" as the mafia guys would say.

If it was good enough for Vegas, its good enough for me 🙂 

Edited by BobDobbs

On 3/7/2021 at 4:26 PM, Christopher Lees said:

+1

I can't stand the dog worship that has taken over American society! What is wrong with people? I'm walking down the sidewalk and coming right at me is some chick with like three dogs. They're pulling her off balance, all around, she's struggling with them, raising her voice to them, pulling them along, yanking on their chains, and they're all over the sidewalk. They take up the whole thing.

I agree.  I was in the market a little over a year ago, and a woman had three dog in her shopping cart. THREE dogs! With their dirty poop butts in a cart where people put their food. So, when I said to the woman: "Really lady-- THREE DOGS???"  She got very defensive and claimed her dogs were "emotional support animals".

I then said, you must be really emotionally unstable to need three support animals--- so I basically called BULLSHIT on her.

12 hours ago, redrum said:

Remember those car alarms with a motion sensor that would sound a recorded warning about getting away from the car before they would start blaring an alarm.  People had those and then park in a parking lot right near the front of a store where other people have to walk by and then the thing would just keep going off.  Eventually they stopped selling them because anyone who had one of those never got their cars stolen, just keyed and vandalized because they were so annoying.

Also, ever notice how the most annoying car alarms are on the biggest chunk of shit worthless vehicles?  Usually some teenager with a piece of crap $1000 car, with $3000 bucks worth of crap Pep Boys custom bumpers, spoilers, and other Chinese made aftermarket slop.  Like who is going to steal that pile of shit?

18 hours ago, kipper said:

I agree.  I was in the market a little over a year ago, and a woman had three dog in her shopping cart. THREE dogs! With their dirty poop butts in a cart where people put their food. So, when I said to the woman: "Really lady-- THREE DOGS???"  She got very defensive and claimed her dogs were "emotional support animals".

I then said, you must be really emotionally unstable to need three support animals--- so I basically called BULLSHIT on her.

Hey bud, no one talks shit about my little Nibbler. My doggie Nibbler is my friend, she makes me a happy panda 🙂 

Seriously, I love my Nibbles but I do not take her into stores or restaurants even though she is trained because doing so is batshit crazy! I saw some joker the other day, had a three legged Chihuahua looking dog with this big ass "SERVICE ANIMAL" jacket on it that was obviously made for a much larger dog. I asked the guy with the dog how a three legged dog could be a service animal and the guy became all defensive and mumbled how I was anti-dog and not respectful of his emotional state. Jesus Christ man, when your service dog needs a service dog just give it a rest, your busted.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, BobDobbs said:

Hey bud, no one talks shit about my little Nibbler. My doggie Nibbler is my friend, she makes me a happy panda 🙂 

Seriously, I love my Nibbles but I do not take her into stores or restaurants even though she is trained because doing so is batshit crazy! I saw some joker the other day, had a three legged Chihuahua looking dog with this big ass "SERVICE ANIMAL" jacket on it that was obviously made for a much larger dog. I asked the guy with the dog how a three legged dog could be a service animal and the guy became all defensive and mumbled how I was anti-dog and not respectful of his emotional state. Jesus Christ man, when your service dog needs a service dog just give it a rest, your busted.

I feel bad for the blind and disabled (physically) who rely on actual trained service dogs to help them. I have no problem with those animals, They are highly trained, EXPENSIVE, and of no problem whatsoever to anyone else around them. Not in a store, restaurant, or an airplane.

But these "emotional support" animals are impossible to define or regulate. And owing to weak language in the ADA laws, subject to widespread abuse.

I hate making more and more laws to try and get people to act civilized. But the emotional support animal thing need some fixing. If only to protect actual handicapped people who need a service dog.

Consider this as it applies to flying on an aircraft. If a person comes on the aircraft with animal (which could be many animals not just dogs), and YOU are allergic to, or simply have a phobia to an animal, and you ask the flight crew to have your needs met. The law says the flight crew is required to provide for you, the person who is unable to be near an animal,  a "reasonable accommodation". 

Sound great, doesn't it?  Sounds like they will move you or the person with the animal to another seat, right?

NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

What is a "reasonable accommodation" is that YOU will be asked to de-plane and put on another flight, and someone on standby will take your seat. The person with animal will not be asked to adjust--- unless the flight crew determines the animal may be a security problem, which means you have to wait until the animal does something to create a problem.

Meanwhile YOU get bumped for the flight, because YOU dared to voice your needs by not being subjected to an animal near you.

What is a "reasonable accommodation" is that YOU will be asked to de-plane and put on another flight, and someone on standby will take your seat. The person with animal will not be asked to adjust--- unless the flight crew determines the animal may be a security problem, which means you have to wait until the animal does something to create a problem.

Meanwhile YOU get bumped for the flight, because YOU dared to voice your needs by not being subjected to an animal near you.

Especially if it looks like this.

Pepe le Pew in"Odor-Able Kitty" Directed by Chuck Jones. Released on  January 6, 1945 Studio Lobby Card Publicity Still - Warner Brothers at  Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles Store

16 hours ago, kipper said:

I feel bad for the blind and disabled (physically) who rely on actual trained service dogs to help them. I have no problem with those animals, They are highly trained, EXPENSIVE, and of no problem whatsoever to anyone else around them. Not in a store, restaurant, or an airplane.

But these "emotional support" animals are impossible to define or regulate. And owing to weak language in the ADA laws, subject to widespread abuse.

I hate making more and more laws to try and get people to act civilized. But the emotional support animal thing need some fixing. If only to protect actual handicapped people who need a service dog.

Consider this as it applies to flying on an aircraft. If a person comes on the aircraft with animal (which could be many animals not just dogs), and YOU are allergic to, or simply have a phobia to an animal, and you ask the flight crew to have your needs met. The law says the flight crew is required to provide for you, the person who is unable to be near an animal,  a "reasonable accommodation". 

Sound great, doesn't it?  Sounds like they will move you or the person with the animal to another seat, right?

NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

It's always the scammers and jackasses who ruin it for legitimate people who need these animals. All they need is a law that says all service animals, including emotional support animals must be professionally trained and certified as such with a current license or whatever. If your psychologist / psychiatrist writes a scrip for such an animal, just like a doctor can do, then your insurance minus deductible should burden the cost.

I see these creep types in town who look like total lowlifes. They hang around the park across from me and I wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit. They look like meth maggots. That's par for this neck of the woods. I always worry about being burglarized. It's just an old habit I picked up from the bay area. 

10 hours ago, redrum said:

I see these creep types in town who look like total lowlifes. They hang around the park across from me and I wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit. They look like meth maggots. That's par for this neck of the woods. I always worry about being burglarized. It's just an old habit I picked up from the bay area. 

13 hours ago, redrum said:

I’m the same way being born and raised in Newark.

Edited by RainbowElf

On 3/12/2021 at 4:14 AM, redrum said:

Especially if it looks like this.

Pepe le Pew in"Odor-Able Kitty" Directed by Chuck Jones. Released on  January 6, 1945 Studio Lobby Card Publicity Still - Warner Brothers at  Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles Store

Pepe Le Peu.

5 hours ago, redrum said:

No. Auburn is about 15 miles from here and there's a train there. 

I know when I moved out of Newark to a small town, they started developing around where I lived, there was a train station not too far away, and dope fiends and transients started popping up all over the place, a lot of New Yorkers too, being we are so close and of course it was the bad apple New Yorkers that came no offense against the good people of New York.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, BobDobbs said:

It's always the scammers and jackasses who ruin it for legitimate people who need these animals. All they need is a law that says all service animals, including emotional support animals must be professionally trained and certified as such with a current license or whatever. If your psychologist / psychiatrist writes a scrip for such an animal, just like a doctor can do, then your insurance minus deductible should burden the cost.

Most on planes just claim emotional support to avoid paying the fees imposed on transporting pets.

But a trained service animal--- like for the blind, can cost $50K plus.  And for good reason, they NEVER react badly under pressure, don't bark or bite, and have the exact temperament, or they wash out of the training program.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, BobDobbs said:

LOL!

Norm MacDonald does a bit about some homeless guy he saw and the street with a dog. And Norm was saying that the dog is probably thinking: "what the hell do I need this guy for, I could pretty much do this homeless thing on my own!"

44 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

People who wear jackets outside in the middle of the summer in Arizona.

or fellas running around Lake Michigan sporting only a cod-piece on New Years Day, looking for a hole in the ice to jump in.

Wacky Chicagoans 

On 3/15/2021 at 5:19 AM, RainbowElf said:

I know when I moved out of Newark to a small town, they started developing around where I lived, there was a train station not too far away, and dope fiends and transients started popping up all over the place, a lot of New Yorkers too, being we are so close and of course it was the bad apple New Yorkers that came no offense against the good people of New York.

#1 for me still has to be the thumping car stereos and now the ridiculous sounding car and truck exhaust systems. What the fuck ever happened to the noise ordinance? 

8.20.010 Declaration of policy.

It is declared to be the policy of the city to minimize exposure of citizens to harmful and psychological effects of extensive noise. It is the expressed intent of the city to control the level of noise in a manner which promotes commerce, the use, value and enjoyment of property, sleep and repose, and the quality of the environment. (Ord. 1599 § 3, 1988).

2 hours ago, redrum said:

#1 for me still has to be the thumping car stereos and now the ridiculous sounding car and truck exhaust systems. What the fuck ever happened to the noise ordinance? 

8.20.010 Declaration of policy.

It is declared to be the policy of the city to minimize exposure of citizens to harmful and psychological effects of extensive noise. It is the expressed intent of the city to control the level of noise in a manner which promotes commerce, the use, value and enjoyment of property, sleep and repose, and the quality of the environment. (Ord. 1599 § 3, 1988).

I guess the cops aren't enforcing the ordinances,