Things People Do That Rub You

Charles J. White

Alright back on topic.....I find it more amusing than annoying, but here goes... People who use the phrase  "AT THE END OF THE DAY" every 3 minutes..  

One guy recently at work said "AT THE END OF THE DAY" 4 times in a meeting in about 15 minutes...  He's known for it ... so I kept count.. 😎 Nice enough guy, but come on... 

30 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Payroll taxes are levied to support those programs. In other words, they are EARNED entitlements, not grants.

Exactly, thus they should not be taken away. I have paid into this system for the past 38 years and I will be damned if I do not get what I have been paying for because some jackasses decide to defund those programs in an effort to make them insolvent.

8 minutes ago, the chase said:

Alright back on topic.....I find it more amusing than annoying, but here goes... People who use the phrase  "AT THE END OF THE DAY" every 3 minutes..  

One guy recently at work said "AT THE END OF THE DAY" 4 times in a meeting in about 15 minutes...  He's known for it ... so I kept count.. 😎 Nice enough guy, but come on... 

Well, at the end of the day it all...

Just kidding. Reminds me of that guy in Goodfellas, Jimmy Two Times

It's a good point: if you pay for insurance (car, house), you don't refuse on principle to make a claim on it when you need to - you put the claim in and they pay out, right?
Dunno how it works in the US, but the UK's National Insurance is the same thing - you pay it out of your wages, so you're covered if you need it in future.
If you've paid into an insurance scheme it doesn't make you a skiver if you make a claim on your insurance  - and you don't view any payout as a 'benefit' , do you?
You're getting what you paid for. Same with NI. As for working for your dole money: bullshit - if you make a claim on your car insurance, you don't have to clean the insurance company's toilets for six months as a condition of being paid out, do you? Same thing. And just as the payout on house or car insurance isn't limited to the amount you've paid into the scheme, neither is NI. Once you're in the scheme, you're fully covered. Or should be. We all know what a set of welching bastds insurance companies are, though! Anyway, things people do that rub me up the wrong way? They exist...😉

Edited by Brigante

9 hours ago, JTM said:

A regular caller on the local radio daily talk show has a habit of saying "Y'know" a lot.  Her last call I counted thirty two of them in a little over three minute call.

SF Giant jack Clark used to always do that in interviews. Uhhh, you know.

Same with the pimp movie where they said: You know wut i'm sayin'? about a million times. High praise for a movie about slavery.

Amazon.com: Movie Posters American Pimp - 27 x 40: Prints: Posters ...

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Bikers in general - even though I commute by bike to work everyday -  that have headphones on, no hands on the handlebars and cruise right through intersections without even slowing down.  Gee, what could possibly go wrong? 

Bicycles, right? Yeah, 250 pounds against 4,000 pounds. Who will come out on top?

13 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Bikers in general - even though I commute by bike to work everyday -  that have headphones on, no hands on the handlebars and cruise right through intersections without even slowing down.  Gee, what could possibly go wrong? 

Bikers ? You mean cyclists surely.

8 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

My apologies...you are correct.  The Spandex Nazi's using pedal power.

Yeah, Lycra louts as I call them, they are the worst, heads down, I'm coming fuck everyone else, usually doing 30mph plus. I don't mind the sedate riders who ride safely and considerately. But those louts I wish them ill, have no sympathy when they have an accident "Serves you right prick".

I just noticed that the product details for The Complete sessions I purchased on ebay says format CD-R, this means it's been burned to CD and not original correct?

The label says Atlantic but the distributor says Wea, did I get duped and bought an unofficial copy? The UPC code is 0081227943899

R-13244298-1579514434-3464.jpeg.jpg  R-13244298-1579514443-6786.jpeg.jpg

These are the actual photos the seller says arefrom the actual CD, I just messaged him aboutthe CD-R issue, let's see what he says.

This rubbed me the wrong way.

12 hours ago, JTM said:

Yeah, Lycra louts as I call them, they are the worst, heads down, I'm coming fuck everyone else, usually doing 30mph plus. I don't mind the sedate riders who ride safely and considerately. But those louts I wish them ill, have no sympathy when they have an accident "Serves you right prick".

But wait, things are about to get worse. Have you seen the new E-Bikes? I live in a mountain town where biking is everywhere but now we have the damned E-Bikes which are bikes with electric motors and allow the bike to move up to 35 mph on level ground. Problem is, the majority of the people driving these are jackasses. Had one weaving in and out of the bike lane, into the regular lane, back and forth, no one would pass him as they were afraid of hitting him. So we get up to a light (I said screw it, I passed him) and here comes Mr. Jackass between the cars and just blows through the red light almost hitting a pedestrian in the crosswalk and almost getting nailed by a car.

I guess there are a lot of people with death wishes out there.

8 hours ago, reids said:

Order something from a company, they forget to put your name and address on the package... then spending the day trying to track down the delivery before it gets returned to sender. 

R😎

A CD I ordered was estimated to get here August 6th. It's been stuck in Compton since August 10th. The tracking is useless.

I hate it when a commercial comes on the TV and it is in Spanish.  I think like WTF???????   The show I was watching is in English, I only speak English. there aren't any Spanish speaking people in my living room.  But suddenly, between the 2nd act and the finally of the TV show like I give a damn about some product being advertised in Spanish.

Who makes a decision like that to broadcast that shit?  If anyone was watching the TV show in English, then clearly the fucking commercial selling dish soap, or lady part napkins could be in English too.

I must've rubbed You Tube the wrong way as I can't post or reply now. I was only expressing my opinion about what I'd like to do to some of the rioters (along with thousands of other posters). Why pick on me? My great wit is their loss. 😁 Fuck 'em.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

I must've rubbed You Tube the wrong way as I can't post or reply now. I was only expressing my opinion about what I'd like to do to some of the rioters (along with thousands of other posters). Why pick on me? My great wit is their loss. 😁 Fuck 'em.

tenor.gif?itemid=15723337

6 hours ago, redrum said:

A CD I ordered was estimated to get here August 6th. It's been stuck in Compton since August 10th. The tracking is useless.

I ordered a guitar pedal from Reverb (through a company in Russia back in May). It’s still not here yet. It only showed up two days ago at JFK Airport (NY) then was shipped over to Chicago (further away from Atlanta), so now we wait some more. I was hoping to use that effects pedal 3+ months ago to record a new album of atmospheric sounds while I had some down time. Oh, and others bought the same pedal since and have already received theirs.

Ugh 😩😞😡

R😎 

Edited by reids

9 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

But wait, things are about to get worse. Have you seen the new E-Bikes? I live in a mountain town where biking is everywhere but now we have the damned E-Bikes which are bikes with electric motors and allow the bike to move up to 35 mph on level ground. Problem is, the majority of the people driving these are jackasses. Had one weaving in and out of the bike lane, into the regular lane, back and forth, no one would pass him as they were afraid of hitting him. So we get up to a light (I said screw it, I passed him) and here comes Mr. Jackass between the cars and just blows through the red light almost hitting a pedestrian in the crosswalk and almost getting nailed by a car.

I guess there are a lot of people with death wishes out there.

There are a few of those things around where I live,  One really has to look out for them particularly at junctions, here comes a pushbike, I have time to pull out, no wait it's an e-bike, a quick glance will no longer do. There was one woman I would see regularly taking my wife to work speeding along without a care in the world, one winters day on my way home I could see in the distance she's  lying at the side of the road bike a little away from her, must have skidded on black ice (I didn't stop, somebody was there phone to ear presumably calling an ambo), she is now back to riding a normal pushbike. Dangerous things, my wife considered buying one once, I talked her out of it.

The destruction of the English language and in particular the disappearing of accents.

Just like @JTM the way in which a phone in caller or in general, the word "sutuv" It is "sort of" you tossers. "Celebs" or people who move from, generally the north, drop their unique accent and speak with a bland non accent. Book becomes Booke. Look become Looke. and so on. 

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

The destruction of the English language and in particular the disappearing of accents.

Just like @JTM the way in which a phone in caller or in general, the word "sutuv" It is "sort of" you tossers. "Celebs" or people who move from, generally the north, drop their unique accent and speak with a bland non accent. Book becomes Booke. Look become Looke. and so on. 

How about Ebonics?

9 hours ago, reids said:

I ordered a guitar pedal from Reverb (through a company in Russia back in May). It’s still not here yet. It only showed up two days ago at JFK Airport (NY) then was shipped over to Chicago (further away from Atlanta), so now we wait some more. I was hoping to use that effects pedal 3+ months ago to record a new album of atmospheric sounds while I had some down time. Oh, and others bought the same pedal since and have already received theirs.

Ugh 😩😞😡

R😎 

I'm guessing it's the China virus causing all this delay. Now mine is supposed to be here Aug. 24th or 25th, and it's only in Illinois. Figure that one out.

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

I can bring up my Virginia accent at the drop of a hat. Ya' heah?

You're at a 4 way stop sign and the guy (or gal) on the left (or right) pulls out. It's your turn to go, but the motherfucker behind the guy (or gal) who just pulled out pulls out right behind him (or her). It happened to me yesterday and the prick acted like he didn't do anything wrong. Motherfucker. And they wonder why there's road rage.