Robert Plant and Steve Winwood, live at Northleach Church, England 04/04/2014

On Friday the 4th of April 2014, Robert Plant played an unannounced show at Northleach Church in Gloucestershire. Close to Steve Winwood's home in the Cotswolds, Robert joined him to play some songs at the annual gospel concert: From The Heart. The proceeds of the show went to The Children's Society, Christian Aid and Open Door. Tickets cost £10 on the door. After the show, Robert Plant went to the local pub, which was packed out.

Known songs played:

Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down

Nobody's Fault But Mine (with Steve Winwood)

Twelve Gates To The City (includes several lines of In My Time Of Dying)

Videos:

Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down (Part)

Satan, Your Kingdom Must Come Down (Full audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WeCFXTufU8

Nobody's Fault But Mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkyvDNpGshk

Twelve Gates To The City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlbWHJo_Wc

post-20091-0-89510700-1396826949_thumb.j

post-20091-0-32154800-1396826951_thumb.j

post-20091-0-89973300-1396826952_thumb.j

post-20091-0-43792800-1396826954_thumb.j

post-20091-0-89188000-1396826955_thumb.j

post-20091-0-30012800-1396826957_thumb.j

post-20091-0-73836700-1396826958_thumb.j

Edited by Cookie0024

I was there as well. A very special evening.

Great stuff, did Robert play any other songs than the ones listed above? Also, your photos show the church in daytime, some of the other pics show Robert at night with his hair down, I take it it was a long evening?

Cookie0024 Hi :) I live just outside Northleach & 'locals' had a heads up that Mr Plant might be playing.

So with this in mind I went to the venue at 5 o'clock in the afternoon to try and watch rehearsals. I was allowed

in the church and so had a complete private viewing before the gig kicked off at 8 o'clock. Mr Plant had his hair tied up

during the rehearsals and down for his performance. I feel very privileged to have been there.

Cookie0024 Hi :) I live just outside Northleach & 'locals' had a heads up that Mr Plant might be playing.

So with this in mind I went to the venue at 5 o'clock in the afternoon to try and watch rehearsals. I was allowed

in the church and so had a complete private viewing before the gig kicked off at 8 o'clock. Mr Plant had his hair tied up

during the rehearsals and down for his performance. I feel very privileged to have been there.

Hi! Thanks for answering, that's really cool that you had a private performance of Robert Plant and Steve Winwood performing in a rural church, what a fantastic gig!

Think it was actually Abby Brant, the keyboard player on 12 Gates. I liked the songs that Mary Jess and her mom did as well though. Very impressed.

That figures, Abby seems to play on Satan and Twelve Gates also.

Hi--The Girl Singer was ABBEY BRANT--who is also the Keyboard player that Steve Winwood drafted in to accompany him on few occassions--She is also in BEV BEVANS BAND and BEVS BAND --THE MOVE who are touring round the UK at moment--very talent young girl instrument wise--brilliant singer also songwriter---was in BACK IN THE BAND group along with her Dad for many years--Dan Reddington-Records

Hi--The Girl Singer was ABBEY BRANT--who is also the Keyboard player that Steve Winwood drafted in to accompany him on few occassions--She is also in BEV BEVANS BAND and BEVS BAND --THE MOVE who are touring round the UK at moment--very talent young girl instrument wise--brilliant singer also songwriter---was in BACK IN THE BAND group along with her Dad for many years--Dan Reddington-Records

Thanks very much for clearing this up, she's a very talented singer. Great to see people from the show joining this forum :)

^^ Cookie, many thanks for this. I saw this video below last week and could not figure out as nothing had been announced...now I get it. Thanks for the photos and videos and glad a few of you got to attend. I would love to see Jonesy, Robert or Jimmy in a small intimate venue like this. To make it even better for such a great cause :peace:

^^In rehearsal for the Nothleach gig on april 4th with Steve Winwood and Robert Plant, should be a good one.

Looks like they went to The Red Lion afterwards - link to article attached;-)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/video-robert-plant-stevie-winwood-6929390

Edited by Deborah J

• 7 years later...