White Summer, 7" vinyl

stevo

Tucked inside the Yardbirds 2014 RSD vinyl release sounds i heard. Crisp clear powerful one sided seven inch single. cleaned up 1968 BBC recording. NEW JIMMY PAGE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had this as a 7" single. And a few new too me Yardbirds Live tracks on the 12"vinyl LP. $38.00 bucks.

Has this version been release before, e.g. on CD?

I believe it was released on the 2003 reissue of Little Games, if not the 1997 BBC Sessions CD...or maybe the compilation Radio Tymes. I know I have it on at least one disc.

I believe it was released on the 2003 reissue of Little Games, if not the 1997 BBC Sessions CD...or maybe the compilation Radio Tymes. I know I have it on at least one disc.

It is a bonus track on the Japanese reissue of Little Games, of which I own.

It is a bonus track on the Japanese reissue of Little Games, of which I own.

I can't recall whether or not there was only one or if there were two sessions of "White Summer."

I have to recommend that compilation (also featuring some Deep Purple and Hendrix BBC sessions, among others) as having the best sounding "White Summer" and "Dazed and Confused" sessions I've heard.

It was first released on the 2003 re-issue of Little Games, but the sound quality was horrible.

Then, in 2011 it was released on the Radio Tymes compilation with very good sound quality.

Later in 2011 it was included on the Glimpses boxed set, with the same sound quality as the Radio Tymes CD.

Yes there is a version on the 2003 Little Games but it is not the same as on the clip posted here, Peel's outro on the CD is different from the one posted here. It could of course had more than one broadcast. The CD version sounds like it is taken from an AM recording, the one here is much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Tucked inside the Yardbirds 2014 RSD vinyl release sounds i heard. Crisp clear powerful one sided seven inch single. cleaned up 1968 BBC recording. NEW JIMMY PAGE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had this as a 7" single. And a few new too me Yardbirds Live tracks on the 12"vinyl LP. $38.00 bucks.

Yeah, the Yardbirds "Sounds I Heard" was unfortunately sold out by the time we got in. Only "Little Games" was left of the three Jimmy Page-related RSD releases.

sounds_i_heard.jpg

Archived