POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

They didn't play a single Zep song on that tour? No Stairway instrumental? I'm surprised.

JP did some on the Outrider tour- the band played Over the Hills and Far Away (maybe a couple others - I forget). and as an encore, JP played an instrumental of Stairway. It was very cool.

An article appeared 2 days ago in The (London) Times that says that venues are being held open in the U.S. in the hopes that Mr. Plant will change his mind:

Promoters offer whole lotta loot to lure Led Zeppelin back on stage

Led Zeppelin could earn well over £100 million if the hard-rock band went on tour next year in the wake of Monday’s triumphant reunion gig. The band are being pursued with offers from both Live Nation and AEG, the rival concert promoters, with each structuring bids in the form of a large upfront payment to lure the band to their venues.

One source said that “AEG put a bid in on the night” - although that could not be confirmed independently – but intense demand, as already seen for Monday’s gig, would probably make a Zeppelin reunion the most sought-after ticket in 2008.

The reluctance of Robert Plant, the lead singer, still makes a tour far from certain, although the three other band members are believed to be willing to go ahead. Venues in America have been held open in the hope that Plant will say yes.

It is likely that the four-piece band would be able at least to match the estimated $212 million grossed by The Police for their reunion this year, according to figures compiled by Billboard, the industry magazine.

Link to complete article here

no tour for at least 18 months plant got other commitments so if u went to o2 like i did thats it im glad i went

I was one of the lucky few to see Led Zeppelin at the O2. The last time I saw them was in 1977 at Tampa's Sombrero and they played only 4 songs before the crowd rioted after the cops came on stage. This was worth the 30 years wait! By far the best show I have ever been to.

I would like to make a plea to Robert Plant to consider doing some more shows especially in the US. LZ already has their legacy with my generation (boomers) and many others but I think a whole new generation that has grown up on the music pablum from American Idol (Clay Aiken??), Brittany (sp) Spears, terrible hip hop, etc. would embrace this music just as my generation did.

My 22 year old son has been turned onto Led Zeppelin recently and listens to nothing else now. A Led Zeppelin tour would reinvigorate a stagnant music industry and show a whole generation and demographic what great rock and roll music is all about.

LZ was the soundtrack to my generation and can be for the current and future generations. Just something to consider.

Thanks for a great show and providing me with endless hours of enjoyment and memories.

are there a list of "if" dates somewhere?

it was in someone's tag line on here....it had all the "unconfirmed" after most dates but usually where there's smoke there's fire...i can not find the perosn's tagline again.

WONDER IF THIS IS TRUE?

JUST OUT-

Led Zeppelin to headline Bonnaroo

BANG Showbiz

Dec. 31, 2007 08:56 AM

Led Zeppelin will headline a US rock festival next year.

The legendary band will perform at Tennessee's Bonnaroo festival in June 2008 after lead singer Robert Plant had a "change of heart" over the decision to follow up their comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month with further dates.

A source said, "They are going to play the Bonnaroo festival, which runs from June 12 to 15. This news will drive their fans absolutely wild.

"They have been bombarding their Website to get back together for good but only lead singer Robert Plant wasn't keen to commit.

"Now he's had a change of heart and if it all goes well they are also talking about touring."

It has been rumored that 2008 will see the band embark on a world tour that could net them in the region of £1 billion. Members include bassist John Paul Jones and guitarist Jimmy Page, with late drummer John Bonham' s son Jason on drums.

The source added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, "All ticket sellers have been told a world tour will take place, there's just some ironing out of contracts to be done. They are already talking about playing venues like Knebworth, Glastonbury and even returning to Madison Square Garden in New York where they played their legendary shows in 1973.

"They were looking to do it in March but now it will most likely be May. With ticket sales combined with merchandising it could make them as much as £1 billion ($US1.9 billion)."

Post a Comment

This is a public comment zone. Readers are solely responsible for the content of their posts and must comply with our Terms of Service and Rules of Engagement. Report offensive content by clicking

WONDER IF THIS IS TRUE?

JUST OUT-

Led Zeppelin to headline Bonnaroo

BANG Showbiz

Dec. 31, 2007 08:56 AM

Led Zeppelin will headline a US rock festival next year.

The legendary band will perform at Tennessee's Bonnaroo festival in June 2008 after lead singer Robert Plant had a "change of heart" over the decision to follow up their comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month with further dates.

A source said, "They are going to play the Bonnaroo festival, which runs from June 12 to 15. This news will drive their fans absolutely wild.

"They have been bombarding their Website to get back together for good but only lead singer Robert Plant wasn't keen to commit.

"Now he's had a change of heart and if it all goes well they are also talking about touring."

It has been rumored that 2008 will see the band embark on a world tour that could net them in the region of £1 billion. Members include bassist John Paul Jones and guitarist Jimmy Page, with late drummer John Bonham' s son Jason on drums.

The source added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper, "All ticket sellers have been told a world tour will take place, there's just some ironing out of contracts to be done. They are already talking about playing venues like Knebworth, Glastonbury and even returning to Madison Square Garden in New York where they played their legendary shows in 1973.

"They were looking to do it in March but now it will most likely be May. With ticket sales combined with merchandising it could make them as much as £1 billion ($US1.9 billion)."

Post a Comment

This is a public comment zone. Readers are solely responsible for the content of their posts and must comply with our Terms of Service and Rules of Engagement. Report offensive content by clicking

august 5 at the united center in chicago ,illinois back at the ambasador west jimmy

Nothing to do with Bonnaroo, but I'm just looking at your "unconfirmed" list for Plant/Krauss, and the order of dates doesn't make sense--they'd be flying back and forth across the Atlantic from Russia to NY, to Utah, back to Poland, then to Florida . . . And they start by going a few miles from Glastonbury to Cardiff by way of Argentina and Tennessee! Maybe that's why they're unconfirmed. :lol:

Nothing to do with Bonnaroo, but I'm just looking at your "unconfirmed" list for Plant/Krauss, and the order of dates doesn't make sense--they'd be flying back and forth across the Atlantic from Russia to NY, to Utah, back to Poland, then to Florida . . . And they start by going a few miles from Glastonbury to Cardiff by way of Argentina and Tennessee! Maybe that's why they're unconfirmed. :lol:

Nevermind how exhausting the flying would be, I'm tired just reading about that :o:lol:

:lol:

What a long, strange trip it's been.

I was a tour mgr for a band in the ststes for close to 10 years.....it hardly ever makes sence...you try and make it work the best you can....and once you're at the level of being able to afford small private jets, it really does'nt matter.

BTW, Sirius Satellite radio said Plant/Krauss are confirmed for Bonneroo. Not that that makes it set in stone.

I was a tour mgr for a band in the ststes for close to 10 years.....it hardly ever makes sence...you try and make it work the best you can....and once you're at the level of being able to afford small private jets, it really does'nt matter.

BTW, Sirius Satellite radio said Plant/Krauss are confirmed for Bonneroo. Not that that makes it set in stone.

Robert hasn't used small private jets for years though. Which doesn't mean he won't this time, I suppose.

http://www.gigwise.com/news?contentid=39680

To ditch Jason after the O2 show would be disgraceful, and I dont believe that it would happen. Even though Dave would be great, if Zeppelin tour its got to be Jason on the kit. It wouldnt be right if it wasnt, for me.

wow, that's ridiculous. a slap in the face to Jason AND John. Dave's great, but come on...

I can't see the band letting anybody but Jason behind the kit. As much as I am a fan of Dave as a musician and a person, there is no need for him to take Jason's place. It doesn't seem right.

Mind you that article also strikes me as B.S. media spin.

As the time old saying goes; If it ain't broke.......etc

personally I think Michael Lee is a much better drummer than Jason Bonham, I'd prefer to see him tour with the band than Grohl and Bonham, purely on the basis of ability

contraversial I know, correct too.

Archived