POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Whitesnake expects invitation from Led Zeppelin

Sunday, May 11, 2008 16:32 [iST]

London: Music group Whitesnake are confident that they will be invited by legendary rock band Led Zeppelin to join them on a world tour.The Zeppelin tour has been eagerly awaited ever since they performed a one-off gig in London last December, contactmusic.com reports.

Said David Coverdale, lead singer of Whitesnake: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy (Page, Led Zeppelin guitarist) any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on a world tour. Am I on board? You bet! It's probably worth billions."

Coverdale also thinks Zeppelin will be much better than the Rolling Stones in concert.

He added: "Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones World Tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible." source

Suchs and I was hoping Coverdale would provide supporting vocals

Whitesnake expects invitation from Led Zeppelin

Sunday, May 11, 2008 16:32 [iST]

London: Music group Whitesnake are confident that they will be invited by legendary rock band Led Zeppelin to join them on a world tour.The Zeppelin tour has been eagerly awaited ever since they performed a one-off gig in London last December, contactmusic.com reports.

Said David Coverdale, lead singer of Whitesnake: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy (Page, Led Zeppelin guitarist) any day asking my band Whitesnake to support them on a world tour. Am I on board? You bet! It's probably worth billions."

Coverdale also thinks Zeppelin will be much better than the Rolling Stones in concert.

He added: "Unlike rolling out the wheelchairs with the umpteenth Rolling Stones World Tour, a Led Zeppelin tour will be incredible." source

Lie.

I would like to see bands other than WhiteSnake as supporting acts.

I would book the folling bands for the New LZ Tour:

Opening the evening:

The White Stripes

Next Up:

NIN

Thereafter:

STP

Then, the moment we've all been so impatiently waiting for ......

LED 'EFFING ZEPPELIN!

Opening the evening:

The White Stripes

Next Up:

NIN

Thereafter:

STP

LED 'EFFING ZEPPELIN!

I wouldnt care if George Carlin opened for them. Seeing them would be well worth it. I dont know if Id want to be the opening band. They may be treated kind of unfairly by the crowd. Like, "finish already and bring on Zeppelin".

I wouldnt care if George Carlin opened for them. Seeing them would be well worth it. I dont know if Id want to be the opening band. They may be treated kind of unfairly by the crowd. Like, "finish already and bring on Zeppelin".

Who in their right mind would want to open for Zeppelin??? I doubt they would have an opening act anyway, if it ever happens. (fingers crossed)

Opening the evening:

The White Stripes

Next Up:

NIN

Thereafter:

STP

LED 'EFFING ZEPPELIN!

Interesting thought. How about Trent Reznor narrating selected passages from Burroughs "Naked Lunch" over an industrial backing?

Oh what a surprize. lol. Coverdale is now denying the report and is wondering where the info came from. It was reported in the UK first according to Yahoo so it looks like there is some more idiots running around with a habit of wanting to trick us Zepp fans again. When will it stop?

Oh what a surprize. lol. Coverdale is now denying the report and is wondering where the info came from. It was reported in the UK first according to Yahoo so it looks like there is some more idiots running around with a habit of wanting to trick us Zepp fans again. When will it stop?

Never.

My thing is...until or unless the band or their reps make an official announcement, take these stories w/a grain of salt.

I am working on the tour from my basement.

I'm playing a Gretsch Semi-Hollow with a Bigby in this Video:

I'm playing a Les Paul Studio Wine-Red in this video:

And an Alexis Acoustic that I bought off an old man, out of the back of his truck @ the Arkansas/Missouri border:

B)

I am working on the tour from my basement.

I'm playing a Gretsch Semi-Hollow with a Bigby in this Video:

I'm playing a Les Paul Studio Wine-Red in this video:

And an Alexis Acoustic that I bought off an old man, out of the back of his truck @ the Arkansas/Missouri border:

B)

Hello Fellow Sheepdog!

Thank you for serving!

Anyway, take a look at this performance!!! This chick ROCKS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlsEjf0YlAo&NR=1

:D

I just saw Foreigner last night, and guess who WASN'T playing drums? Maybe Jason Bonham is in London practicing for the Led Zeppelin World Tour 2008?

Well the tour rumours never stop. Last week it was whitesnake. Now undisclosed sources have promted Yahoo alerts to send me a message saying 4 dates are in the works for Led Zeppelin in 2008. I am a firm believer that there SHALL be another tour. But when and where and all of that is the big question.

Was there an official denial?

Well the people who own the venue said they didnt know anything, thats pretty much a full denial. IF there is a tour I reckon '09, its more realistic than this summer when Plant will have just finished an extensive tour with AK, I'm sure he'd like a rest!

Archived