POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Primary Navigation

HomeU.S.BusinessWorldEntertainmentSportsTechPoliticsElectionsScienceHealthMost Popular

Secondary Navigation

Entertainment Video Movies Music TV Reviews Books Celebrity Arts Fashion Dear Abby Dear Margo Humor Search: All News Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Led Zeppelin currently 'considering tour' courtesy of NME.com

Tue Dec 18, 7:00 AM ET

Led Zeppelin are currently "considering a tour," according to sources at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium in Wales, which is attempting to book the band for the venue.

Welsh Rugby Union chief executive Roger Lewis, who is involved with the stadium and is a friend of Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, told the Wales On Sunday that venue officials were talking to Harvey Goldsmith, the band's promoter, about the possible gig.

"Initially Harvey said they were only going to do a one-off gig, but now they are considering a tour," Lewis explained.

"We [the Millennium Stadium] are the only stadium in Britain with a retractable roof and we can guarantee a perfect event for 70,000 people. There's nowhere else in the country that can do that."

For more on Led Zeppelin, check out their NME.com page.

Email Story IM Story Printable View RECOMMEND THIS STORY

Recommend It:

Average (1 vote)

» Recommended Stories

Entertainment News

Alice Walker placing lit papers at Emory AP Dan Nelson gets to rock out with Anthrax AP Douglas is NBC `Nightly News' announcer AP Peter Jackson to produce `The Hobbit' AP Amy Winehouse arrested in husband's case AP Most Viewed: Entertainment

Amy Winehouse arrested in husband's case AP When His Past Is the Gift That Keeps On Giving Dear Margo Don't Let the Ex Isolate the Kids Dear Margo Winehouse reportedly arrested in Britain AP Alice Walker placing lit papers at Emory AP Entertainment Video

Britney video takes shots at paparazzi, media AP - Tue Dec 18, 11:02 AM ET WGA Will Not Write For Awards Shows CBS 2 / KCAL 9 Los Angeles - Tue Dec 18, 9:10 AM ET Diana wanted marriage 'like a face rash' Australia 7 News - Tue Dec 18, 1:42 AM ET Cage, Harris premiere 'National Treasure' sequel AP - Mon Dec 17, 2:24 PM ET

Sponsored Links( What's this? )

Great Wolf Lodge®

A 91,000 square-foot indoor entertainment area and waterpark.

www.greatwolf.com Biltmore in Asheville, NC

Bring Your Family this Holiday Season to America's Largest Home.

www.Biltmore.com led zeppelin autograph

Great prices on all your autographed needs. Framed albums, photos ect.

www.rockingems.com Entertainment Video

Britney video takes shots at paparazzi, media

AP

WGA Will Not Write For Awards Shows

CBS 2 / KCAL 9 Los Angeles

» All news video

Elsewhere on the Web

CNN.com: Jimmy Kimmel returning to air

ABC News: Will MTV's Tila Tequila Choose Boy or Girl?

USATODAY.com: 'Love+Sex with Robots': Our future?

ADVERTISEMENT

USA TODAY Blog

Pop Candy

Whitney Matheson blogs on showbiz.

» Entertainment on USATodayUSA TODAY

Celeb Watch

USATODAY's reporter goes face-to-face with a star.

NEWS ALERTS

Get an alert when there are new stories about:

Millennium Stadium

Wales On Sunday

Led Zeppelin

Welsh Rugby Union

Cardiff

» More alerts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yahoo! - My Yahoo! - Mail

Search: All News Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced

Primary Navigation

Home U.S Business World Entertainment Sports Tech Politics Science Health Travel Most Popular Odd News Opinion

Copyright © 2007 LAUNCH.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

Questions or Comments

Privacy Policy -Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Ad Feedback

This type of thread is a perfect thing. PLEASE, I implore if you find another story put it here. I hate having to sift through 40 threads of drivel a night with people putting up the same weeks' old stories filled with innuendo and guessing from stadium people or concert promoters. And if the mods could blend the existing ones into this one, that would certainly clean up the board a bit.

ok......tho i deleted the initial one i saw in the New Wales.co

here's one form Yahoo.

Led Zeppelin

News

Led Zeppelin currently 'considering tour'

12/18/2007 3:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

courtesy of NME.com

Led Zeppelin are currently "considering a tour," according to sources at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium in Wales, which is attempting to book the band for the venue.

Here's a link that has a reunion video 2007

http://ko.wordpress.com/tag/jason-bonham/

Welsh Rugby Union chief executive Roger Lewis, who is involved with the stadium and is a friend of Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, told the Wales On Sunday that venue officials were talking to Harvey Goldsmith, the band's promoter, about the possible gig.

"Initially Harvey said they were only going to do a one-off gig, but now they are considering a tour," Lewis explained.

We [the Millennium Stadium] are the only stadium in Britain with a retractable roof and we can guarantee a perfect event for 70,000 people. There's nowhere else in the country that can do that."

Something else from NME (who pinched it from elsewhere, natch):

Jason Bonham, who joined Led Zeppelin on drums for their recent reunion show has been speaking about the possibility of more shows.

Bonham, the son of original Zeppelin sticksman John Bonham said that as the “new guy”, he’s unaware of any plans to tour again.

"There's been no talks except to Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant) and John Paul (Jones), just to say thanks for the best Christmas present I could ask for,” Bonham told Billboard.

He went on to say: “If they do it again, of course I would love to. But that's up to them. Only time will tell. If you'd have asked me a year ago, 'Are they gonna do a date next year?,' I'd have gone, 'No way!' So I was proved wrong once before."

For what it's worth:

Daily Star

WEDNESDAY, DEC 19, 2007

LED ZEP PLAN MEGASHOW 2

LED Zeppelin will definitely be touring next year and are planning a massive show at the Millennium Stadium.

But the rock legends are waiting for all the fuss surrounding their reunion to die down before announcing dates. Robert Plant, 59, Jimmy Page, 63, and John Paul Jones, 61, were thrilled with the reaction to their one-off show at London’s O2 Arena last week but won’t play again until the second half of 2008.

My source close to the Zep said: “Robert was overwhelmed by the attention but he wants the fuss to die down before doing more stuff with the band. It’ll be towards the end of the year now.”

Talks

Despite Plant announcing a separate solo tour with Alison Krauss, 36, the reformed rockers are

looking at doing a series of major gigs across the world including at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium.

Venue bosses have admitted they are in talks with the band’s management about performing next year. Welsh Rugby Union main man Roger Lewis, who is pals with bassist Jones, said: “We would love to welcome Led Zeppelin and we have already put in a request to Harvey Goldsmith (the band’s promoter).

“Initially, Harvey said they were only going to do a one-off gig but now they are considering a tour.”

While further dates at Wembley Stadium and New York’s Madison Square Gardens are also rumoured, the Millennium Stadium is the band’s favourite venue because of its famous roof.

Lewis added: “We are the only stadium in Britain with a retractable roof and we can guarantee a perfect event for 70,000 people.”

We had to wait a long time for them to rock and roll, so we can surely wait a few months for the full tour.

Kim Dawson of the Daily Star somehow doesn't strike me as the sort of person that's likely to have anything exclusive on Zeppelin - she probably hadn't a clue who they were until lately.

It's funny how things get turned around - the owners of Cardiff's Millennium Stadium were daft enough to admit to a local paper that they've enquired about the possibility of Zeppelin going there. Next thing you know everyone's reporting that Zeppelin look set to play that venue, while it's highly likely that they haven't even discussed touring yet.

Kim Dawson of the Daily Star somehow doesn't strike me as the sort of person that's likely to have anything exclusive on Zeppelin - she probably hadn't a clue who they were until lately.

It's funny how things get turned around - the owners of Cardiff's Millennium Stadium were daft enough to admit to a local paper that they've enquired about the possibility of Zeppelin going there. Next thing you know everyone's reporting that Zeppelin look set to play that venue, while it's highly likely that they haven't even discussed touring yet.

I have stated many times over the last 6 or 7 months that there would be no way a tour would follow the 02 gig under the name Led Zeppelin.

I was wrong. Give it time. It is going to happen.

I have stated many times over the last 6 or 7 months that there would be no way a tour would follow the 02 gig under the name Led Zeppelin.

I was wrong. Give it time. It is going to happen.

MrZoso, same here 6 mos ago or even 6 weeks ago i'd say no way.....now just maybe

even if it's a few concerts at major venues.

United Press Intl

Bonham says Led Zep reunion was 'surreal'

Published: Dec. 19, 2007 at 8:33 AM

Print story Email to a friend Font size:LONDON, Dec. 19 (UPI) -- Jason Bonham was still buzzing about the Led Zeppelin reunion show in London a week and a half after the concert.

Bonham sat in for his late father, founding Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, at the show, which marked the group's first public appearance in 19 years. The performance was part of a tribute to the late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who signed Led Zeppelin to its recording contract.

"It still ... kind of feels surreal, like it never really happened in some way," said Bonham, who's regular gig is playing drums for Foreigner. "If you'd have wanted a moment for everyone to get it right at one point, that was it. It's very, very special for me."

Led Zeppelin has only played three times since the elder Bonham's death in 1980 -- at the 1985 Live Aid concert in Philadelphia, at the 1988 Atlantic Records 40th anniversary concert and at the private Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 1995.

Despite myriad rumors about more shows, Bonham said that, "I wouldn't know. ... Only time will tell."

yeah something is going to come down with the band touring. A friend of mine who works at dolphin stadium here in miami says there is a open date sometime in july and they can't find out why or who the date is for. He asked his boss and his boss said they were not allowed to talk about it. He said this has never happened before and the date was booked after the zep concert reunion. Who knows guess we will just have to wait and see. If I hear anything I will post here as soon as possible.

It's true that there are rumours, yes. This report smells of BS - I'm not saying there won't be a tour but I cannot for the life of me imagine Robert commiting to 18 months though. They certainly won't kick things off at Glastonbury, which falls in the middle of Robert & Alison's tour. :rolleyes:

It's true that there are rumours, yes. This report smells of BS - I'm not saying there won't be a tour but I cannot for the life of me imagine Robert commiting to 18 months though. They certainly won't kick things off at Glastonbury, which falls in the middle of Robert & Alison's tour. :rolleyes:

All I know is I didn't write it and they may not wanna say anything "officially," until all the bugs are worked out. Have faith ohhhhhh Zeppie fan, this could be good news. If not it will hit the wires as that last one did.

its probally the more logical choise and i think that it was a givin that if anything was planned to happen it would happen after RP is done with krauss.

We just have to wait and see. Its like holding a lottery ticket but the numbers are never drawn.

its probally the more logical choise and i think that it was a givin that if anything was planned to happen it would happen after RP is done with krauss.

We just have to wait and see. Its like holding a lottery ticket but the numbers are never drawn.

another rumor with supposed Jason quote:

Moldova.org, Thu, 20 Dec 2007 7:58 AM PST

Led Zeppelin to headline Glastonbury

http://music.moldova.org/stiri/eng/82403/

Led Zeppelin are to headline next year's Glastonbury Festival. The

legendary rock group - who played a sensational comeback concert at

London's O2 arena earlier this month - will take to the stage for the

world-famous musical extravaganza, in Somerset, England, before embarking on

an 18-month world tour. A source close to the band - Robert Plant,

Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and drummer Jason ...

Well,

All of you can be whistling dixie. However I said they would get together in the past and all the pessimists disagreed. AFAIK it's official and that's that. It will take time to work things up after all, the O2 show went like clockwork, they were happy with it and the fans are all like "Let that f**cking Genie back out of the bottle."

Now I cross my fingers lol. I will assure you I wasn't playing a prank.

Shadow

"YEAAAAAHHHHH BASH."

I am clearly aware this is a LZ forum, but if this is true http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/concert-date...concerts-2.html maybe if LZ sees Pink Floyd doing a Tour and racking in the Money and Having a great time they will as well. Now yes i can see there are only two shows announced for PF but it could be a good start for a interesting summer where we put out big money to see both PF and LZ....

Archived