POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Will see if this winds up panning out. The source of this was I believe World Entertainment News Network via Yahoo News UK/Ireland. That was also where the Ahmet Tribute show reunion rumours started from back in June and we know what happened with that. The site may be legit for info. Who knows. Won't believe it til it comes from the band themselves. I was reading somewhere else that the band is waiting for everything to settle after the O2 show before they announce anything. Robert and Alison still have to announce their U.S. tour dates as well. Originally we heard that the U.S portion of the RP/AK tour would start in April and now maybe after Europe in June. Not sure.

It's incredible the amount of money they could rake in.... and the 02 show was a charity event... I think it would be great if they did a tour where each show gave to a different organization.

Or what if they did a (RED) Tour!

It could be Led Zeppelin TOU(RED)

It would match the Mothership artwork quite well.

I think it's an awesome idea myself.. What do you all think?

That's brilliant ATKH...and clever. I give it two thumbs up :thumbsup:

From none other than HollyScoop.com (I guess more and more info comes out with this 18 month thing)

if true....................... oh yeah......oooh ooh yeah!!! I know, too soon to celebrate or worry about how to get tickets before they sell out in 5 mins...all 18 months of them! that is if it's true of course only time will tell.

----------------------------------------------------------

Led Zeppelin Tour Rumors Are True

December 20, 2007

It's the year of the comebacks! First the Spice Girls, then the Jackson 5 and now Led Zeppelin.

They had a one off concert earlier this month and it went really well so the surviving band members are looking at putting together a 18-month world tour extravaganza later next year (08).

The pal tells the Daily Express, "It will kick off at next year's Glastonbury after Robert Plant has finished touring with American country star Alison Krauss.

"Plant and Krauss have a new album out right now and he is committed to that for the next couple of months at least."

Zeppelin fans couldn't be more excited as the band hasn't been on stage since the 80's, well besides the one concert on Dec 10. But, that's the concert that got the tour talks on the way.

end.

i think they should have left out comparing to spice girls or jackson 5 comebacks yikes...more like the Police and David Gilmour maybe....

also notice the Enquirer like "the pal tells.."

:rolleyes:

Like Jason said "Fans shouldn't be so greedy, they should be happy that one show was done, if they do another it would be great." We must remember these men have to schedule planes, appointments with personal assistants, do legal sigs and more. It isn't uncommon to have someone release a bit of news to calm the tide. And if your a dedicated fan like myself you know the email servers, forums, blogs, rock rags and all are literally tossing sparks about the news at this point. I pray they will do some shows where that auction thingy isn't involved. You can bet your shiney fanny I will be at one or more of these. I am like everyone else I don't trust eBay on something like this, or really just the people doing it. Sure some people got tics, buuut we don't know how many were scammed either ;-)

Shadow

Will see if this winds up panning out. The source of this was I believe World Entertainment News Network via Yahoo News UK/Ireland. That was also where the Ahmet Tribute show reunion rumours started from back in June and we know what happened with that. The site may be legit for info. Who knows. Won't believe it til it comes from the band themselves. I was reading somewhere else that the band is waiting for everything to settle after the O2 show before they announce anything. Robert and Alison still have to announce their U.S. tour dates as well. Originally we heard that the U.S portion of the RP/AK tour would start in April and now maybe after Europe in June. Not sure.

Absolutely! See the world exists for many of us in micro/nanosecs/ However big things and good things come with time, patience trial an error. I hope the Krauss/Plant shows go very very well. Last I saw the album "Raising Sand," was number 7 on USA Country Music charts. Wonder if Plant will take Alison back to the Welsh cottage? Hmmmmmm, boy oh boy ohhhhh boy. She is kinda cute huh? And from what I hear she is pretty down to earth. I for one dont like overly complicated love, relationships. I think it should be free flloating and simple. Well I am rambling..

Toodles...

Shadow

PS That one emoticon bled out and I am cleaning up my keys currently

I was one of the lucky few to see Led Zeppelin at the O2. The last time I saw them was in 1977 at Tampa's Sombrero and they played only 4 songs before the crowd rioted after the cops came on stage. This was worth the 30 years wait! By far the best show I have ever been to.

I would like to make a plea to Robert Plant to consider doing some more shows especially in the US. LZ already has their legacy with my generation (boomers) and many others but I think a whole new generation that has grown up on the music pablum from American Idol (Clay Aiken??), Brittany (sp) Spears, terrible hip hop, etc. would embrace this music just as my generation did.

My 22 year old son has been turned onto Led Zeppelin recently and listens to nothing else now. A Led Zeppelin tour would reinvigorate a stagnant music industry and show a whole generation and demographic what great rock and roll music is all about.

LZ was the soundtrack to my generation and can be for the current and future generations. Just something to consider.

Thanks for a great show and providing me with endless hours of enjoyment and memories.

I'm still curious as to why everyone is shocked as to why plant is touring with kruass for the next few months. he was commited to that project long before zeppelin reunited. so the polite thing to do on plant's behalf is to stick with what he started and then commit to zeppelin after his project with krauss.

either way is fine with me IMO.

no one's twisting anyones arm to tour. if they wanted to they could hold a formal press conference with all of them there to announce that THERE WILL BE NO TOUR and any questions on the matter will be ignored if asked individually. Then continue with their solo projects. That's all it would take. Of course up to the end before George passed everyone still hoped for a Beatles reunion tour....you can't help want fans "greed" for. I say "long for" "hope for" not greed for.

However, it's just my personal feeling that they even had a better time than they thought on 12.10 and it wasn't so much a PIA afterall,,,but exhilerating and hey maybe lets consider a tour. Its up to them and all the pushing and "greedy" fans won't make it happen....only they will.

In show biz it's when the fans don't want to see you or hear you again that you should worry not that everyone is clamoring and hoping for a tour.

no one's twisting anyones arm to tour. if they wanted to they could hold a formal press conference with all of them there to announce that THERE WILL BE NO TOUR and any questions on the matter will be ignored if asked individually. Then continue with their solo projects. That's all it would take. Of course up to the end before George passed everyone still hoped for a Beatles reunion tour....you can't help want fans "greed" for. I say "long for" "hope for" not greed for.

However, it's just my personal feeling that they even had a better time than they thought on 12.10 and it wasn't so much a PIA afterall,,,but exhilerating and hey maybe lets consider a tour. Its up to them and all the pushing and "greedy" fans won't make it happen....only they will.

In show biz it's when the fans don't want to see you or hear you again that you should worry not that everyone is clamoring and hoping for a tour.

agreed.

though it is a little selfish when hundreds of millions of people want to see them and they only put on a show for 20,000.

but then again we were lucky enough to get that.

agreed.

though it is a little selfish when hundreds of millions of people want to see them and they only put on a show for 20,000.

but then again we were lucky enough to get that.

I find these posts totally disrespectful. They play one show in honour of their good friend and they get accused of being selfish for not embarking on a world tour. Who's the selfish one? :rolleyes:

Here's a good one. :lol:

Led Zeppelin Rumors Now Being Started By People Who Are Obviously Tripping

The Idolator

NEW YORK, 4:43 PM, FRI DEC 21

td_group10.jpg

First we had Ian Astbury dropping not-so-subtle hints that Led Zeppelin would be touring, and that their openers would be his band the Cult. And now, even though Robert Plant appears to be booking 2008 with anything but Led Zep dates as fast as he can, it seems crazed fans of Polyphonic Spree/Tripping Daisy main man Tim DeLaughter are claiming that both of their hero's bands would be opening the tour. Ian, can you come out and at least try to help quell this misinformation? Because people are apparently falling for this. And they're also thinking that the tour will be renamed in honor of the reformed Daisies:

The rumor got its legs on the Polyphonic Spree message board where one commenter said that a radio station in Boston quoted an anonymous "Boston area concert promoter" who said that there is a possibility for "Daised and Confused" tour that would join together Led Zeppelin, a reformed Tripping Daisy (with new guitarist) and the Polyphonic Spree. Some fans then recalled that during the Spree's holiday show Tim mentioned taking Tripping Daisy on the road again, though it's unsure if his comment was serious or not.

Well, sure, a Tripping Daisy show or two would be fun. But as for the rest... seriously, Internet. Seriously. "Daised and Confused"? You're gonna fall for that? Because if you're gonna be that gullible, then whoever started this rumor missed a grand opportunity for LOLz when he didn't say that the tour would be called "The Houses Of The Hol-Spree Jaunt 2008."

Here's a good one. :lol:

Led Zeppelin Rumors Now Being Started By People Who Are Obviously Tripping

The Idolator

NEW YORK, 4:43 PM, FRI DEC 21

td_group10.jpg

First we had Ian Astbury dropping not-so-subtle hints that Led Zeppelin would be touring, and that their openers would be his band the Cult. And now, even though Robert Plant appears to be booking 2008 with anything but Led Zep dates as fast as he can, it seems crazed fans of Polyphonic Spree/Tripping Daisy main man Tim DeLaughter are claiming that both of their hero's bands would be opening the tour. Ian, can you come out and at least try to help quell this misinformation? Because people are apparently falling for this. And they're also thinking that the tour will be renamed in honor of the reformed Daisies:

The rumor got its legs on the Polyphonic Spree message board where one commenter said that a radio station in Boston quoted an anonymous "Boston area concert promoter" who said that there is a possibility for "Daised and Confused" tour that would join together Led Zeppelin, a reformed Tripping Daisy (with new guitarist) and the Polyphonic Spree. Some fans then recalled that during the Spree's holiday show Tim mentioned taking Tripping Daisy on the road again, though it's unsure if his comment was serious or not.

Well, sure, a Tripping Daisy show or two would be fun. But as for the rest... seriously, Internet. Seriously. "Daised and Confused"? You're gonna fall for that? Because if you're gonna be that gullible, then whoever started this rumor missed a grand opportunity for LOLz when he didn't say that the tour would be called "The Houses Of The Hol-Spree Jaunt 2008."

I had just read this online Lady Goodman. The Rumor mill is at full crank. Things have to die down soon I hope.

I had just read this online Lady Goodman. The Rumor mill is at full crank. Things have to die down soon I hope.

Hey, if they tour.... they tour. It would be wonderful if they did.

If they choose not to, thats their choice.....

...end of story.

-Mick

It's incredible the amount of money they could rake in.... and the 02 show was a charity event... I think it would be great if they did a tour where each show gave to a different organization.

Or what if they did a (RED) Tour!

It could be Led Zeppelin TOU(RED)

It would match the Mothership artwork quite well.

I think it's an awesome idea myself.. What do you all think?

:wub:

Sometimes what you don't hear says more than what you hear ???

Has an Official Band Member/Rep come out and publicly and said "No Tour Period" ???

In the past The Band has always been quick to publicly squash any Reunion/Tour Rumors the first chance they got and this has not happened yet there has been no comment from anyone close to the band.

I would bet my life that they are at the very least in discussions with each other as to if, when , how and to what extent they are willing to work together again as Led Zepplin.

Note that I did not say I think they are going to Tour only that I think they are discussing their options.

After the Overwhelming Success of the O2 concert there is no doubt they are jazzed about the idea and thinking what if ..........

So I remain positive and hopefull I will see my dream realized before I leave this planet.

RjK

i'm not sure if these messages are trying to convey that LZ think we are being selfish to want to see and hear them or if the fans think it is selfish for them not to tour......either way what a bunch of tripe.

i don't think selfishness is an associated thing with the tour or not to tour thing...selfishness hasn't come up on tours that were fan based tours ie; the Eagles non-ending farewell tour when they really wanted to call it quits, but are still touring. Same goes for Paul McCartney where fans right now are clamoring for a tour to back up the latest CD...but he hasn't announced anything perhaps due to his personal situation....but the word selfishness on fans or artists has never come up before so i find it very strange.

jjezze this is rock n roll...i think they are tough enough to take it and so are the fans.

PS i think what i mean to say as far as from the band's point of view it's business and personal decision...and from a fans point of view it's just that fans (fanatics) wanting to see a group they love...it's a bit of a mania right now because of the 12.10 concert. I didn't expect more than that at the time,,,but some indications show may be different. only time will tell. selfish is not a factor.

As someone said none official has said anything yet, but that silence says alot to me, because if it wasn't gong to happen then Plant or someone would of said nooooooo...but thats my opinion.

I don't think people are being disrespectful by saying whatever, its a forum in a free world, say your thoughts, we might not all agree but please people getting on a high horse, get off, and off topic I know but whats with all the negative beef with STH, its a cracking song, and because Plant doesn't like it alot on here follow suit !! its a wonderful song !! like Smoke on the Water, another classic much maligned but listen to the guitar solo, its peach !!! :)

Archived