POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

deleted

due to below comments....too much room for dissapointment.

i still think they could fit in a few concerts even if RP is touring with Alison K.

I just do not understand how Zeppelin can be so good, so popular, and so respected in the musical world yet continue to deny their fans of their music. As much as I love Zeppelin music, for many years I have felt cheated.

Peter, Robert, Jimmy, Jason - Love the music, respect the band, own all your albums and remasters. So lets just get on with it, TOUR and rock your fans into another dimension.

anolte

Memphis, TN

I just do not understand how Zeppelin can be so good, so popular, and so respected in the musical world yet continue to deny their fans of their music.

Really no amount of time will go by without the fans wanting them to tour. So they are really insatiable. So the idea that they can do a victory lap and all is well, forget it. Give the fans an inch and they will want a mile. That's not necessarily a bad problem to have, believe me, but you're dealing with people who have already experienced superstardom. They do not need to fill any retirement coffers. So it may not matter as much to them anymore.

Unless their aging makes them feel like they should do it just because it's the last time they physically will be able to do it (which Jimmy has alluded to) then they need some other creative motivation (i.e. new music).

Led Zeppelin Planning A World Tour

Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer

London, England (CSN) - Rock legend Led Zeppelin had been overwhelmed by their success at their one-time reunion gig at the O2 Arena in London this month, they are allegedly considering a major world tour.

A source has revealed that the band is pondering an 18-month world tour to appease their fans. The concert at the O2 had those not able to watch the event buy the ticket stub in eBay as much as $250. It will start as soon as lead vocalist Robert Plant's tour with Alison Krauss ended.

"It will kick off at next year's Glastonbury after Robert Plant has finished touring with American country star Alison Krauss," a fellow top musician was quoted by the Daily Express. "Plant and Krauss have a new album out right now and he is committed to that for the next couple of months at least."

Led Zeppelin has not made any announcement yet.

Link

As someone said none official has said anything yet, but that silence says alot to me, because if it wasn't gong to happen then Plant or someone would of said nooooooo...but thats my opinion.

Robert did just that in the November edition of Uncut. He said the O2 show was a one-off and no matter how much he enjoyed it he wouldn't be tempted to tour. No matter what he says it'll soon be disregarded by those believing all this hype.

I find these posts totally disrespectful. They play one show in honour of their good friend and they get accused of being selfish for not embarking on a world tour. Who's the selfish one? :rolleyes:

I don't know who your calling selfish buddy.

all i know is JIMMY PAGE HIMSELF said in an interview a month back that it would be "silly" and unfair to just play one show. he even said its almost not worth it to just play one show.

look it up google news.

Robert did just that in the November edition of Uncut. He said the O2 show was a one-off and no matter how much he enjoyed it he wouldn't be tempted to tour. No matter what he says it'll soon be disregarded by those believing all this hype.

Nothing Robert says is ever set in stone.

He will say one thing one day & the complete opposite the next.

He's also one of the the world's biggest wind up merchants.

I just do not understand how Zeppelin can be so good, so popular, and so respected in the musical world yet continue to deny their fans of their music. As much as I love Zeppelin music, for many years I have felt cheated.

anolte

Memphis, TN

I think its the old saying "Keep it mean and keep EM keen" or words to that nature !! :rolleyes:

Well, in all due respect, I think Zep has done the best they could given the fact that after 1980, there is no 'Led Zeppelin' because there is no John Bonham.

As much as I love them, want them to tour, etc., to think they've cheated us is inncorrect. They've done what they could do by protecting the integrity of the music and being honest.

Sometimes what you don't hear says more than what you hear ???

Has an Official Band Member/Rep come out and publicly and said "No Tour Period" ???

In the past The Band has always been quick to publicly squash any Reunion/Tour Rumors the first chance they got and this has not happened yet there has been no comment from anyone close to the band.

I would bet my life that they are at the very least in discussions with each other as to if, when , how and to what extent they are willing to work together again as Led Zepplin.

Note that I did not say I think they are going to Tour only that I think they are discussing their options.

After the Overwhelming Success of the O2 concert there is no doubt they are jazzed about the idea and thinking what if ..........

So I remain positive and hopefull I will see my dream realized before I leave this planet.

RjK

You my friend have the right idea. Not only is Robert Plant a "spin doctor," but so is Page and Jones. Look at how much hype the band stirred with the ZOSO symbols, mudsharks, ketchup, and on and on. They know just about any publicity is good publicity and they know how to use it full freaking tilt. If I recall correctly it was Peter Grant who cranked much of it and taught them many things about the "cranking."

However!

Attacking someone for bringing news to LZ hungry fans is totally uncalled for. They do they do, the dont they dont. AFAIAC the world wont spin off it's axis one way or the other. They have every right to be cautious too.

And they have a right to change their minds too. The world stays in constant flux and theres not much one individual or a forum can do about it.

Cheers,

Shadow.

PS And I suppose in everones rants that if they do tour which it appears like they will do at least a partial one, nobody will remember who brought the news to you first? Put that monkey in your hurdy gurdy and crank it awhile...

I hope they tour. It would make sense for them to do so in the sense they went into the world of music to perform and the goal of a performer is to entertain the most/best they can, and right now they have the world's brightest spotlight on them, so if ever it were to make sense to do any shows as LZ, now would be the time to strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

but..... as far as keeping the integrity of LZ intact a one off show would be the most true to the band's legacy. Anything else could destroy the mystique of what was LZ and if the show was as good as the reviews, the DVD will confirm it and you will be able to watch it over and over for 29.95 :D

No matter what happens I am hoping for one of the 2 extremes, new music, new tour, and years of LZ to come, or nothing more ever.

I hope they tour. It would make sense for them to do so in the sense they went into the world of music to perform and the goal of a performer is to entertain the most/best they can, and right now they have the world's brightest spotlight on them, so if ever it were to make sense to do any shows as LZ, now would be the time to strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

but..... as far as keeping the integrity of LZ intact a one off show would be the most true to the band's legacy. Anything else could destroy the mystique of what was LZ and if the show was as good as the reviews, the DVD will confirm it and you will be able to watch it over and over for 29.95 :D

No matter what happens I am hoping for one of the 2 extremes, new music, new tour, and years of LZ to come, or nothing more ever.

I think if they used anyone besides Jason it would be disrespectful. If they keep Jason it would be an honour and a tribute to his memory. If I recall correctly they have made many statements about the great loss and how they felt about it. I dunno what kind of pact they made with Bonz, but whatever it was Jason wasnt real old at the time and I don't think they were considering that.

Comments?

Shadow

<edited for sp>

I don't know who your calling selfish buddy.

all i know is JIMMY PAGE HIMSELF said in an interview a month back that it would be "silly" and unfair to just play one show. he even said its almost not worth it to just play one show.

look it up google news.

Work it out for yourself. Someone suggested Zeppelin were actually selfish for not touring.

I'm fully aware of Jimmy's quote, let's face facts he's been saying similar for years. Likewise Robert's been saying no for years.

Nothing Robert says is ever set in stone.

He will say one thing one day & the complete opposite the next.

In other words, whatever Robert says, you'll twist it to suit your own needs? If he's says 'Ok, we'll tour' you'll believe him? If he says 'The O2 was a one-off', you won't? Robert's been saying that Zeppelin will not re-unite for the last 27 years. 3 charity shows aside, he's been spot on.

Well, in all due respect, I think Zep has done the best they could given the fact that after 1980, there is no 'Led Zeppelin' because there is no John Bonham.

As much as I love them, want them to tour, etc., to think they've cheated us is inncorrect. They've done what they could do by protecting the integrity of the music and being honest.

i agree.....i can't believe people are feeling "cheated" though I understand how much fans want to see them....i just thought about how tragically and quickly their lives and LZ changed with the death of John Bonham...they were devasted. this was not a situation where you just place someone in his place and continue JB was only 32 yrs old when he died. this quote from wiki says:

"Despite media rumours that Cozy Powell, Carmine Appice, Barriemore Barlow, Simon Kirke, or Bev Bevan would join the group as his replacement, the remaining members decided to disband Led Zeppelin after Bonham's death. They issued a press statement on December 4 1980 confirming that the band would not continue without its irreplaceable drummer. "We wish it to be known that the loss of our dear friend and the deep sense of undivided harmony felt by ourselves and our manager, have led us to decide that we could not continue as we were."

this quote was just added recently

"On December 10, 2007, the surviving members of Led Zeppelin reunited for the Ahmet Ertegün tribute show at The O2 in London. Jason Bonham, John's son, played drums in place of his late father."

any body feeling cheated of the zep after the 1980 death of their beloved irreplaceable drummer is kinda harsh and for most of the original fans (such as myself...I couldn't see them or at least didn't want to see a replacement drummer nor continuing without Bonham)

HOW do you think JP, JPJ, & RP felt cheated out of losing their dear friend and the grief they probably felt for a very long time???

Lots of years have passed since. I think having Jason as the drummer was perfect and it was a magical concert on 12.10, and I'd be lying if I didn't say i hope a tour is in the works for later next year when RP is complete with his other obligations....but if not it was still a great concert. I think they had the time of their lives up there and I think many wounds were healed that night.

ps: Sept 25 '80 to me is like the same feeling when Elvis died, Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison...you remember where you were etc...it was really devasting to fans too....and we didn't think oh well then they better keep to schedule find a different drummer and keep their plans of touring.....it felt at that time like it was the end of LZ. (my opinion only)

To date, I think the only quote from Plant post O2 was the one where he said it wouldn't be so bad to play together from time to time, where he then disavowed it saying it was the man from the ice and snow talking. So if you take that quote at face value, it's changed from no tour whatsoever to 50/50 chance of a few extra isolated dates in the next year depending on which side of Robert's split personality wins out. Barring any more recent quotes from Plant where he shoots the tour rumors down, this is what I'm going by. Nothing from before it really matters as everything leading up to the show has demonstrated a steady and gradual change of heart on Robert's side, from won't do it, to agreeing to do 40 minutes w/his emotional condom on, to agreeing to do 90 minutes, to talking to Rolling Stone that it is the "only thing" he wants to do, to winding up with a show over 2 hours.

you make a good point but its really hard for a lot of people who missed out on this concert, i mean im 18 i never got to see them live and ive been a fan since i was born becasue my parents are crazy about led, and i tried so hard to get tickets for this concert, the amount of contests i enterd and the number of times i tried to buy tickets on ebay and stuff was increadable and i was willing to spend anything i had to see them but i didnt go and im overwhlemd that they got back toghther and played but it hurts so much that i wasnt there, and im not saying i was cheated im jsut saying i really feel like one concert really leaves out a majority of fans that arent angry they didnt see them but rather disapointed and left out

Archived