POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

I think if they used anyone besides Jason it would be disrespectful. If they keep Jason it would be an honour and a tribute to his memory. If I recall correctly they have made many statements about the great loss and how they felt about it. I dunno what kind of pact they made with Bonz, but whatever it was Jason wasnt real old at the time and I don't think they were considering that.

Comments?

Shadow

<edited for sp>

I just read something where they referred to Jason as a kid back in the 80's, so the idea of continuing on with zeppelin at that point wasn't feasible in their eyes.

Also, Plant made a recent comment where he said that Jason thought he was heir to the throne back in the 80's after the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary gig.

I have to ask..why is everyone so unsure that a tour is coming? I spend my days googling Led Zeppelin and read endless viewpoints about them and a possible tour. All are speculation. I never suspected for a minute that they would tour after the O2 concert. However, I now would be surprised if they did not. The main reasons for my thinking are:

1) Why has the band or Led Zeppelin management not come out and denied a tour in the two weeks since the concert. The majority of rumors that have occured in the past have resulted in a timely press release confirming or denying the rumors. However, for a potential tour, there has been no word from anyone actually involved with the band. Why is this? I suspect to not take away from the Plant-Krauss tour.

2) In June of 2007, World Entertainment News reported a reunion concert, and if all went well, a tour. The first part(reunion show) came true, so why not expect the second part(a tour).

Part 1 of my reasoning all but seals the deal in my mind. Until I hear a denial of a tour, I will expect at least some shows in 2008.

I have to ask..why is everyone so unsure that a tour is coming? I spend my days googling Led Zeppelin and read endless viewpoints about them and a possible tour. All are speculation. I never suspected for a minute that they would tour after the O2 concert. However, I now would be surprised if they did not. The main reasons for my thinking are:

1) Why has the band or Led Zeppelin management not come out and denied a tour in the two weeks since the concert. The majority of rumors that have occured in the past have resulted in a timely press release confirming or denying the rumors. However, for a potential tour, there has been no word from anyone actually involved with the band. Why is this? I suspect to not take away from the Plant-Krauss tour.

2) In June of 2007, World Entertainment News reported a reunion concert, and if all went well, a tour. The first part(reunion show) came true, so why not expect the second part(a tour).

Part 1 of my reasoning all but seals the deal in my mind. Until I hear a denial of a tour, I will expect at least some shows in 2008.

I agree...

and 1) I think they are probably still talking out the idea of a tour. Probably no plans set in stone... yet. And after reading this thread, they have probably decided my idea of Led Zeppelin TOU(RED) is a fantastic idea. Or maybe it will be Mothership TOU(RED), who knows... but I am positive they are going to use my idea. And then they will want to meet me of course and the rest will be history....

and 2) On the 10th of December 2007 they did a reunion show... AND I WASN'T THERE! SO, they will be doing a tour because.... they.. um.... yeah....

All I want for Christmas is the announcement of a tour.... and I want Harvey to call me personally with a passcode. Is that too much to ask????

Merry/Happy Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah, Solstice, Yule ect... to all my Zep Friends! And here's wishing us all the chance to see them tour in the New Year!! :D:beer:

i think they (LZ) must be with their families and friends for christmas and new years and re-visit it during the new year...

merry christmas & happy 2008 to all the zep fans waiting for whatever 2008 tour news holds for us!!!

Why on earth is the onus on the members of Led Zeppelin to say they aren't touring? The default state of the band is that they split up in 1980. If ever they do tour then in due course that'll be announced; if they don't they don't need to say anything. That said, I'm sure some of them will be interviewed soon and no doubt they'll be asked about this.

Well, Robert is embarking on a world tour next year, which presumably means more than Europe & USA? It certainly won't leave much room for led Zeppelin activity - at least until late 2008

I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this but I'm excited enough to post...

My Dad is a successful musician who just played a private party for a very major promoter of a very big country. He told me that the management of the artist he plays with, and the promoters at the party, were all in agreement that after the members of Zeppelin finish pursuing their own stuff throughout a majority of 2007, that the current form of Led Zeppelin will indeed play a bunch of shows.

I hate hearing unsubstantiated rumors like this myself, and I hear lots of them. I promise you I would not post this unless I heard something rather legitamate from a very legitamate source.

That said, we should only believe what is said officially. What I have heard should only tell us that there IS tour talk, and that it IS being discussed very seriously at the highest levels.

I think the smart bet is no more than a half-dozen one-offs in late Summer 2008.

Absolutely no tour.

That's brilliant. Another idea for the tour..... "Led Zeppelin The One Off Tour". And that could refer to their original statement for the one-off gig and for the fact that it's Jason drumming instead of Bonzo.

well, IF they do have a tour in late 08 probably into early 09..........I hope they remember to bring the cameras along and do another rockumentary including the backstage and "on the road" clips .... . maybe it could be decicated in loving memory of John Bonham i think this would be a very popular video and tasteful too.

i guess this is putting the horse before the cart, but it's wishful thinking.

I think the smart bet is no more than a half-dozen one-offs in late Summer 2008.

Absolutely no tour.

I have to say I agree for the most part with this except that if we are blessed with New Music from the boyz I think there will be a tour, length to be determined.

RjK

Hello everybody, first post from someone else who was unable to get tickets for the O2!

Much as I'd love to see a tour, I'm under no illusions as to its likelihood. Here's why:

MONEY: I refuse to believe that this could ever be a motivating factor for any of the band members (even including Jason) - since LZ were unusually democratic in terms of songwriting credits, they must all be very rich men indeed. I would suggest that, since JPJ's entire post-Zep career and Robert's 90s / 00s output could be considered uncommercial and personal, they were already so financially comfortable in 1980 that they were able to pursue whatever paths they chose without having to worry about the accrual of wealth. What I'm trying to say is that throwing large amounts of cash at the band now is not going to want to make them go out on the road again, because they don't need it. (But, if they do, I'm sure the ticket prices will still be suitably extortionate.)

ROBERT PLANT: In all honesty, I think that he's the only real stumbling block to any sort of reunion. Page has always been up for it, and JPJ has certainly been dropping plenty of positive hints in interviews as well. Presumably Jason would be happy to be involved as well. But Robert? I think that he enjoyed the O2 concert, perhaps more so than he was expecting to, but that's not enough. As I've already suggested, money wouldn't motivate him, and the opportunity of playing in front of huge stadium-sized crowds doesn't seem to attract him either. Why should it? He's done all that already, back in the 70s. His entire professional life from 1980 onwards seems to have been intended to escape LZ, so I find it hard to imagine him willingly stepping back into that world again. But I wish he'd shut the door completely and publically if that's his wish - otherwise, the rumours are uncontrollable.

The well is dry. That dog won't hunt.

Any idea how many rehearsals were held leading to the O2? How much time were they together?

When the boys realized the groove was present, aside from rehearsing their set, I wonder if new themes, riffs, lyrics, etc., were tossed around the campfire.

Man... I hope the well is swellin' and the dog is hungry.

Any idea how many rehearsals were held leading to the O2? How much time were they together?

Not nearly enough, unfortunately.

When the boys realized the groove was present, aside from rehearsing their set, I wonder if new themes, riffs, lyrics, etc., were tossed around the campfire.

I do know that Robert was AWOL for a week of rehearsals, leaving only a short time for him to cram before the show, as he was busy promoting Raising Sand. That should tell you something about how little attention he was able to maintain for Zep.

I think the momentum was broken when Page broke his finger. Some of the most enthusiastic stuff from Robert (like the Rolling Stone piece) was said right before then. But there was a lull in rehearsals because of the fracture and Robert may have taken that as a sign to snap himself out of being so into it.

Time will tell.

NME is reporting this today: http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/33264

It's old news and it's also a report that reports nothing of substance. Every venue

owner in the country can make a case for why their venue is best suited to host a

Led Zeppelin concert. This particular venue owner is allegedly a friend of JPJ. Well,

after nearly 50 years in the music business one would think JPJ has a lot of friends,

some of whom are bound to be venue owners. It's irelevant, really.

I believe you are entirely incorrect with that statement.

Wanna wager?

There's nothing to wager as the well is dry.

By his own admission, Robert Plant had writer's block for several years (1998-2003).

Were it not for the Strange Sensation he may never have had another album of new

material. Even 'Raising Sand' is an album of covers, as was 'Dreamland'.

Has Jimmy Page written a single remarkable piece of music since November 1975?

John Paul Jones?

Archived