POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

Yes, but that album was written by relatively young lions licking their wounds. A stand against time, the elements, and chance. A new album 32 years later little more than roaring for the sake of roaring?

I never thought i'd see jimmy playing -hots on for nowhere w/the black crowes at -jones beach theater on -youtube in 00..., i think an old lion licks his wounds and continues.

Yeah they could never tour like they did...but writing is the key, writing and creativity....if they have something to say that is.

I never thought i'd see jimmy playing -hots on for nowhere w/the black crowes at -jones beach theater on -youtube in 00..., i think an old lion licks his wounds and continues.

Yeah they could never tour like they did...but writing is the key, writing and creativity....if they have something to say that is.

I was there at that Jones Beach show! Page was so great, do you have a youtube link to that night's version of "Hots On For Nowhere" (Jones Beach,NY 7/10/2000), I am dying to see it!

I was there at that Jones Beach show! Page was so great, do you have a youtube link to that night's version of "Hots On For Nowhere" (Jones Beach,NY 7/10/2000), I am dying to see it!

I saw them at roseland, 2 shows in 99 but couldnt get a ticket to that one... but heard it from the parking lot. Actually, that was on youtube last year for awhile and then was taken down...i am not that computer savvy so i didnt record it, and dont know where it is now. I remember hearing -in the light, from the parking lot and was trying to hear it as best i could...knowing it was something special.

Yes, what about the caliber of songwriting (not performances!) demonstrated from 1995-1998: Yallah, Wonderful One, City Don't Cry, the WIC album. All unremarkable!

Which four Zep songs are you going to drop from the setlist for that?!

I missed this response. I listen to -walking into clarksdale all the time. For this one its more like -presence, in that is was more of a band effort on the songs. Yeah i'm sure that some stuff was sketched out and then they formed them.

Again, with anything in a new -led zep format i couldnt see them playing solo stuff...but maybe -most high, or some other solo song, if they wanted to put a new sound on something.

But yeah, they probably wont play again, till 09 atleast. hahaa

I missed this response. I listen to -walking into clarksdale all the time. For this one its more like -presence, in that is was more of a band effort on the songs. Yeah i'm sure that some stuff was sketched out and then they formed them.

Again, with anything in a new -led zep format i couldnt see them playing solo stuff...but maybe -most high, or some other solo song, if they wanted to put a new sound on something.

But yeah, they probably wont play again, till 09 atleast. hahaa

WIC is perhaps the lion cub to the mighty Presence. It's not chock full of guitar solos

and the mix is horribly muddy. Steve Albini should be strung up for that "production".

WIC is perhaps the lion cub to the mighty Presence. It's not chock full of guitar solos

and the mix is horribly muddy. Steve Albini should be strung up for that "production".

Well, nothing from -led zep was really chocked full of guitar solos either...but its the guitar structure within the songs thats different as the albums go. I am guessing that goes back to pre written stuff as opposed to jamming...like -rock and roll, trampled etc.

But for me -walking into clarksdale is definately a really good record...it sounded good to me in 98 and still does. Maybe they wanted and certain production with -steve albini and wanted to just make an album at that time, instead of making a big production deal of it....i dont know, but with the material, it sounds like it all worked to me.

Well, nothing from -led zep was really chocked full of guitar solos either...but its the guitar structure within the songs thats different as the albums go. I am guessing that goes back to pre written stuff as opposed to jamming...like -rock and roll, trampled etc.

But for me -walking into clarksdale is definately a really good record...it sounded good to me in 98 and still does. Maybe they wanted and certain production with -steve albini and wanted to just make an album at that time, instead of making a big production deal of it....i dont know, but with the material, it sounds like it all worked to me.

Nearly every single song on Presence features a distinctive guitar solo. I could go thru the other albums with the exception of ITTOD but the point is made.

Nearly every single song on Presence features a distinctive guitar solo. I could go thru the other albums with the exception of ITTOD but the point is made.

You know what i mean though...-led zep wasnt a guitar solo oriented band. Hey, there is a kick ass guitar solo on -burning up-p/p, but nobody really talks about it. Led Zep blended so well that they knew that...and they were smart and focussed on making the songs as best as they could be.

Wait a minute...no good guitar solos on -in the evening?? -south bound saurez/fool in the rain/i'm gonna crawl... c'mon i dont want to add to bashing the last -zeppelin album and least heavy.

So, if there is any future LZ activity, I wouldn't care what they played, or if there was any new material - I'd just like to see them, and that'd be enough. They wouldn't need any new songs anyway, when everybody would be there to hear the material that is already so familiar from the albums.

well said BelfastBoy

deleted

due to below comments....too much room for dissapointment.

i still think they could fit in a few concerts even if RP is touring with Alison K.

I can image Peter and John just wondering why it took so long and why are they not touring..

The guitar solo in the live version of -the firms -live in peace still bowls me over but, hey its all about the song. :)

The magnificent Live In Peace, which oh by the way, first appeared on the Paul Rodgers solo album 'Cut Loose'. Sorry to say no songwriting credit whatsoever for Jimmy on it.

He really sinks his teeth into that solo though!

The magnificent Live In Peace, which oh by the way, first appeared on the Paul Rodgers solo album 'Cut Loose'. Sorry to say no songwriting credit whatsoever for Jimmy on it.

Really? well, a good example of -jimmy listening and wanting to add something then...i think when page or plant feel a fire for a song they can really add to it, cover song or whatever.

Memphis Minnie and Willie Dixon would certainly agree! :D

Ahh yeah i guess so. But i really see -led zep's take on the blues so artistically different than a riff or drum sample...but content is content and that was settled. Its funny, in a world of creativity...i can understand adding to art, but can't agree with riding off of someones creativity.

oh, I was at the side of the stage for the 1986 boston garden firm show, and that song either closed the set, or was an encore, but at the end page would solo, then play the music, then do an even more climatic solo, then play the music and so on, he really built this epic ending, with each solo outdoing the next one....the only time I can think of when jimmy does this, would be the end of ten years gone from the 1977 tour, when he playing solo's then the riff and so on.

hope to see jimmy on a solo tour this year.....

Hold your horses. It's for Pagey fans for new years eve. Tomorrow night it will hit.

But your highlighting said announcement in a "Tour Rumor / Tour Announcement" thread.

I doubt Jimmy Page Online, a completely unofficial site, would have breaking news of a tour before this, the official site. If the announcement is something else perhaps start a

new thread for it so it is highlighted in the proper context.

oh, I was at the side of the stage for the 1986 boston garden firm show, and that song either closed the set or was an encore

Here is a typical setlist for their 1986 North American:

The Firm (Jimmy Page / Paul Rodger / Chris Slade / Tony Franklin)

May 2nd 1986 Detroit, MI USA Joe Louis Sports Arena

Fortune Hunter

Closer

Someone To Love

Make Or Break

Prelude

Money Can't Buy

Satisfaction Guaranteed

drum solo

Radioactive

Live In Peace

All The Kings Horses

bass solo

The Chase

violin bow solo

Cadillac

Midnight Moonlight

You've Lost That Loving Feeling

-----------Encore------------

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

------Second Encore------

I Just Wanna Make Love To You

But your highlighting said announcement in a "Tour Rumor / Tour Announcement" thread.

I doubt Jimmy Page Online, a completely unofficial site, would have breaking news of a tour before this, the official site. If the announcement is something else perhaps start a

new thread for it so it is highlighted in the proper context.

Well, technicals aside, it is a general statement thread of announcements/rumors and such. Didn't see the need for a new thread. JPOL, is unofficial yes, but always has provided a great wealth of information. Remember this site wasn't official until recently. Anywho, I hope it's something good. We will see.

Well, technicals aside, it is a general statement thread of announcements/rumors and such. Didn't see the need for a new thread. JPOL, is unofficial yes, but always has provided a great wealth of information. Remember this site wasn't official until recently. Anywho, I hope it's something good. We will see.

For what it's worth, your original post reads like YOU are the Master and Commander of

JPOL. Did you mean the source is (those) two members of JPOL? I wouldn't know as I'm only an active member on this, the official site.

Archived