POSSIBLE TOUR RUMORS/ANNOUNCENTS THREAD

madison

The well is dry. That dog won't hunt.

Well I have to respectfully disagree with ya Mr. Jones, there is a magic that happens when Jimmy, Robert and John get together with the idea of writing music. Jimmy is quoted as saying he has some good stuff he has worked on that would be a good fit for Zepplin to record and I would love to hear it after Robert and John's input/contribution !!!

The only wildcard is Jason and how he will fit into the mix of things as the 3 have not really recorded with him as of yet, except Jimmy and that was brief as well as a long time ago.

WonderfulOne and City Don't Cry would of been Monster Hits if they would of had JPJ's input and been released on an album as Official Led Zepplin material.

I have nothing but faith in the boyz, they just need to "git er dun"

RjK

The only wildcard is Jason and how he will fit into the mix of things as the 3 have not really recorded with him as of yet, except Jimmy and that was brief as well as a long time ago.

WonderfulOne and City Don't Cry would of been Monster Hits if they would of had JPJ's input and been released on an album as Official Led Zepplin material.

There WAS a magic that happened when they wrote songs together, which they have not done in nearly 30 years.

I do not recall Jimmy saying he has anything suitable for Led Zeppelin. Oh by the way,

he says a lot of things.

Wonderful One and City Don't Cry featured two of the three surviving members and failed to chart anywhere in the world. They were unremarkable songs in every way.

You could reissue Straight Outta Compton as a new Led Zeppelin album and it will be

a "monster hit".

My point throughout this thread has only been if new music is written now, it is likely

to be unremarkable. Insofar as Jason being the wild card in the songwriting process, it all goes back to my other posts in other threads asking this: full partner of filling in?

Jason has written some good songs on his own. If they all bring a little something to

the table to nibble on terrific, we may then have a feast after all. I'm starving too.

What is JPOL's definition of "tonight?"

LoL..Actually he said some time after 8pm EST Sat night. So yes, waiting.

I was thinking (pure speculation) it was maybe something with Paul Rogers doing a live gig for New Years. I most likely am wrong. Still waiting. I promise to post soon as I see something.

LoL..Actually he said some time after 8pm EST Sat night. So yes, waiting.

I was thinking (pure speculation) it was maybe something with Paul Rogers doing a live gig for New Years. I most likely am wrong. Still waiting. I promise to post soon as I see something.

Perhaps after the ball is lowered in Times Square to herald the dawn of 2008 a giant,

fully illuminated Mothership emerges from the darkness to reveal this announcement:

MSG August 12th 2008

Edit: (The latest rumor heard round the world LOL!)

Perhaps after the ball is lowered in Times Square to herald the dawn of 2008 a giant,

fully illuminated Mothership emerges from the darkness to reveal this announcement:

MSG August 12th 2008

Edit: (The latest rumor heard round the world LOL!)

I'd love to see that.

JPOL is now entering the earth's last time zone. No word from the capsule.

Here is what The Master and Commander has posted......

Sorry...slight delay...I will post the info as soon as I can, at any time - within the next 24 hours.

I am sure, he is making sure. And yet again, we wait.

[ the well's not dry etc. it's just a matter if they want to draw from it or not is all. /i]

I think they could put out a very decent cd if they tried, but I also think that at some point the inspiration dries up. Let's face it, if Walking Into Clarksdale was not done by Page/Plant, how much would we really have paid attention to it. It was very forgettable. I have also tried to listen to McCartney's past few efforts, and just can't get into them as much as I try. I'm not trying to slag the guys here in any way, as I am a huge fan, but I am just being a realist. I'll still buy anything from them when and if it happens, but i dont want to set my expectations too high. I do think also, that JPJ must be a part of any future recording and could be the difference in the sound and quality of any new material. He really excelled in the 02 reunion and held the show together.

From JPOL.....

I was hopeful but, Unfortunately, JP isn't going to jam with Paul Rodgers at his Reno gig on NYE...but at least they are going to webcast PR's show live and they will be showing some of the Ahmet Tribute concert (unsure if any of the Zep performance will find it's way into the webcast) plus they will be showing some great stuff shot during the 1995 Page/Plant tour

Oh well.

I want a refund. Now. In cash.

No really, thanks anyway.

didn't turn out the way we were hoping huh. You are welcome.

Here is a nice story I will share that JPO1 posted on the 27th....

Goodwill to all, from a monster of rock and roll legend

Further evidence arrives that Robert Plant is, in fact, the nicest man in rock.

Where others demand champagne, cocaine, scantily-clad models and silk cushions on their concert "riders", the Led Zeppelin frontman is reportedly content with a kettle, a box of PG Tips and a pint of full-fat milk. He has also been spotted sharing his sandwiches in an airport.

The latest account of Plantian goodwill comes from a Putney rehearsal studio, The Ritz. The rock band Van Tramp were pretty pleased to realise that none other than Jimmy Page and Plant were playing in the room next door. They were too shy to introduce themselves, but when they left they were told by reception that a certain man with long, grey-blond locks had already paid their fees.

Here is a nice story I will share that JPO1 posted on the 27th....

Interesting that another band would have been permitted use of the same studio at

the same time as the Led Zeppelin rehearsals. Perhaps the rehearsals were not as

"cloaked in secrecy" as the media, as usual, played them up to be.

Here is a typical setlist for their 1986 North American:

The Firm (Jimmy Page / Paul Rodger / Chris Slade / Tony Franklin)

May 2nd 1986 Detroit, MI USA Joe Louis Sports Arena

Fortune Hunter

Closer

Someone To Love

Make Or Break

Prelude

Money Can't Buy

Satisfaction Guaranteed

drum solo

Radioactive

Live In Peace

All The Kings Horses

bass solo

The Chase

violin bow solo

Cadillac

Midnight Moonlight

You've Lost That Loving Feeling

-----------Encore------------

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

------Second Encore------

I Just Wanna Make Love To You

They didn't play a single Zep song on that tour? No Stairway instrumental? I'm surprised.

Hey, there is a kick ass guitar solo on -burning up-p/p, but nobody really talks about it.

Yes, but Burning Up was totally destroyed by Robert's weak vocal delivery.

I would say more than the lack of solos is the lack of guitar layering in general, which is a Jimmy studio trademark. Even the rawest LZ recordings that have that live sort of feel have some layering in them. WiC is basically the sound of Jimmy with one hand tied behind his back and I'm surprised he was convinced to go ahead with it that way.

Archived