Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
godzilla777

Top 5 shows form 1977

Sue - I analyze live versions of ALS more than any other song. What's the technical aspect in ALS on the 23rd that you don't like?

6/26 really is a crown jewel - it tends to get lost in conversation due to being in the midst of the L.A. run. If it was on its own people would rank it much higher, also if fans would seek out the lesser known shows it would get more respect.

6/26 really is a crown jewel - it tends to get lost in conversation due to being in the midst of the L.A. run. If it was on its own people would rank it much higher, also if fans would seek out the lesser known shows it would get more respect.

I think part of the problem is that, when it comes to the L.A. shows people are 'spoiled' by the quality of the Millard recordings for the 21st, 23rd, 25th and 27th. So the 22nd and 26th get overlooked as a result.

My only two problems with the Achilles from the 23rd is that Bonham doesn't play the slow build up to Jimmy's second solo spot (the strained echo solo towards the end) on the song, opting for the machine gun ratatat instead of the steady ascension like usual, and I just don't like how fast it was played, which is the same complaint I have for the Achilles from the 21st.

Edited by Sue Dounim

My only two problems with the Achilles from the 23rd is that Bonham doesn't play the slow build up to Jimmy's second solo spot (the strained echo solo towards the end) on the song, opting for the machine gun ratatat instead of the steady ascension like usual, and I just don't like how fast it was played, which is the same complaint I have for the Achilles from the 21st.

You gotta admit Page and Bonham are pretty tight seeing as they were flying at high speed themselves