DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

well hmm its the sorry full state of all the passion of life is maybe, more to the point. I`ve been in the used record store`s most of the time its me the only one in the greatest children playground, ooh yes its the stuff dreams are made of when you find a lost gem vinyl holding it in your hands and looking at the artwork reading the notes of the music. ok there are some great artist who`s artwork is outstanding work, many are household names now. is there any better feeling than the vinyl mode... oh in my world MUSIC is KING... how can you not get over welling amazing passion for music its well its just the magical trip along with the musicians whom created the magical hip trip wow we. is there a better way to find your inner child maybe or maybe not

hearing anything at all. maybe its me but I`ve always been a musical JUNKIE. I`ve possible been out buying most of the formats vinyl, cassettes, 8track, cd, dvd and cd-r. some now no longer being used, 8track cassettes being one of them.... I was having a heated chat about the `80`s so called new wave of british heavy metal (N.W.O.B.H.M) which was the bands like maiden, saxon, venom, lappard ect. which is only the start of it I was a sort of follower in that I`ve gotten albums by iron maiden, saxon, venom and a few of the lesser now ones too!. well the heat bit was when it was said it was crap! LOL. ok lets see if it gets the same hmm ?????.

If you want to get into something to compliment your music collecting, I highly recommend buying autobiographies of various artists and also biographies written by friends of the artists because it gives you a bit of insight into what motivates them as individuals and how they come up with the songs, album cover ideas, live presentation and so on. Combine the internet with used book stores and you can find all sorts of gems out there.

Here is another one related to music:

Has anyone else noticed that the various news print publications (newspapers & magazines Rolling Stone is a big one with this) will describe Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd or the Rolling Stones as being 'relevant at one moment but such and a such a band’s time has passed' - but when it comes to solo musicians like Bob Geldof, Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp and Bruce Springsteen that they never seem to have an expiry date in the eyes of the critics or even the late night talking heads on tv.

Robert Plant is the perfect example of that, I read a lot of “Led Zeppelin” would be a dinosaur type of commentary today, but Robert Plant is celebrated as being artistic and encouraged to play on and record forever.

For a reason which I can’t explain, the concept of a band is not given the same lenience as a solo artist. I wonder if perhaps the critics are just pissed off that critic so and so wanted to be a Bob Geldof or Bob Dylan type of persona and shit on anyone who is in an active band because the critic never made it as solo musician. I hear lot FM Radio DJ's shit on bands but give all kinds of praise to solo acts.

I'm too passionate about my music and it bugs me that so few people care about music, or go to used record stores these days.

Plenty of passion here and given the crowds I have to deal with at the record shops and swap meets, I wouldn't mind a little less passion. At least when I'm trying to score a good deal on a record. ;)

Edited by Strider

hmm its good to have plenty of passion around the record stores, whom would wish for anything less as its the music where all on this forum for. where all full of passion for ZEPPELIN, I mean its great when I listen to my nephews talking about there newest album which is give or take 30+ yrs old, as the two young men and I are close here and there one or ? of my albums they have in there collections now Zep, Doors, Beatles `n` Stones ect, but they are now starting to find there own styles too. oh I am the solitary man, is it wrong to talk to myself even when there`s nobody else, I`m just checking out I`m not going crazy so I`ll read some mindless crap thinking this would bring me back, my ideals, sanity seem to be leaving me, I`ll just watch the clouds racing away or cast shadows to all the broken angels trying to choice the right path oh to be a geek, fat boy, freak, loner, wall flower or billy no mates. where`s the:

"bullet proof poet" whenever you need one. just in case you would like to now whom are the "BPP" to geekfreak there novelists whom only write facts and call it as it is, there is also a few frontmen whom I`d add to my list to Fish, Tyla and the blues maters too!. I`m a little fucking pissed right off, so I`ll better change the topic... is there a 15th/16th centuries "RENAISSANCE" geek like myself out there. I`ll add the fact that I`ve always viewed architecture/art as being whole both are electric, moving the viewer into the mass of sheer over the top passion I`ve spent many hours looking at painting and architecture within my location and around the world on my holiday trips, even Mrs GF cannot see when I`ve sat and look at the same piece of art work for over an hour or more but its the time the artist as put into his work, I should take the time to look at the detail he as done. maybe you well agree with me or not, mind you possible may choice to wonder why I`m going back to the music ? ok, I`m a big fan of the band Dog`s Damour there a to me a cool rock `n` roll band soaked in booze, drugs and women within there lives the title from album`s of the band sums them up just right " in the dynamite jet saloon, a graveyard full of empty bottles, more uncharted heights of disgrace " now there cool titles for the albums the art work is by vocals guitarist Tyla. well not the first one jet saloon, that's four photo`s of the guys, sadly they never really hit the big time but there still my fav band... I`ll possible be up lifted tomorrow as no work so fingers crossed plenty of music, reading till bedtime LOL...

I'm seriously thinking of putting together a photo exhibit which will have 60 of my best photographs on display each one in a framed 16 by 20 size. Planning on doing this at Fishermen's Cove if I can convince them to give me a space for 2 weeks. And have it run from 5 PM to 7:30 PM. With my work related travels with my last 2 employers, I always brought my camera with me instead of sitting around a fucking hotel room all evening and night with nothing to do and passed the time taking pictures. It's an idea I have had for about a week now.

I'm seriously thinking of putting together a photo exhibit which will have 60 of my best photographs on display each one in a framed 16 by 20 size. Planning on doing this at Fishermen's Cove if I can convince them to give me a space for 2 weeks. And have it run from 5 PM to 7:30 PM. With my work related travels with my last 2 employers, I always brought my camera with me instead of sitting around a fucking hotel room all evening and night with nothing to do and passed the time taking pictures. It's an idea I have had for about a week now.

That's a good idea Charles J. White! I hope it works out for you. :)

well there are times when I`ve shaking my head, with the youth wasting all there time staying on the games console, instead of coming outside the house to view the world... also there`s the texts messaging only me and Mrs GF where out for a meal when a young couple on the same table no speaking to each other texting, not one spoken word to each other... is there another`s whom feel that life sometimes wasted on the youth... well there are more Zeppelin buying to do the next to remastered albums are due out in October VI/HOTH, I`ve pre-ordered my copies very happy GF... as the HOTH was the album which a 13yrs old found the magical music of Zeppelin which as been with me ever since... which was your first album as it been remastered yet, the extra tracks well you be happy or ... I`ll have to let you now have its released hmm... how well the rest of the week bring along with it, see you later...

Hmmm its a not to put to fine a point on it but HELP, Crisis in my 50`s I`m wondering where did all my hopes, dreams and LIFE Go. everything is just hmmm well you now dead end crap, working for the boss man, bills, same old same weekends, praying for change but no one is listening to my cries in the wilderness of CRAP growing like a mocking, monotonous, monstrous,

monumental pile of shit, we are a takeaway throwaway nation. landfills are full of it, when will if ever it stops full stop, egos of a nation of gamers, computer nerds, flash gits more monies than brains must have the latest car tech or whatever a dump the rest, well I say bollocks no. its like being lost in a monstrous cities trying to find the way out of there but all the exit take you right back to the heart of the cities, live is never as good as the book, I`ve gotten the need to ?????, I`ve not gotten a clue but go like a bat out of roundabout city for a while as I`ve been under the crap for to long hmm arrrgh well its possible me just wishing at stars trying to find answers to mid-life crisis so please excuse me gibbering on, on and on but I`ve gotten the :stereo: on but even the cool jazz music of Miles Davis isn`t hitting the spot right now maybe soon. I now maybe a little progressive rock music will be my guiding light in a world of crap, yeah I`ll give it a go no Zeppelin always hitting the spot... its just me wondering about the childhood`s hopes and ?????, times gone... there should have been more to me and my life than all of this crisis, bullshit, real lie bollocks, I` work on a fixed work one year, still waiting to see if renewed this 08/14 I`m count the days and waiting. ooh we ooh we la la la ah!. I`m told there are more people worse of than me and YES there are, but for ones in my life I`m thinking about only ME... wow that's is a FIRST... I now its not the answer but its helping right about now to me, another thing I`ll be doing in mode cooking the meal for tonight ooh goody bloodly goody. bollocks I could fucking scream my fucking lungs right OUT!. I`m a human not a robot... is this just I or ?. maybe I`ll find a lifeline out of nowhere, somewhere sooner and later... maybe because I`ve not added the 40`s mid-life I am having it now ?????. been watching B.B.C Four the programs about music northern soul, motown, kings of rock & roll, the guitar riff they where amazing in sights to the music they where about... who said its just music its a ?????....

I like the song "always look on the bright side of life" its a great movie too!. but thank you for making me smile today its a other day of mixed bag of life`s joyride tide wave... its been a little time since I`ve played any Thin Lizzy so I dug out my vinyl copy of "Live And Dangerous" its an amazing Live album captured the Lizzy in the spirit of there drugs fuelled, booze soaked, twin guitar pumping rock and roll band. `76/`77 tours where when THIN LIZZY where at there highest peak ooh " The Boys Where Back In Town" there studio output never captured the bands live sound there still classic rock albums... than it was time for another blast from my teenage pasted Queen " A Night At The Opera" now there`s a mixture of musical styles within its grip of jazz, rock, opera and the kitchen sink LOL, yes it was the single everyone will remember it for also the first video too! " Bohemian Rhapsody " number one for "NINE WEEKS U.K" at the time everyone and his dog where saying have you seen the video, now its old hat... I`m just blasting out Iron Maiden " The Number Of The Beast " some here wil not like the band but a I dig them, great cover art stonking twin guitar riff`s... add to this Motorhead " No Sleep Till Hammersmith" maybe the Motorhead are not going to be on everyone`s list of bands they are in mine, I`m more into the classic trio line up but saying that I`m a fan of " 1914 " adding a few other later albums too! one band I could take or leave is KISS, never really gotten into there music, even when friends saying listen to " Alive/ Alive ii" are well you cannot like everything... play the music of the LOUDEST GUITAR SOLOS....

13 days from now I become one year older, and though when I was younger I hated the idea of aging, I've accepting that from this year going forward I will continue to find new white pubic hairs growing on me - fuck this aging and me don't go well together. The coming 12 months I plan to crank up my physical activity level and show a few of the younger guys I can still do it on the double black diamond and glade runs. I'm not about to let my son surpass me just yet.

Hmm which way to start the brain pumping to the max of inner care of body `n` mind, where are the highest points of historical points of soul music sweet soul music is there anymore passion within another form of music, its a heatwave, dancing on the streets with mother popcorn... there are times when I`m absent mind trying to sorting out all the topics, which are mixed up in little bits of this and that, that and this is why gibberish topics form within this forum looking to sorting out all the space of my mind... is the hmm music of bands like slayer, music yeah I`m in the ? box, anthrax and co too!. moan or not yes its as simple as that, say something or nothing... where will another topic come about to fill in the time which we will all talking on.... will you start it or ...

Hmm which way to start the brain pumping to the max of inner care of body `n` mind, where are the highest points of historical points of soul music sweet soul music is there anymore passion within another form of music, its a heatwave, dancing on the streets with mother popcorn... there are times when I`m absent mind trying to sorting out all the topics, which are mixed up in little bits of this and that, that and this is why gibberish topics form within this forum looking to sorting out all the space of my mind... is the hmm music of bands like slayer, music yeah I`m in the ? box, anthrax and co too!. moan or not yes its as simple as that, say something or nothing... where will another topic come about to fill in the time which we will all talking on.... will you start it or ...

Hi geekfreak! I love soul music but I have never given Slayer or Anthrax much attention. Do you recommend some songs for me to listen to? I love your contributions to the forum. I've been so busy with school starting up again I have very little time to talk on the forum. I do more reading these days and I love to read your posts. I hope you're doing well. I have thought of new topics but I have been neglecting the ones which i have already started! :D I hope to find more time soon!

This week, I was able to source million of liters of fuel, tomorrow morning people are going to wake up and climb in their sports car or 4x4 truck and not give it any thought that its guys in the energy industry that make life so easy for everyone. Someone is going to wake up, and put clothes on that was made with energy. Someone is going to make breakfast on the cooking range and not think of the work that was involved sourcing that fuel. Someone is going to go on vacation and not given it any thought where the jet fuel comes from. Next week, I'm on a plane and in a hotel and the cycle repeats itself.

Can you imagine starting out, being asked as a young man out of school if you would like to travel to some shit hole country as a bagman working out energy deals greasing palms all so people can wake up and not notice how much they use energy in everyday life? All the while not thinking that someone could pull a gun on you or kidnap you because they think you represent the big satan, yet they still want the money passing through there hands in exchange for the oil or the natural gas you source?

Life is weird sometimes which is why I love music so much, it's a form of escapism and probably the big reason why I dislike Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen music because deep down inside I know they are hypocrites. I guess I get to do what I'm good at which is source energy and grease palms.

I`ll give it some through the songs to which I`d gotten on the Anthrax, Slayer.... have you listened to these albums: Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets there two classic rock albums oh sorry there by Metallica, with Metallica I`m only gotten the two above, debut, Justices and the black album, didn`t like the other albums I`ve seen them few times, have you listen to any Iron Maiden... are you into blues music which musicians... I`m having a ball headphones on listening to Princes cool as cool is... I `d better listen to some Zeppelin Tomorrow didn't get to hear any Zeppelin yesterday... roll along footie season and plenty of :goal:ooh yes... roll by the summer is sadly going by to fast... well that's all for now...

right on, on and on again, what`s wrong without or with nothing better to do with. no I`ve already written about it on another of topic. random 3 topic. its funny. the hi-fi as been on all day, sadly now off boo who. I`m a junkie of music, from all forms of music is there one I`ve found that's not gotten me within its grip, even the thrash bands. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera and Lamb Of God. I personnel still feel its magical powers. as I do from every other form. is there a better way to go....

right on, on and on again, what`s wrong without or with nothing better to do with. no I`ve already written about it on another of topic. random 3 topic. its funny. the hi-fi as been on all day, sadly now off boo who. I`m a junkie of music, from all forms of music is there one I`ve found that's not gotten me within its grip, even the thrash bands. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera and Lamb Of God. I personnel still feel its magical powers. as I do from every other form. is there a better way to go....

You're the perfect audience geekfreak. You seem very open-minded. I think every musician/band does add something important to the music pot in some way.

Geekfreak, get yourself some Barclay James Harvest albums and relax!!

Geekfreak, get yourself some Barclay James Harvest albums and relax!!

Geekfreak seems pretty cool, it's good he has a place to blow off steam and just let his inner thoughts out from to time. Music for him seems to have given him a purpose from all life's distractions. Speaking of Barclay James, this is a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aPnFTFrg5k

hmm ooh I`m a BJH fan gotten a few classic BJH vinyl`s in my music collection, there cool I do prefer there early output... well I`ve been lazy today out of bed 09-30am was the sister-in law went home pop out to shop, called in to starbucks takeaway coffee, its now one of those days don't now weather or whatever to do with yourself, so I`ve been chilling with headphones on Prince, Living Colour, Extreme, Spin Doctors, Tea Party, Led Zeppelin ect... so what else can I fill there void of emptiness without causing harm to myself bollocks there are so things I`d cannot bring myself to open up all of the demons which are holding me within a inner darkest vile place where only vile, harm, venom, self-harming and HATE are all consuming VILE, that's whenever I now I`ve gotten to play music calm inner beast... cosmic cosmos of an self faith of physical, psychedelic, and music seen as colourful colour notes flowing on a cool whispering breeze.