DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

In my case, looking back on it, I believe that for me as an individual going to 3 different schools in 3 different provinces in grade 6, and again repeating the same process of going to 3 different schools in 3 different provinces in grade 9 might be the 1 of 2 things which left me a little shy around people outside of work in my private life and perhaps led me into collecting music. Maybe the perceived stress of that which I harboured as a child is the thing which led me to embrace music as a form of escapism?

Also my family is a mixed family of French and English. My French side is the typical laid back do what you want side, and don’t worry about anything. The English side, in particular my grandparents, were the opposite of the French side. I remember being berated for not dressing right, or looking right and being told I need to improve my physical appearance as I was getting tubby for 1 year during puberty in their eyes as a young a 13 year old. Perhaps that is why I chose a line of work that includes wearing a suit every day with a bloody tie? Maybe that’s why now I place such emphasis on being healthy now as an adult?

I think at the end of the day, we are all looking for something. There was a line in Doctor Who a few weeks ago that I heard while watching it with my son that stuck with me for whatever reason; The Doctor says something along the lines of, ‘kids who have been damaged in some way are more aware of things going on around them and hear stuff that most people don’t’. Perhaps those 2 events were the things that attracted me to music? The idea that music is happy, and that I can hear happy/love and things can be good, and there is something else to make life a positive thing? Maybe that is what led to me collecting music? Well enough of this shit, I have meetings to go to in 40 minutes.

Cheers

well Charles J. White grab hold of the latest issue of classic rock there is a 20 page spectacular on The Doors add the Ozzy, Bryan Addams and Blues Pills and 16 track cd of so say psychedelic rock nuggets " To Blow Your Mind" too.. I`ve gone and done it again found two new amazing funked-up stoner rock `n` rollbands they are CORBOT and SIENA ROOT,

I`ve just been on youtube.com watching there vid`s for me there amazing. just been reading up on there musical output Siena Root stated out in the `90`s so they have more music out there to find. Corbot is new band there debut is out now. on cd or vinyl. I`ll be trying to obtain a copy soon as possible....

In my case, looking back on it, I believe that for me as an individual going to 3 different schools in 3 different provinces in grade 6, and again repeating the same process of going to 3 different schools in 3 different provinces in grade 9 might be the 1 of 2 things which left me a little shy around people outside of work in my private life and perhaps led me into collecting music. Maybe the perceived stress of that which I harboured as a child is the thing which led me to embrace music as a form of escapism?

Also my family is a mixed family of French and English. My French side is the typical laid back do what you want side, and don’t worry about anything. The English side, in particular my grandparents, were the opposite of the French side. I remember being berated for not dressing right, or looking right and being told I need to improve my physical appearance as I was getting tubby for 1 year during puberty in their eyes as a young a 13 year old. Perhaps that is why I chose a line of work that includes wearing a suit every day with a bloody tie? Maybe that’s why now I place such emphasis on being healthy now as an adult?

I think at the end of the day, we are all looking for something. There was a line in Doctor Who a few weeks ago that I heard while watching it with my son that stuck with me for whatever reason; The Doctor says something along the lines of, ‘kids who have been damaged in some way are more aware of things going on around them and hear stuff that most people don’t’. Perhaps those 2 events were the things that attracted me to music? The idea that music is happy, and that I can hear happy/love and things can be good, and there is something else to make life a positive thing? Maybe that is what led to me collecting music? Well enough of this shit, I have meetings to go to in 40 minutes.

Cheers

Charles, you might be a little shy, but you certainly don't possess a low I.Q. -- far from it. You also possess a tremendous amount of self-awareness and have a good heart. You're an excellent writer too.

well said Pagefan55, we`ve all some sort of damage within our own circle of life. so you`ve all now of my mental health problems some a little more than others. so I`ll put this darkness of a lonely, sad youth 13yrs old wishing and wanting his father to be alive as he`d only passed away 25/09/75 four weeks before my 14th birthday awaiting for ? I was an broken child when I was raped by three other boys older than myself this happened the day after my father passed away. what with all of that and the usual teenage crap, nothing seemed to be normal after that as I`d started hiding my inner self to safe myself for the pain I`ve suffered with only a hand full of true friends but upper most in my mind was I`d only be able to trust me and me a lone I`d even given my altar- ego a name "joker69" there is a little deepest darkest vile demon within the name just so I`d couldn't allow anyone else within my inner circle of close followers of all the broken angels, or as having always calling people like myself as " Bullet Proof Poets " , there was the untimely death of a greatest friend this was around the same time as the above ooh boy joker69 was in full flight and because I`d become distant towards even my close friends some walked away. it was a very slow rebuilding friendships back to the forefront where thankfully there back and the greatest best friends ever... so now this hippie tie-dye music junkie is happiest I`ve ever been for a long time so yes music was and is the worlds greatest friend you can possible ever have within you at all times like Led Zeppelin Song said " Good Times Bad Times " the music will set you free it may take you longer to get there but you will getting there faster than on your own... like Charles J. White says the idea of music can hear happy/love and good things. I now that's why I`ve been a music collecting geekfreak... LOL IQ low well yes...

well said Pagefan55, we`ve all some sort of damage within our own circle of life. so you`ve all now of my mental health problems some a little more than others. so I`ll put this darkness of a lonely, sad youth 13yrs old wishing and wanting his father to be alive as he`d only passed away 25/09/75 four weeks before my 14th birthday awaiting for ? I was an broken child when I was raped by three other boys older than myself this happened the day after my father passed away. what with all of that and the usual teenage crap, nothing seemed to be normal after that as I`d started hiding my inner self to safe myself for the pain I`ve suffered with only a hand full of true friends but upper most in my mind was I`d only be able to trust me and me a lone I`d even given my altar- ego a name "joker69" there is a little deepest darkest vile demon within the name just so I`d couldn't allow anyone else within my inner circle of close followers of all the broken angels, or as having always calling people like myself as " Bullet Proof Poets " , there was the untimely death of a greatest friend this was around the same time as the above ooh boy joker69 was in full flight and because I`d become distant towards even my close friends some walked away. it was a very slow rebuilding friendships back to the forefront where thankfully there back and the greatest best friends ever... so now this hippie tie-dye music junkie is happiest I`ve ever been for a long time so yes music was and is the worlds greatest friend you can possible ever have within you at all times like Led Zeppelin Song said " Good Times Bad Times " the music will set you free it may take you longer to get there but you will getting there faster than on your own... like Charles J. White says the idea of music can hear happy/love and good things. I now that's why I`ve been a music collecting geekfreak... LOL IQ low well yes...

Like Steve A Jones, you have shared something which is deeply personal which is rather brave of you.

right that's the day I`ve planned to change the way I`ve gotten to be more funnies, happiness, peacefully and caring human geek-freak... I`ve been through to many downers for far to long so I`m going to hide the joker for ever with the aid of my musical outpouring of top musicianship.... I`ve been also dusting off the classic horror movies on DVD too!... there as been a little giggling with shows last of the summer wine, on the buses, open all hours, the sound of laughter wow wee... sometime I`ve gotten to choices between the music/dvd or tv that's a long time pick which one help, I`ve been lucky self discovery with new musicians which is always wonderful...

well wee having a chillin` time with headphones on Ravi Shankar playing its disc one of 10 oooh yes plenty of chilling for geek dude!... also today in the post my copy of the latest issue of TBL magazine so doing a bit of reading in between surfing the net :hysterical: I`ve been to the doctors as having a feeling totally under the weather he says I`ve gotten a sickness bug ooh goody I`m seeing plenty of the new bathroom :hysterical: also no eating boo who... still on the bright side on WORK next few days :hysterical: that sounds cool to me having the time to sit chilling sounds, books and internet wow wee... isn't there more music options out there I`ve found a few to pass on any others out I`m missing out on its cool to be back in the land of the living music feast wishing there where more gigs on the arise on, but no not yet.. still I`ve a few in line... live is best I think so. isn't life of chilling so for filling the music playing in my ears as a magical mystical wonder so cool the sound of the sitar is a dreamer paradise... maybe there is a goggle moment coming along :running: now ... :wave:

You also possess a tremendous amount of self-awareness and have a good heart. You're an excellent writer too.

Pagefan55,

When you spend a number of years basically driving by yourself on the Trans-Canada highway between Toronto and Halifax, going east and west, and also spend as much time on the i95 from Halifax to Boston going north south, that means a lot of time being alone in a car or in hotel rooms, so it gives you plenty of time to evaluate what you have done right or wrong in your life and it gives you time to become self-aware otherwise you end up falling asleep out of boredom at the wheel and in a ditch – luckily, I have yet to put a car in the ditch. By the way, besides music, when on long drives, audio books are great to have as well.

well true to the albums titles the song remains the same, bat out of hell, brother and deepest ends all have a part to play in my everyday life today the only one missing is sadly the father-in-law as sadly become worries the doctors say its only a matter of time. I`m so worried for my wife hmm as the lose to deal with I`ll aid her with all I can give her. we are going to seek out the sunnier smile once we can again... I`ve gotten a few tasks to carry out later, isn't the more downtimes show you whom your closes family/friends are. its also when music helps with the stress... I`ve gotten a pile of music ready to play with the tasks too!...

Try and find things that she loves to do and maybe do stuff for her that she might have to do in her day to day life, allows her to free up more time, just an idea. It might make coping with the stress of a dad with cancer easier because she will have more strength to focus on the good times. Also be extra positive, even if you don't feel it on the inside, it might make her feel like she can get through it.

thanks Charles J, I`ll take all of that on board many thanks. the stress is me worrying about the good lady... which way to turn the light back on for her I`ll be watching all her classic girly movies, cooking the meals and the housework and listen to her childhood memories... well today I`ve finished the first tasks now I`m on disc3 of 10 Ravi Shankar wonderous music on the sitar... I`ve also listened to Spock`s Beards latest cd its worth checking out if you`ve a liking for the progressive rock music... I`ve also been re-reading the books written by Led Zeppelin wizard of the world of ZEP, Dave Lewis wow great reading. there are the two books on Knebworth and Over Europe too also there in the TBL Mag the underground cd`s to seek out to hear live ZEPPELIN totally a most for ZEPPELIN fans... I`ve been looking for yrs and found only found poor quality so I`m back on the trail... its cool having the forum friends I`ve gotten...

well its Zep`s physical graffiti blasting out... I`ve been totally absent from the mix of family so someone`s been saying don't now how or why... the music is helping me chilli to the crap a member is throwing at me for god nows what yet!... well I`ve been and ordered the Iron Maiden LP box set as some fucker as had my vinyl away basic backwards shithead, its one of three... friends like that whom need`s enemy`s you`ve all possible never had this stealing crap from people whom are so calling you friend aaaaaagh!!!... been on line checking out the websites for buying bootlegs I`ve narrowed it down to hopefully a very cool 30cd`s, this will for fill my live Zeppelin void for the time being, the dates I`ve ordered are `69 to `80`s a mixed lot... its also my birthday soon so that's the day the hi-fi will be getting a right blasting time... I`ve been listening to music today wow wee Ho Ho Ho its been the grateful dead, phish, widespread panic, zeppelin and Ravi so far... you`ve been lucky I`ve been given new med`s and so far so good... I`ve been totally disappointed with the television programme`s lately or I should say lack of them, like the boss sings " 57 channels and nothing on " another line states " in the blessed name of Elvis " than shoots up the TV cool but the cost of the new one... shouldn't haven't wont stop buying the Poppy because some nut balls having a fucking campaign of terror... will the weather is pretty good for October, I`d personnel couldn't care if the rain went away that's the only part of the weather I hate most... the rest I`d happily put up with LOL... right its almost time for the visiting the hospital see you all later...

well I`ve been and done it the first four Iron Maiden albums today from H.M.V cool metal albums by a top drawer band... later on its a wallowing in the bath with novel, squash, sweets, classic rock mag and personnel (full of a mixed music)ipod player, totally cool to me... I`ve been looking up on the neo-progressive rock band Marillion, which to tell the truth I`ve been into them from the start `80`s there name comes from the book by J.R.R Tolkin Silmarillion. the one fact that I`d forgotten was around the time the bands second album was in the final stages of production the name of it, the title which went on the cover was FUGAZI, the singer found the word in the book NAM by Mark Baker but the two other potential names where CHILDREN`S HOUR or my personnel fav AFTERTHOUGHTS GLOW AFTERWARDS the later one wasn't picked because of the closeness to the GENESIS song AFTERGLOW, the band where getting the Genesis tag a lot back than as FISH wore face make-up and told stories with acting. there was also the BANKS/HACKETT keyboards/guitar sound, but that was it. the new singer is doing a fab job, but is the Fish era for me... bowing the hands of friendship sometimes isn't the greatest piece of a good first to choice as I`ve now it can turned a round and bitten me the biggest ever, why I`m saying this is the lose of personnel items stolen from my home manly music items... will there be a time within the space, colourful, monumental musical masterful music within the cosmic lifelines of time from ones I`d start this musical flight of wonderous musicianship I`d never felt more lost whenever I`ve not played any music at all...

I walked in the house maybe 20 minutes ago, picked up for my son his skis "training" skis he just needs, what an expensive sport this. Daughter wanted me to buy her new clothes, and of course the Mrs wanted a few odds and ends. It really is wonderful seeing the smile on there face when you can give them what they want. From 10 AM until 1:50 shopping. The best part is, I bought myself nothing but a bottle of water. It feels sort of neat just seeing how excited they get when its all about them.

well I`ve been and done it the first four Iron Maiden albums today from H.M.V cool metal albums by a top drawer band... later on its a wallowing in the bath with novel, squash, sweets, classic rock mag and personnel (full of a mixed music)ipod player, totally cool to me... I`ve been looking up on the neo-progressive rock band Marillion, which to tell the truth I`ve been into them from the start `80`s there name comes from the book by J.R.R Tolkin Silmarillion. the one fact that I`d forgotten was around the time the bands second album was in the final stages of production the name of it, the title which went on the cover was FUGAZI, the singer found the word in the book NAM by Mark Baker but the two other potential names where CHILDREN`S HOUR or my personnel fav AFTERTHOUGHTS GLOW AFTERWARDS the later one wasn't picked because of the closeness to the GENESIS song AFTERGLOW, the band where getting the Genesis tag a lot back than as FISH wore face make-up and told stories with acting. there was also the BANKS/HACKETT keyboards/guitar sound, but that was it. the new singer is doing a fab job, but is the Fish era for me... bowing the hands of friendship sometimes isn't the greatest piece of a good first to choice as I`ve now it can turned a round and bitten me the biggest ever, why I`m saying this is the lose of personnel items stolen from my home manly music items... will there be a time within the space, colourful, monumental musical masterful music within the cosmic lifelines of time from ones I`d start this musical flight of wonderous musicianship I`d never felt more lost whenever I`ve not played any music at all...

Genesis is a band I need to get into, there are another one which I sort of missed out on for whatever reason

yes there a cool band Genesis, listen to the albums are Foxtrot, Genesis Live and Wind & Wuthering... don't now if you`ll like Marillion but if you like to test the water seek out the albums

Script For A Jester`s Tear, Misplaced Childhood and Real To Reel for he Fish era. I`ll get back to you about the Steve Hogarth era... if you find that you like the Fish era I`ll pass on to you more of his solo albums which I`ve been a fan from the start till now... his latest output is his highest enlightened album or you`ll also hear the swansong of his career, its sheer bloody poetry

the title is " A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES " the song titles will give you a hint of the subject matter within the song, here`s a few to see if you get what I mean:

PURFUME RIVER

ALL LOVED UP

THE LEAVING

HIGH WOOD

A FEAST OF CONSEQUENCES

the album comes in standard cd, limited hardback book cd/dvd and vinyl as to tell youthe truth I`ve gotten the book as its tell the stories of the writing of the feast. which is for me wonderous you`ll now as you sound the same as I reading about music and listening too!... isn't the Sunday a bit of a let down as it`ll be Monday before you now it...

Hmmm yes you`re right, ha I`ve just been looking for the topic this or that... ok well I`m all Zeppelin out loads of music cool yeah... so now I`ve been surfing the net bored to tears now, watching sort of Despicable Me ok its a favourite of mine... on the music front it will be Fish AFOC ...

:hysterical: yes Charles J. White, always the man to make a great point of view... well its a day of missed out parts of the weekend boo who, there isn't the time to do all you`d wish to be doing...

listen to the knowledge 0f the great philosophy`s which isn`t hard to seek out the books to seek out the great thinkers, I`ve been flicking through the pages of the book I`ve gotten just to find out if there is or isn't more knowledge within the pages... today there isn't anything going on :hysterical: so :wave:

well todays so far been a pain in the arse, due to answering the phone and all there was a call centre dickhead, as my father-in-law is in hospital I`m answering every time but the funnies that once tell them about hospital they still go on so now I`ve started ending the call... I`ve been thinking that person whom work in call centres must be brain dead... well I`ve been as cool as I`ve possible could`ve been when a salesmen call around as when you`ve been on nightshift and little sleep as shithead as woken you up, ooh boy did he get it once he realised he knocked on the wrong door he just started to walk away so I give him both barrels... well haven't been able to for fill my time with reading, music or anything I`m aiding my wonderful wife through all her heartache she is holding it all together, once she`s ready I`ll take her away for a weekend break as I now she`s needed one... arrrgh well tonight I`ve gotten a new boss let`s see how its all going to be a like... I`ve flick through a philosophy book of mine a little " the consciousness puzzle " conscious mind something over and above, what is going on physically or is it itself physical?... I`ll have to seek out the answer to that enlightening question... will there ever be friends like you all here many thanks...

quote:

philosophy is a battle against the

bewitchment of our intelligence

by means of language ( Ludwig Wittgenstein philosophical investigations )

or

the mind... must be turned away

from the world of change ( and the senses) until its eye can...

look straight at reality. ( Plato, Republic )

or

you are your brain ( professor Susan Greenfield )

wow I`ve never been more better within my own skin with all of my inner healing power of self inner knowledge, wife and friends...

This week is a sad week for me, it is the anniversary of my Dads death on the 12th, and It would have been my Mums birthday on the 14th, they were together since they were 16, they both died within a few months of each other when they were 84.......Sad week ahead for me, deep thinking wise, you think about things you have done in the past which upset them.........Well I have done lots of things......the only member of the family to get divorced, convicted of drink driving......A week of reflection for me.

Edited by Plantpothead

Plantpothead, don't be to hard on yourself most of us here will have a few regrets with loved ones there aren't to me families whom haven`t gotten a member that as been divorced as I`ve two members whom have been divorced one twice so you see. sadly I`m in possible to help with the convicted for the drink driving sorry dude. but on a personnel note how you been other than reflection of your mum and dad, I`ve been meaning to ask do you enjoy reading the likes POE/LOVECRAFT, having I`ve found a few new bands you my wish to check out, they are

blues pills, earthless, heavy blanket, siena root and corbot. haven't you now any to pass on to us all... I`m also listening to Ravi Shanakar, Rod Stewart, and the prog band Spock`s Beard...

the music of Rod is his the great American songbook cd`s volumes 1,2.3 & 4 totally dig them....

Quote:

it would not be possible...

that I shouldn't have in me

the idea of a GOD

if GOD didn't really EXIST.

OR

man is a rope stretched between

the animal and the superman -

a rope over an abyss ( Friedrich Niezsche )

OR

standing around in the rain willingly

get you WET...