DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

Well it's interesting. Father's day came and went and my son didn't even notice which I guess is not a big deal because he is only 12, but I thought for sure at some point during the day he might mention but didn't. Maybe it's because he is young, maybe I'm not the dad I thought I was. It's odd because when I was a kid I really wanted to impress my dad, and I guess kids today think differently. It's so fucked up, the older I get, the more I'm becoming a groovy disbeliever. Thought for sure in my 20's and 30's I knew the answers to the world and now I'm just sort of stuck in a slipstream watching the world and people around me not knowing anything.

That is kind of odd. Usually you can count on school reminding kids of certain holidays. When I was a kid, making handmade Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, and Thanksgiving Day cards always seemed to be a part of schoolwork, so we never forgot.

I guess schools...and kids...are different today. Still, I would have thought your wife would have reminded your son about Father's Day.

^ Sad to hear, and I relate to your thoughts on this, Strider. But schools are not responsible for teaching kids to be thoughtful of their parents. It sounds like Charles provides well for his family, and treats them to hobbies and excursions that many of us never had. Yet, a homemade card or simple offer to do something nice, would be priceless in this case.

^^ Update - GREAT NEWS as Babs got an important health update today and he's out of the worst of it. Looks to be in the clear. Really, thanks very much to all who had some positive thoughts towards him.

Thinking of you in the light as I blare this with thankfulness about your good tidings and health, Babs! :friends::beer:

http://youtu.be/DR8lZhHcCOo

Glad to read this about your friend, babs. Hope all is clear going forward!

That is kind of odd. Usually you can count on school reminding kids of certain holidays. When I was a kid, making handmade Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, and Thanksgiving Day cards always seemed to be a part of schoolwork, so we never forgot.

I guess schools...and kids...are different today. Still, I would have thought your wife would have reminded your son about Father's Day.

^ Sad to hear, and I relate to your thoughts on this, Strider. But schools are not responsible for teaching kids to be thoughtful of their parents. It sounds like Charles provides well for his family, and treats them to hobbies and excursions that many of us never had. Yet, a homemade card or simple offer to do something nice, would be priceless in this case.

Well the good news he said to me just before he fell asleep and I quote, "hey dad, happy father's day", so I don't feel like such a loser after all.

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts are with our UK friends and loved ones, particularly those directly affected, on this, the tenth anniversary of the London bombings.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/07/uk-comes-to-standstill-as-it-marks-10-years-since-77-attacks

For those struggling, may you find the light xoxo

I hadn't realized the date. RIP to the victims and pray for healing for the survivors, family members, and friends.

human rights springs to mind...

I know, but that Finsbury Park Mosque in London is unlike any other, it really is a dangerous place - there is that guy with the hook for a hand who is always yelling in a megaphone, calling for the end of England. I find the whole idea of it upsetting

I know, but that Finsbury Park Mosque in London is unlike any other, it really is a dangerous place - there is that guy with the hook for a hand who is always yelling in a megaphone, calling for the end of England. I find the whole idea of it upsetting

yep I`m with you on that but...the human rights people will be up in arms pleading unfair legal shit.

well what the hells been going on around the crazies of this world haven't we learned a thing...its another day in paradise for us not its always the underrated bollocks of the rich, where everyday is sunny and bright...I`ve been learning all about this new job I`ve lost interest in most of life`s more pleasurable outlets in life music, reading, friends and television/movies so maybe its why I`m slipping backwards towards the bleak parts. so I`ll dish out the music in the car, once home pull out a book, headphones and running out the misery...ooh bloody well right its couldn't be any better than that....longish times from the fold back on form sooner than later yes...

I think you will find old Captain Hook is languishing in a US jail.

Took us years to get rid of the ugly motherfucker but he kept signing on. And his human rights was infringed when he didn't get his housing benefit raised as he moved to a 6 bedroom house in London. Thankfully, we saw sense and exported him to the US, where if he isn't doing time, he wil be relaxing on a veranda somewhere stroking his beard and watching the test series. Anyway if he needs a job he can be employed on a "Hook a Duck" stand at your local state fair.

I think you will find old Captain Hook is languishing in a US jail.

Took us years to get rid of the ugly motherfucker but he kept signing on. And his human rights was infringed when he didn't get his housing benefit raised as he moved to a 6 bedroom house in London. Thankfully, we saw sense and exported him to the US, where if he isn't doing time, he wil be relaxing on a veranda somewhere stroking his beard and watching the test series. Anyway if he needs a job he can be employed on a "Hook a Duck" stand at your local state fair.

like it chillumpuffer...

I'd love to see him wiping his arse after a crap!!!!

yes that wold be funny...

well what the hells been going on around the crazies of this world haven't we learned a thing...its another day in paradise for us not its always the underrated bollocks of the rich, where everyday is sunny and bright...I`ve been learning all about this new job I`ve lost interest in most of life`s more pleasurable outlets in life music, reading, friends and television/movies so maybe its why I`m slipping backwards towards the bleak parts. so I`ll dish out the music in the car, once home pull out a book, headphones and running out the misery...ooh bloody well right its couldn't be any better than that....longish times from the fold back on form sooner than later yes...

I don't believe that every day is sunny and bright for the rich geekfreak,now if I was rich................ Never lose interest in music, as I said in my other post give Half Man Half Biscuit a listen, they will bring a smile back to your face.

Charles. You're right. Sometimes, it doesn't make sense as we can grasp.
It's hard to be strong when others can't feel the severity of your pain. It be my hope that you can draw some strength from those around you and friends that you have here, as you endure this emptiness in this, your time of mourning.

I'm so very for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you, my friend.

I don't believe that every day is sunny and bright for the rich geekfreak,now if I was rich................ Never lose interest in music, as I said in my other post give Half Man Half Biscuit a listen, they will bring a smile back to your face.

yeah you are right it was me having a grip or two...

well the mixed up gibberish mind of one times two or is that 1000% of the outer regencies...where only the darkest, blackest, moodiest, vile, violent thoughts aren't allowed out of the reach`s of its inner prison cells of the mind...another unnerving thought is if someone was to figure out through the album titles what`s what within your inner self likely they`d state I`m a totally avid member of the lobotomies...see what you think then?

Marillion = Misplaced Childhood

Pink Floyd = The Wall

Judas Priest = Sin After Sin

Soil Work = Stabbing The Drama

In Flames = Soundtrack To Your Escape

Miles Davis = Kind Of Blue

Satyricon = Now Diabolical

Marillion = Fugazi

do you think of ????????????????????????????????...

see if you`ve the crazies within your own minds eyes you`ll now what`s what there there yeah!