DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

Charles. You're right. Sometimes, it doesn't make sense as we can grasp.

It's hard to be strong when others can't feel the severity of your pain. It be my hope that you can draw some strength from those around you and friends that you have here, as you endure this emptiness in this, your time of mourning.

I'm so very for your loss. My deepest sympathy to you, my friend.

All is good, it had me for a few hours, but I moved on. How it happened was the part that made me upset, not so much the end result. But I spent some time with his wife and we shared a few tears together and I came out of it stronger. I used to think crying was for pussies, but I don't think that way anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and Daughters are in Italy in the hot sun, I am in Liverpool drinking Old Empire IPA, who's having the best time??????? They are of course, but I am listening to the better music.

That's thing, you can be anywhere, and some good tunes will make a cap day better, and good day a great day!

My wife and Daughters are in Italy in the hot sun, I am in Liverpool drinking Old Empire IPA, who's having the best time??????? They are of course, but I am listening to the better music.

Not to mention Liverpool won yesterday!

Not to mention Liverpool won yesterday!

Careful there Strider, PPH is a Blue not a Red, Everton is his team and they didn't win, well they didn't lose either. You could be lighting a fuse there.

Good win for Liverpool in a match that coul have gone either way, Courtnio's sensational goal minutes from the end of the game, a valuable three points in the bag. A win in the first game of the season will give the team a boost too. If you read this jPPH, remember it's only a game....hee hee.

Edited by JTM

Careful there Strider, PPH is a Blue not a Red, Everton is his team and they didn't win, well they didn't lose either. You could be lighting a fuse there.

Good win for Liverpool in a match that coul have gone either way, Courtnio's sensational goal minutes from the end of the game, a valuable three points in the bag. A win in the first game of the season will give the team a boost too. If you read this jPPH, remember it's only a game....hee hee.

Oooops...my bad. Sorry PPH. Obviously I wasn't thinking deep enough.

well its been a fairly long time since I been around. but it was a loaded mixed strange trippy and madness bits. but there`s some thinks when I`d wax on and on about the trials of geekfreak, I`ve condemned my woofing to a private notebook wow ink disappearing faster than light...there`s no change in the MUSIC...

its like a strange icon of mixed up the generous genres= thrash, classic, punk, soul, blues and so on. the other staying the same Gov`t SUCKS.... post-25738-0-53176400-1439467582_thumb.jpost-25738-0-73993700-1439467650_thumb.ppost-25738-0-42404800-1439467788.jpg

well its been a fairly long time since I been around. but it was a loaded mixed strange trippy and madness bits. but there`s some thinks when I`d wax on and on about the trials of geekfreak, I`ve condemned my woofing to a private notebook wow ink disappearing faster than light...there`s no change in the MUSIC...

its like a strange icon of mixed up the generous genres= thrash, classic, punk, soul, blues and so on. the other staying the same Gov`t SUCKS.... attachicon.gifimagesCANV2SQM.jpgattachicon.gifuntitled (86).pngattachicon.gifimagesCA7NP7SI.jpg

I know a chick who was forever going on about Depeche Mode, I never got it, but I have been making an effort to listen to them and try and find a gem or 2

I know a chick who was forever going on about Depeche Mode, I never got it, but I have been making an effort to listen to them and try and find a gem or 2

there maybe 1/2 gems...not a fan dude...LOL

been lucky in the vinyl/cd/music magazine buying stakes there`s a vast pile of vinyl`s/cd`s to listen to lucky only three magazines. also been surfing the images on the net...

It is a real pity that the author of this article was raised in a racist environment. This article that I came across at random, gave me a real jolt and truly, got me thinking today, as my son could have potentially been raised in such a hostile environment, thanks to my 1st husband's 'outlook' on life! Luckily, I ended my marriage before he could cause ever lasting damage. To me, this article is some serious food for thought, so I thought of posting it here.

Source : http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-weird-things-you-learn-when-youre-raised-to-be-racist/

I Was Raised As A Racist: 6 Weird Things I Learned

Several years ago, a young woman was murdered in my normally crime-free hometown. The initial reaction was the typical, "Oh my God, that's horrible," and then they'd go about their day. When information leaked that the suspect might have been a Mexican immigrant who was rumored to be here illegally, the police had to double their efforts to prevent an actual 1700's-style lynch mob from forming. And no, I'm not just overreacting to a group of people talking shit about how they'd like to get some revenge on the guy ... they were legitimately forming groups to track down and kill him, based totally on something their supervisor at Dairy Queen told them.

That's the atmosphere I've grown up in my whole life. I was raised to be a racist, and for the past 30 years, I've been slowly reprogramming the backwards-ass logic that I was taught. After decades of introspection, I've found some crap that's so surreal, it would make Salvador Dali projectile vomit melted clocks. In order to fully grasp it, though, you first have to understand ...

#6. How It Happens

I think that very few people are so cartoonishly evil that they sit their kids down and give them long lectures on why other cultures are a threat to our glowing, angel-white way of life. I'm not saying that those people don't exist, but for the most part becoming a racist is all about slightly more subtle conditioning. Just like every other facet of your life, it's all learned when you're a kid: your taste in food, music, clothes ... the way you interact with other people, your most devastating wrestling finishing move. The lessons you learn back then are as embedded into your brain as capillaries are in your skin.

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but it's important to acknowledge this as the starting point, because when a 6-year-old kid makes a racist comment, he's not doing it with the ability to internally debate complex ideas and vocalize the results. He's repeating something he heard that made an adult react in a positive way. Dad saying that "the easiest way to kill a [Latino person] is to starve him by hiding his food stamps under his work boots" made the whole room laugh. A comment about an interracial couple got all the adults talking about who deserves more to be shot: the "[*****]-loving white cunt" or "that fucking [whatever animal they choose to dehumanize another race]." When you see and hear this enough, your tiny, stupid child brain thinks, "I want to make dad laugh. I want to be included in the adult group." So you repeat what you've heard, and sure enough everyone in the room is laughing because this innocent little kid just said some extremely dark shit. It's like laughing at a toddler who just picked up on a curse word and keeps saying it because every time he does, someone laughs -- and not because he understands what "rimjob" means.

I don't think that point can be overstated, because it's not just about wanting attention. When you hand mom and dad a report card with good grades, their pride is a showing of attention. When you ask your uncle to tell you more about the time he and his brothers beat a black man nearly to death with bricks because he made a pass at their sister, their inclusion of you in that conversation shows acceptance.

Over time, those stories -- and even the dumb jokes -- begin to shape how you actually picture other cultures. Black people are no longer just normal humans like you. They're cartoons: unemployed criminals who constantly play basketball and steal our white women. Dating a black person is a sin on par with child molestation. And on the rare occasion that our school had a black student, if they so much as looked at a white person romantically, it was our duty to "correct" that. Mexicans become job thieves who are only really qualified to mow our lawns and clean our houses. The only food they've ever eaten are tacos, and they scream "AYE YAE YAE" a lot. Given, I did know a Mexican guy who did that, but he just liked screwing with people because he thought it was funny. And it was.

Keep in mind that this is all incubating inside the mind of an 8-year-old child. Those thoughts are taking root and establishing themselves as an actual moral foundation. The longer that goes unchecked, the stronger it gets. Especially if you grow up in a town like mine, where if you talk about "the black guy," everyone immediately knows who that is. There's no interaction with other cultures to stomp out those stereotypes, so your worldview is shaped by the punchlines of half-assed jokes and the rantings of drunken uncles.

#5. So How Do You Escape It?

This is the weirdest part of growing up in a racist family, and a racist environment as a whole (at least in my own experience): Even though their biggest form of racism was against black people, they all had black friends and black heroes. My dad's four favorite shows at the time were The Jeffersons,Good Times, Sanford And Son, and, strangely, Soul Train. He never missed an episode. When I was a kid, our closest family friends were a black family ... who were, ironically, named the Jeffersons.

It was the same with all of my friends. Their favorite comedians were Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy. I know very few of them who didn't own and blast an NWA cassette while cruising through town. The point is, they're not Confederate-flag-waving, white-power advocates. The racism I saw was often hidden behind closed doors or confined to private conversations. In fact, if you were to ask any of these people if they considered themselves racists, not one of them would say yes. Even though it was commonplace to hear my dad telling stories about beating up, specifically, black guys after playing against them in a high school basketball game. Or a friend's dad giving his opinion on Mexicans in general by saying, "Leave their corpses by the fence and let Border Patrol sort it out." Nope. Absolutely nothing racist about that at all.

Even when we're not talking about full-on violence, it was understood that jokes and racially charged statements were to be made privately, or at least in all-white circles. This is important because, even though it's conditioning you to be a racist yourself, it's teaching you at the same time that this isn't behavior that's suitable in public. The first time I realized this was around age 10. I was sitting on the porch with my uncle, and we saw a young black woman walking down the block. My uncle turned to me and said in a quiet voice, "What's happenin', jive sista?" Because this was the 1980s, and the stereotype at the time was that every black person was Shaft. Yes, it was lame, even by a racist's standards, which made it pretty much the dumbest insult we could have picked. We might as well have just pointed at her and yelled, "YOU'RE BLACK! HAHAHAHA!"

Compared to the examples I've given so far about physical violence, this seems pretty mild, right? That's what I thought as a 10-year-old when I deduced that if the comment made my uncle laugh, surely it would make that woman laugh, too. So I yelled it out. Loud. She did not laugh. In fact, she turned her eyes to the sidewalk and picked up her pace. I didn't realize it at the time, but she was scared.

My uncle was mortified. He grabbed me by the arm and scolded me loud enough so that the woman could hear. In hindsight, I realize that he was doing this so that she knew he was totally against this sort of blatantly racist behavior. But all I could think at the time was, "What did I do? You just said the same thing two seconds ago!" He pulled me into the house and told my dad. And the most shocking thing to me was that my father, who was one of the most vehemently racist people I've ever met, was also embarrassed. We're talking about the same man who, according to my mom, once tried to punch her in the stomach when she was seven-months pregnant because in the heat of an argument, she told him, "I hope this baby comes out black."

That was a huge turning point for me, because I started to question every dumb joke we'd ever made about ... well, name a race. Not white, though. White people are the setup -- rarely the punchline. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't oblivious to the idea that what we were doing was mean as shit. I understood that when we made jokes and comments like that, it was making fun of someone's race. But it didn't register with me until right then that if these kinds of things were bad to say in public, why are we saying them at all? It was the first time I remember thinking, "Wait a minute ... we're all dicks!"

As you get older, that idea grows and eats away at you. It's not some deep, introspective debate. It's a series of little observations and red flags that pop up from time to time and make you think, "This isn't how I've been imagining these people." And, one by one, those racist ideas that you've been taught, directly or indirectly, all start to smell like horseshit. Slowly, you start to transition away from being racist. And here's where almost everyone gets that transition wrong ...

#4. You're Not Instantly "Cured" Of Racism

When you picture a reformed racist, it's easy to imagine that person having one life-changing "holy shit" moment. Then it's like weeding a garden: You just start pulling out those bad thoughts en masse, until your mind is left with nothing but marigolds and tulips and racially ambiguous garden gnomes. But, in reality, it's a lot closer to planting the seeds of a much more favorable, productive plant and waiting as it grows and slowly chokes out the root system of those other weeds. It's a process, and it moves as slow as a cheese-platter shit.

Yeah, you might not actually hate other races, but you still have a ton of thoughts, images, assumptions, and stereotypes floating around in your head, and you likely won't even recognize most of them as being racist at all until you say them out loud and someone calls you out on it. And, man, being called out on it is just the worst feeling. Well, aside from actually being the victim of racism. I'd imagine that's probably a worse feeling.

You find yourself making up the most bizarre excuses in order to avoid admitting that what you said or did was wrong. For example, not more than five years ago, I owned a small, throw-away site where I was experimenting with writing as an extremely specific character called "The Angry Truck Washer." He was based on a real job that I had just left, washing semis and dealing with truckers all day, and that character was my way of dumping all of the rage that I had built up over the years. I know it sounds stupid, but it was better than spray-painting dicks on the sides of their trailers.

As this character, I wrote an article about how much we, as employees, hated foreign truckers. Specifically, ones from India. I went on a very long rant about how cheap they were. About how bad it smelled when they opened their doors to get out. I ranted about how picky they were with the service and how none of them got their truck cleaned until the Department Of Transportation forced them to. I talked about how when we saw a truck pulling into the driveway with an "Indian name" written on the side, every one of us would roll our eyes and say, "Fuck." At its core, I was saying pretty blatantly that Indian people were filthy, smelly, cheap assholes who take care of themselves or their property only when they're legally forced to. And we hated them. All of them.

A few days after posting that article, one of my old friends called me out on it. He didn't mince words -- he came right at me with how blatantly racist the article was. No, wait, not how racist the article was ... how racist I was. I was about as pissed off as I've ever been.

How dare he call me a racist? I defended that the voice of the story was told through a fictional narrator who was racist. I said that the whole point was to hate that character because of how racist he was. I tried to explain it away as if I wasn't talking about people from India ... I was talking about truckers from India. I blamed him for not being smart enough to see what I was doing. Not once did I admit or even consider the idea that I was wrong.

The truth is, I was absolutely wrong. We're talking Jenny McCarthy levels of wrong. I was hiding behind a "character" (who was obviously meant to be me) in order to write about things that I couldn't say under my own, real name. And this was a full 25 years after I had originally realized that "racist" was something I didn't want to be. To anyone from India, I sincerely apologize. And to the person who called me out, I apologize to you as well. It was not only wrong of me to write the things that I did, but it was wrong of me to blame and strike back at a person who was standing up for what was right.

And that brings up a point that I don't think many people really understand ...

#3. When You Stand Up Against It, You're Considered The Bad Guy

Standing up against racism in public is hard, but at least you know that, in that setting, you'll probably have like-minded people backing you up. Even in article form, I don't have to debate with a single person who disagrees with me. I can just say my piece, drop the mic, and walk the hell out of the room. Standing up to friends and family is a whole other monster.

In a family like mine (or even when hanging out with a friend's family), when someone makes a racist joke or comment, it's pretty much accepted that nobody else in the room is going to be offended. In fact, they'll probably laugh their asses off at the joke, or vehemently agree with the comment. "Amen, brother! Dump their asses back in Africa and see how long it takes them to change their minds about 'oppression'!"

Even if you don't take a grandstanding approach in voicing your offense, simply making the slightest expression of disapproval instantly makes you the bad guy. You're telling these people that they're wrong, and that's considered an attack. "Who the hell do you think you are? I'm a grown man; I can say whatever the hell I want! If you don't like it, leave the room, you uppity prick!" Because even in a house full of racists, the word "racist" itself is an insult. Key & Peele put it best when they said, "'Racist' is the N-word for white people."

This is a problem, because once you've begun that transition away from racism yourself, you feel obligated to correct those who haven't. Especially the people you know and love. But choosing when and where those battles take place is damn near ulcer-inducing. Most of the time, I just take the coward's way out. I make up an excuse to leave early, and then I slink out the front door, knowing I won't see any of these people again until next year's Christmas party: the designated time for racist family discussions.

I know it's wrong. By doing this, I'm a part of the problem.

Every time I leave one of those family gatherings, I always wonder if they even know how racist they're actually being. That sounds like a weird thing to wonder, when I just heard them all having a conversation about "those fucking [Middle Easterners] who moved into town" and how "every last one of those people need wiped off of the face of the planet." But, again, ask any of them if they consider themselves racist, and they'll genuinely reply, "No."

That in turn makes me wonder about what sorts of things are going on in my own head that I'm just plain oblivious to. And because of that ...

#2. You Become Hyper Aware Of Race

If I'm within earshot of any person who isn't white, I constantly question every thought that enters my head, and every word that comes out of my mouth. Even right now, I'm questioning whether or not my use of the phrase "black people" is racist. Should I have said "African American"? "People of color"? "Dark-skinned"? "Melanin-enhanced"? Was that melanin joke offensive? Should I delete that?
That's not meant as a "poor me" observation. I'm saying that I've been wrong for so long, I've developed this weird neurosis about it. I've been at jobs where every single person in the entire building is white, except for one customer who needs to talk to the manager. But when the manager asks which person needs help, I'll go out of my way to not describe him as "black." Even though it's the most obvious, efficient, quickest way to point him out, it still feels like I'm reducing his value down to his race.

Instead, I'll be like, "He's the tall guy on the third stool by the window. He's wearing a blue flannel shirt. Not the guy on the left who's also wearing a blue flannel shirt, but the one on the right." My description is usually interrupted with, "The black guy? He's the only black guy in here. Just say that." I'm well aware of how stupid this sounds to most people. But shit like this comes up all the time.

The worst example for me is the insanely surreal phenomenon where a white guy will change the way he speaks when talking to a black guy. I call it Quentin Tarantino Syndrome, and we've covered this before in a video that will make you want to punch him in the face ... even more than you likely already do:

It's so cringe-worthy, I can't stay in the room when someone starts doing it. Not because I think the guy is "pretending to be black" (which is a phrase I'd be happy to see wiped from human speech forever) but because it's like he thinks that a black person won't be able to accept him unless he speaks with that obviously fake accent. Every time it happens, I want to tell everyone in the room, "I am so sorry for that. I know it wasn't me who did it, but I feel like I need to apologize on behalf of my entire race."

But the truth is, I've done it too. Maybe not with changing my accent to sound like I come from the mean streets of Chicago, but most certainly with my phrasing ... trying to sound more laid-back and "cool." I'll consciously remove larger words from my speech, even though when I'm talking to white people, I purposely add them in. For some weird reason, I use the word "man" a lot more. I have no idea why. But there's a conscious attempt to "sound less white" when I'm around anyone of another race -- which is just racist slang for "dumbing myself down." It may not be in-your-face racism, but it all boils down to this universally racist idea: "I have a different set of rules for these people." And that is enough to remind me that ...

#1. Racism Stays With You Forever

To this day, if I meet a black person who listens to alternative music, it blows my mind. I know I'm bending to the will of a crazy stereotype when it happens, and I always feel ashamed of myself for being surprised, but it never fails to feel jarring. Back in my heyday, I used to drink with a Mexican family from time to time, and when I first found out that they drank vodka instead of tequila, my whole worldview shattered. The fact that they only had one "Mexican night" for dinner, just like every other family I knew, almost broke my brain.

I had this picture in my head of the mom, rolling out tortillas from scratch because that shit goes with damn near everything in Mexican cooking, and my mental image was always "impoverished woman inhabiting a kitchen." So chalk one up for sexism, too. But when we got to talking about food, she was like, "Um, no. I buy that at the store like everyone else. And I only use them once every few weeks on the rare occasion that we make tacos. Now if you could be so kind as to hand me my sombrero and maracas ..." She was a wonderful smartass.

I find little things like this popping up in my head all the time, though. For the most part, I do catch them and remind myself that I'm fundamentally stupid. But, every once in a while, some extremely dumbass thought will jam its dick into the butthole of my mind, and some racist idea will make total sense to me. "I can make this racist joke because anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a racist. So there's a second meta level to the joke, in which the fact that I'm a non-racist telling a racist joke actually makes fun of racists as a whole, and ... "

That is until I vocalize it and offend someone and make an idiot out of myself. Or I just think about it long enough that my brain finally intervenes and says, "You can't be this dumb. Here's the answer: You're wrong."

I have a feeling that I'll be doing that for the rest of my life. It's easy to blame it all on my upbringing, but I've had 30 years since then to experience life and get rid of those destructive, ridiculous thoughts. And I'm still learning.

I'm not saying that everyone reading this article has racist tendencies. I'm saying that, for those who do and want to change, admitting it and talking about it is a pretty decent step in the right direction. You may feel like an idiot, and you might offend some of the people who take part in that discussion, but isn't that better than letting that shit fester in your head and then passing it along to your own kids?

At the very least, it's worth it to understand those other cultures before the inevitable race war happens and we're all destroyed by sombreros, basketballs, and Asians wielding calculators and shooting us with their Super Math.

Edited by Emily008

^^^

I always chuckle over these self loathing articles written by white people who sit in their 21st century Ikea filled apartments and sipping their Starbucks coffee contemplating on how they are so much better than their white parents and grandparents because at the very least they have accepted their white guilt. It's so easy to claim superior morality without ever really being tested. I just wonder if placed in a time machine if these same folks would have been the minority of really superior moral people who hid Jews from the Nazis or were abolishionists? How do we really know if they are sincere--- it all just sounds like empty talk.

So being a racist jerk isn't a character flaw?

That can't be directed at me can it? I'm not a racist, I just don't believe I have anything to be guilty about because of the color of skin I was born with.

You are definitely "guilty" of spewing and espousing your one dimensional opinions on a very broad and large aspect of these topics in the Ramble On section of this Great and Awesome Led Zeppelin Forum. Now that I said that, I seem to believe that you are nothing more than a rabble rouser who desires to stir up trouble and engage in "conflict" with the many others that do not adhere to your sometimes very much "inane" posts.

I could be wrong but have you ever posted a comment in all the other sections on this forum? Have you ever posted a positive comment about Led Zeppelin?

Edited to add: Wooderson was a great and funny character in the movie "Dazed and Confused". He was a very easy going and chill person who liked to party. You on the other hand seem to be the very opposite of him. You might want to change your avatar to someone who is more like your real personality. Someone who always thinks that what they say/type is always right and everyone else is always wrong. Maybe Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin is more of who you represent. That would seem to fit your personality more than Wooderson or the real Matthew McConaughey.

Edited by kingzoso

Hey Professor, why don't you save your rant for "Emily08" who posted the 20 paragraph article on "white guilt" before you go off half cocked again buddy. She brought it up in a generic thread that was not about Led Zeppelin. So why don't YOU stop stirring trouble where there wasn't any trouble---- or are "one dimensional opinions" only allowed as long as they are liberal progressive opinions?

Go back and read My edited post. I realized I had more to say to you. You may not like it but I will always stand by what I say/type.

Hey Professor, why don't you save your rant for "Emily08" who posted the 20 paragraph article on "white guilt" before you go off half cocked again buddy. She brought it up in a generic thread that was not about Led Zeppelin. So why don't YOU stop stirring trouble where there wasn't any trouble---- or are "one dimensional opinions" only allowed as long as they are liberal progressive opinions?

Is this the thought police in action?

Post what you want. Just don't expect everyone to be impressed by or value your opinion. What part of this don't you understand?

I read your "edited post" and your comments about Hitler and Stalin. If that is what you are going to "stand on" then that's on you. However about 60 million dead people would probably disagree with you.

Oh and BTW, I didn't see the rule where my avatar required me to clear it with you first.

Consider yourself on permanent ignore.

I will say only two more things:

1. I can honestly say that I am on no Meds whatsoever and never have been. That is the truth. If I was I would admit to it.

2. How does "permanent ignore" function? Does that mean that I will no longer be able to view your often insipid and inane posts that you reply to others real and logical posts? I am really fascinated that I have been on "permanent ignore" by you as I have never been subjected to this before (I don't think).

LONG LIVE LED ZEPPELIN. RUSH. SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS!!!

Really??? You are going to start calling me Adolph Hitler now just because I am not a liberal progressive. Are you fucking out of your mind? Not only are you an asshole, but you certainly must not have read a history book if you are going to compare mass murderers to somebody who you have simple differences of opinion with in a general discussion thread.

Having trouble keeping your meds in order? Grow up.

Let me get this straight. You have a wife and a job and a life and are more invested in those important things than reactions from this forum. OK.

For the record, Hitler had some ties to modern conservatism:

1. Spent a boatload on his defense/military

2. His anti-semitism somewhat mirrors modern conservative pro-Christian attitudes

3. Didn't accept gays or any sexual permissiveness

4. Hated anyone who wasn't white

Probably just pure coincidence.

Hey, excuse me! I brought this article up, because for starters, the section describing how a racist mindset begins to form at such a young age, as brought on by the influence of adults in a young child's life, was just disturbing to me!

Had I not divorced my 1st husband (who by the way, is racist - a discovery that I unfortunately made, only after my son was born), my son could very well have developed the same disturbing racist mindset as the author of that article!!! That thought really scared me and gave me an awful lot to think about! This thread is after all, a thread about 'Deep Thinking'. Pretty straight forward reason to post this article, in my opinion.

Contrary to your views on my bringing up this article, I did not have any deeply complicated ulterior motives such as 'white guilt' (whatever the hell that means) - what an unusual term to use! I also don't believe in posting for the sake of pleasing other people or choosing to think what might happen if I dare bruise fragile egos.

As a mum, I thank my lucky stars day after day, that I was able to shield my son from such a hostile environment whilst he was growing up!

Also, if I am being brutally honest here, if I and many others can tolerate your posts and rantings on other threads in the 'ramble on' section, you can certainly suck it up and tolerate the points of views of other posters.

Edited to add - Don't like my views? Then step away from the thread.

Edited by Emily008