DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

Because most of my adult life has been spent in meetings sitting in offices and boardrooms I can't ever actual live "downtown", I like to visit downtown, I like to shop downtown of whatever city I'm in, but I can't live downtown in any city. My in-laws and friends think its nuts wanting to live in a more rural setting. For example right now, the window is in open in my office, and I can hear about a half down species of birds chirping which I find calming. There is something about nature which settles me and makes me feel comfortable.

ok I`m not asking anyone to follow my way of believing in GOD. each human being as the right to choice if the wish to believe in GOD or NOT... but belittling someone`s faith be twisting the bible to score points is low. what the Taliban are doing is wrong. just asking the widow of the solider whom was murdered on the streets of the U.K, what about the immortal words of wisdom " HE WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD WELL DIE BY THE SWORD" ... or you could also say one mans freedom fighter is an other mans terrorist, maybe you need to be tolerate to other point of views, be teetotal, as for poking fun at the raising the dead that is in very poor JUDGEMENT... as my wife`s father a WW2 vet is die of cancer... in some ways I now wish I`d not stated anything about me faith or out look on anything as it seem some are using it to take the piss out of it, you ever have or haven't gotten FAITH, nothing more nothing less... maybe if you could then tell whatever do you believe IN...

It's illuminating how passionate people become, for better or for worse, when talking about God and religion. I'm glad you brought your faith and outlook into the conversation. It's part of who you are!! I hope I have not helped to make you feel this way! :(

slave to zep, the belittle quote was not made to you I`m sorry others say what you believe is rediculous!. are wrong to do so which is what I said at the end of my post, I`m unsure what WTF? is... like you I to enjoy exchange points of views, but there are sadly ??????, some on the site whom seem to just like poke fun at the questions I`ve posted every chance they can.. please feel free to add your views every time you wish to. some of the topics I enjoy looking into all thinks like faith, circle of life, science , the afterlife , peace , history plus many other topics... I`ve also travelled around planet EARTH, U.S. A and Australia meet other people is a great pleasing adding to the trip`s... yes literature is a best friend to all human beings, :peace:

I knew that you weren't singling me out, but I just wanted to state how things usually go when religion is discussed - that is, that my opinion is wrong/stupid/crazy etc, and the ones who believe in mainstream religions are sane/correct/accepted.

WTF, stands for what the f#*k .....

I hope we can continue to chat about this - I find it so interesting learning others views, and as I said befoe - the thhread title is DEEP THINKING, which is what we are doing...... @ lipslikecherries - it's all good :)

Sorry geekfreak, but you are starting to take this as a personal affront, that is not what it is meant to be, as for taking the piss out of your faith that is NOT TRUE, I am taking the piss out of that rag called the holy bible. As STZ said. You bible bashers expect everyone to believe in GOD. Can you just answer me one question geekfreak....Please tell me if you have at ANY time in your life had some people knocking at your door telling you not to believe in god (whether it be Allah, Jehovah or Jesus), or anybody trying to sell you books about the wrongs of Christianity. I'll tell you a strange but true story I have been asked to purchase magazines about religion in BARS!!!!As you know in the UK we get all sorts knocking on our door Jehovas Witnesses, Mormons, Christians and people who just like knocking on doors, all have one thing in common. I'll give you an example of how I upset a Jehovas Witness, they knocked I answered, asked them to wait for a minute and produced my Blood Donors card, I have donated 38 pints of blood in my life,I asked them would I still be acceptable as a J.W. They muttered something about preserving the body intact, I tried to press them more, unfortunately I seem to have got them completely out of their depth, and they scurried down my path back under the stone they crawled out from. Never had the same problems with Athiests though, strange that don't you think. I am 59 years old and I have NEVER brought up the subject of religion on a night out, a lot of my family are devout Micks, and seem to revel in trying to convert me back to Catholicism.......Anyway I digress, don't take it to heart I am anti people that try to ram religion down my throat....and I still don't believe in god, ghosts or flying saucers...as I have said many times.... If I meet or see one I will be converted. Until then I'll just wend my way through life, putting up with the shit it throws at me on a daily basis (just like everybody else),unfortunately I have to do it on my own, I don't join my hands and whisper up to the sky, expecting some miracle to happen, that just isn't about to take place any time soon. You enjoy your life, pray to your god, but please don't expect everybody else to do the same. I consider myself to be a good Christian, I am a good person in general. As I believe are most people.

:goodpost:

This is my main gripe too. I never start ranting at people when they tell me they are catholic/jewish/muslim/whatever, but I usually get head shakes/eye rolls/sermons when they find out I am an atheist.

There will always be evil in the world STZ. The devil's work is never done. Good usually has defeated evil in the end. Hitler and Bin Laden are both dead. Yes lives were lost doing it. There is no avoiding that. The world is a far more civil place than it once was.

Far more civil? are you kidding me? I don't believe that for a second. As I said before, we haven't ;earned anything yet!

Bush and Obama have done evil also. ( and many other leaders )

Because most of my adult life has been spent in meetings sitting in offices and boardrooms I can't ever actual live "downtown", I like to visit downtown, I like to shop downtown of whatever city I'm in, but I can't live downtown in any city. My in-laws and friends think its nuts wanting to live in a more rural setting. For example right now, the window is in open in my office, and I can hear about a half down species of birds chirping which I find calming. There is something about nature which settles me and makes me feel comfortable.

I feel the same. I can't wait to go back to live in the country. As soon as my youngest finishes school - 3 to 5 years, we will head back out to a quiet area. :)

Although I'm personally atheist, if you believe in God, and it helps you be the person you are and it doesn't harm you or your neighbors, have at it. Prefer happy people instead of angry people.

absolutely agree :)

It doesn't matter to me whether someone else believes in God. It's a personal thing like I said before. But I'm officially off the topic because people are getting offended which isn't right.

I don't think anyone is offended - we are just having a discussion. I welcome your point of view:)

I`m sorry if you think I`m taking it personnel, as this is not the case at all. lipslikecherries as no one is offended ,please stay on the topic it is a great discussion everyone`s point of view is most welcome, otherwise the topic stops . . . I`ve just finished my shift and now its chillin` headphones on cd`s loaded press play and I`m a away yer ... its the music of funk/rock bands

Living Colour , Dan Reed Network, Funkadelic, RHCP, Mother`s Finest and some cool jazz musicians too!. oh I`ll been off line for a few days next week as I`m away on holiday yep eeeee!.

fingers crossed I`ve planed a day of searching out a local record shop to look for so classic vinyl, £££££££££££££££ will be spent if I`ve been lucky to find some vinyl off my wish lists... oh sadly I need to replace my Black Sabbath vinyl`s there a bit battered and worn, the few times I`ve found Sabbath albums there ever worsted than mine or very silly £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$

which I personnel will not pay.

Far more civil? are you kidding me? I don't believe that for a second. As I said before, we haven't ;earned anything yet!

Bush and Obama have done evil also. ( and many other leaders )

I mean in comparison to the days of World War II and such. Do you really believe the world is like it was then? In some places yes but at a far lesser level. The entire world must fight and keep those like the Taliban down and powerless. But outside of the threat of nuclear weapons by Iran and N Korea we are a better place than in 1940's for an example. Or during the Vietnam War or even the Civil War for that matter

are the politician question`s again... its still " WE THE POPEOPLE RIGHT". we vote them in office next year its a GENERAL ELECTION, where they all

come around kiss arse, tell lies just to get your VOTE. get in power do NOTHING... one of the leaders will state that this country as WEAPONS and in we all GO, find out they don`t... who would what to be a brain dead POLITICIAN . . .

Quote:

WAR WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I`m sorry if you think I`m taking it personnel, as this is not the case at all. lipslikecherries as no one is offended ,please stay on the topic it is a great discussion everyone`s point of view is most welcome, otherwise the topic stops . . . I`ve just finished my shift and now its chillin` headphones on cd`s loaded press play and I`m a away yer ... its the music of funk/rock bands

Living Colour , Dan Reed Network, Funkadelic, RHCP, Mother`s Finest and some cool jazz musicians too!. oh I`ll been off line for a few days next week as I`m away on holiday yep eeeee!.

fingers crossed I`ve planed a day of searching out a local record shop to look for so classic vinyl, £££££££££££££££ will be spent if I`ve been lucky to find some vinyl off my wish lists... oh sadly I need to replace my Black Sabbath vinyl`s there a bit battered and worn, the few times I`ve found Sabbath albums there ever worsted than mine or very silly £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$

which I personnel will not pay.

I didn't mean I'm off the thread just the topic of God and religion geekfreak! Some of you who are contributing to this thread are already my favorite people on this forum! Everyone is so kind and respectful in this thread! It's nice. :) :)

If the Black Sabbath records you find are in worse shape than your own it must mean they've seen a lot of play! In a way that's pretty awesome!

I mean in comparison to the days of World War II and such. Do you really believe the world is like it was then? In some places yes but at a far lesser level. The entire world must fight and keep those like the Taliban down and powerless. But outside of the threat of nuclear weapons by Iran and N Korea we are a better place than in 1940's for an example. Or during the Vietnam War or even the Civil War for that matter

I believe the world today is how it has always been.

The average American doesn't waste their daily worry over threats of nuclear war from Iran or N. Korea. That is all government propelled hysteria. The average American is more concerned with not having their home broken into. Or a being a young lady and not getting raped or mugged getting into their car at night. Or being killed by the freaking drunk drivers on the road. And I'm sure it is that way for people in most countries. I think. :)

Edited by lipslikecherries

I'd say it's worse. Bigger, badder weapons. More drugs, more corruption, violence is everywhere .....

are the politician question`s again... its still " WE THE POPEOPLE RIGHT". we vote them in office next year its a GENERAL ELECTION, where they all

come around kiss arse, tell lies just to get your VOTE. get in power do NOTHING... one of the leaders will state that this country as WEAPONS and in we all GO, find out they don`t... who would what to be a brain dead POLITICIAN . . .

Quote:

WAR HooH. Good God Y'ALL! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Politicians are the pushers of war and corruption!! "For a nickel gonna sell you lots of sweet dreams."

Edited by lipslikecherries

Although I'm personally atheist, if you believe in God, and it helps you be the person you are and it doesn't harm you or your neighbors, have at it. Prefer happy people instead of angry people.

Well said Charles, I agree 100% and feel the same way.

yes a great time was had I even got in some reading time too!. enjoying the sunshine, hiking around the holiday resort was also great even the meals no moaning needed. hope you are well

liplikecherries. this week no work but DIY plenty of MOENING LOL. . . :friends::peace:

I think as a parent it's my duty to make sure my son and daughter have a real interest in music and sports both team and single and academics. I bought him a home audio system because when I kick the bucket, I want to him to have my music. I already know my princess hates my music...They are both skiing in the winter plus in the summer kayaking and swimming. On the team side, they are both active soccer players which makes me smile. The other day I noticed him eyeing a chick I know who rides sports bikes in Cow Bay and I couldn't help but grin in the back of my mind.

yes a great time was had I even got in some reading time too!. enjoying the sunshine, hiking around the holiday resort was also great even the meals no moaning needed. hope you are well

liplikecherries. this week no work but DIY plenty of MOENING LOL. . . :friends::peace:

I am glad to know you had a great time! And we all have to moan sometimes! At least you don't have to work this week. And I am well, thanks friend! :kiss::friends: