DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

On 1/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, kipper said:

Ted Nugent says, "never eat anything that is dead out of a can".

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Uncle Ted is a great guitar player, in my top 10. As a human detached from his Birdland though, forget it. What a hypocrite. Tells people drinking and drugs are for losers then is on video during an interview drinking beer. Is 100% for engaging in foreign wars for other people to fight even though he dodged the draft for Vietnam in one of the most chickenshit ways possible.

I just cannot take a single word out of his mouth seriously

17 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Uncle Ted is a great guitar player, in my top 10. As a human detached from his Birdland though, forget it. What a hypocrite. Tells people drinking and drugs are for losers then is on video during an interview drinking beer. Is 100% for engaging in foreign wars for other people to fight even though he dodged the draft for Vietnam in one of the most chickenshit ways possible.

I just cannot take a single word out of his mouth seriously

Well, at least he wasn't married to Yoko.... snap!  😛

6 hours ago, kipper said:

Well, at least he wasn't married to Yoko.... snap!  😛

Ouch!

But in all fairness, she was the best thing to happen to Lennon. People blame her for the breakup of the Beatles when in fact she likely kept them intact for an additional two years by controlling John's impulses. Lennon had been an abusive twat prior to Yoko, she changed that aspect of him to a degree and acted as the voice of reason he never had before.

Artistically she is not my cup of tea but as a human being I liked her more than Lennon.

8 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Ouch!

But in all fairness, she was the best thing to happen to Lennon. People blame her for the breakup of the Beatles when in fact she likely kept them intact for an additional two years by controlling John's impulses. Lennon had been an abusive twat prior to Yoko, she changed that aspect of him to a degree and acted as the voice of reason he never had before.

Artistically she is not my cup of tea but as a human being I liked her more than Lennon.

What do you mean John had been an abusive twat? The way he bullied and treated Brian Epstein for being gay was a sign of Lennon's true warped nature, nothing to celebrate there. And as to the rest of his virtue signalling, that was all shite.  Today he would be "cancelled" for some of his public actions.  A brilliant artist, but a horribly flawed human being. Hardly the "Imagine Strawberry Lets Give Peace  A Chance Fields Forever" he sold himself as being.  I recall him criticizing Mick Jagger for his "dancing style" using terminology which would have every corporate sponsor today running for the hills.

No, Lennon was personally responsible for his own impulses. Yoko didn't keep the band together, everyone just got sick of him, and then he played the victim. I greatly admire the other 3, especially Harrison who put up with more than any of them. And while McCartney had an ego larger than a Himalayan mountian , nobody can deny how hard he worked.

If Yoko was on a lifeboat stranded at sea for a month with 30 other people, she would the first one voted as the first "meal" and we all know it.

11 hours ago, reids said:

Why do people believe everything they see on tv?  That’s why it’s called “Programming”

R😎

Indeed, it amazes me that many people believe things that are not true.

22 hours ago, reids said:

Why do people believe everything they see on tv?  That’s why it’s called “Programming”

R😎

"Programming" as that term applies to TV networks, means the choice of content, coupled with the order of scheduling-- based on ratings, in order to maximize the bottom line profits.

But if you wanted to apply the definition of "programming" to the concept in the way you suggest, then you should apply it to advertising; that thing they do to convince you to buy a Shamwow, thigh-master, or Robot Insurance.  Because on TV the REAL content isn't the Soap Operas, it is THE SOAP.

Edited by kipper

We really need to change the national anthem from the Star Spangled Banner to America the Beautiful. I believe it almost happened in 79' but Reagan nixed it once he got in.

Reason being, SSB is about the Battle of Baltimore, does not make much sense, and is written to the music of an old English drinking song. Plus, there is the problem that as originally written, the song required a chorus of voices, not one as very few people have the register to sing it properly.

America the Beautiful makes more sense. Words & music written by an American woman, not difficult to sing, and it is all about the good things American without being boastful.

Just my $0.02 worth.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

"Programming" as that term applies to TV networks, means the choice of content, coupled with the order of scheduling-- based on ratings, in order to maximize the bottom line profits.

But if you wanted to apply the definition of "programming" to the concept in the way you suggest, then you should apply it to advertising; that thing they do to convince you to buy a Shamwow, thigh-master, or Robot Insurance.  Because on TV the REAL content isn't the Soap Operas, it is THE SOAP.

It was a rhetorical question, as I worked in television for many years and saw things that most people wouldn’t believe. The “product” is irrelevant without alpha wave “programming”.  The “programming” (Mental conditioning to short form and / or long form) is needed first to sell the “product” / content. 
http://thoughtmedicine.com/2011/06/brain-wave-basics-what-you-need-to-know-about-states-of-consciousness/

R😎

Edited by reids

29 minutes ago, reids said:

It was a rhetorical question, as I worked in television for many years and saw things that most people wouldn’t believe. The “product” is irrelevant without alpha wave “programming”.  The “programming” (Mental conditioning to short form and / or long form) is needed first to sell the “product” / content. 
http://thoughtmedicine.com/2011/06/brain-wave-basics-what-you-need-to-know-about-states-of-consciousness/

R😎

I realize you were being rhetorical, I was being satirical. I too am aware of what you speak of to some level. When I was in college I remember studying things like the Max Luscher Color Test (now discredited), and Subliminal Seduction: Are You Being Sexually Aroused By This Picture? - by Wilson Key, and some other books on various psycho-babble theory in marketing. Today marketing is probably geared more towards the use of changing people's brain chemistry with social media triggers.  Pretty much full circle back to Pavlov.

5 hours ago, kipper said:

I realize you were being rhetorical, I was being satirical. I too am aware of what you speak of to some level. When I was in college I remember studying things like the Max Luscher Color Test (now discredited), and Subliminal Seduction: Are You Being Sexually Aroused By This Picture? - by Wilson Key, and some other books on various psycho-babble theory in marketing. Today marketing is probably geared more towards the use of changing people's brain chemistry with social media triggers.  Pretty much full circle back to Pavlov.

Subliminal and contextual advertising in the “programming” along with the alpha waves...  (Or as I call them the “alpha bits”; and we’re not talking cereal here, kids)

R😎

Edited by reids

17 hours ago, kipper said:

You should read up on Edward Bernays, the guy who started this whole mess.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:19 AM, reids said:

Subliminal and contextual advertising in the “programming” along with the alpha waves...  (Or as I call them the “alpha bits”; and we’re not talking cereal here, kids)

R😎

Bingo!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, my cable service has dropped "Metv" from their lineup. I always looked forward to those Hogan's Heroes reruns, plus the Saturday Night monster movies.

I think I'm to the point where I may just drop cable entirely & stream everything, since I'm almost doing that anyways with most of my viewing favorites...

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Apparently, my cable service has dropped "Metv" from their lineup. I always looked forward to those Hogan's Heroes reruns, plus the Saturday Night monster movies.

I think I'm to the point where I may just drop cable entirely & stream everything, since I'm almost doing that anyways with most of my viewing favorites...

That’s my favorite tv network on cable. If my cable company drops it, I will drop them, too. You can’t beat those classic tv shows.

R😎