DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

55 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

It's been a real hassle trying to acquire a "Jacob deGrom" jersey online....

:unsure:

Have you checked the Mets website?  They seem to have plenty of them.

27 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

No, usually I check ebay first to try to find a lower price & I found a good deal, so hopefully I'll have it in a few days....

Ah... totally understand that.  Hope it's fab when it gets there!

• 5 weeks later...

Normally I don't order things from China but there is a 36 x 24 poster of John Paul Jones from his Them Crooked Vultures days that I really wanted. It's the only place that I could get the poster in that size. Ordered it April 23rd and it's giving me an arrival time between June 23rd and July 23rd I think. Quite a long wait.

Edited by luvlz2

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Normally I don't order things from China but there is a 36 x 24 poster of John Paul Jones from his Them Crooked Vultures days that I really wanted. It's the only place that I could get the poster in that size. Ordered it April 23rd and it's giving me an arrival time between June 23rd and July 23rd I think. Quite a long wait.

Ah yes, on the old, slow boat from China 😉 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The day of Led Zeppelin's first rehearsal (August 12, 1968) to John Bonham's death (September 25, 1980) spanned 4,427 days.

It has now been 5,067 days since the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute concert in which Robert, Jimmy, Jones, and Jason performed.

Think about that the next time you pine for a "reunion tour".

22 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

How about that Jimmy Page solo album that's supposed to be imminent?  😁

22 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

...or the chronological live album.

10 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Yes! Live album!!!! So little hope now....

+1

When are we going to finally squash the liberal social justice agenda?  This made national news since it fit with their liberal agenda, yet even after it was proven false, the national networks STILL would not play the audio without bleeping out the word "DINGER"!.  

Rockies say fan was shouting ‘Dinger,’ not racial slur

by: Deborah Takahara, Dara Bitler

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 / 06:19 AM MDT / Updated: Aug 10, 2021 / 04:45 AM MDT

DENVER (KDVR) — A day after the Colorado Rockies released a statement regarding the use of an alleged racial slur targeting Miami Marlins’ Lewis Brinson, the organization confirmed that the fan was shouting “Dinger,” the name of the team’s mascot, and not using a slur.

Monday morning, the team issued a new statement.

“After a thorough investigation that included calls, emails and video clips from concerned fans, media and broadcast partners, the Colorado Rockies have concluded that the fan was indeed yelling for Rockies mascot Dinger in hopes of getting his attention for a photo, and there was never any racial slur that occurred,” the statement said. “The Rockies remain dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all fans, players and guests at Coors Field, and any fan using derogatory language of any kind will be ejected from Coors Field.”

Video appears to show the fan in question directing his attention toward Dinger and not the player at bat. Some fans now speculating that Dinger’s name will be changed because of this.

https://twitter.com/vrhysta/status/1424577233432236038?s=20

Michelle Baum, associate professor of public relations at Metropolitan State University of Denver, responded to the debacle.

“The initial tweet issued by the Colorado Rockies was a misstep, in my opinion,” Baum said. “Based on the social media banter, this was a reasonable opportunity for the Rockies to one, acknowledge that an incident may have occurred; two, to restate and remind fans of the organization’s zero-tolerance policy; and three, to let fans know they were taking this incident seriously and investigating the matter.

“But the statement went too far by categorizing the incident as a ‘racial slur’ without any proof or confirmation,” Baum continued. “Their follow-up tweet issued today at 1:10 p.m. explaining their findings was handled appropriately. I don’t believe this will have a negative impact on the Rockies’ reputation, but this is a great reminder for all brands to gather the facts first.”