DEEP THINKING ABOUT

geekfreak

well to tell you Charles J, I do give clothes to sally army I buy the big issue every week, me and mrs gf help out the homeless over Christmas Holiday`s with meals and place to sleep with hot showers clean clothes, I`ve always felt I should do this which I`ve done for a fair few yrs now, I always feel humbled when I`m doing this... which as always made me think of others more than myself, I belive its made me a better human being... helping others will always make you feel good inside... have a go you will see what I mean :angel: ...

It wasn't. Like many British rockers of his generation, Pete Townshend attended art school. One of the concepts he picked up at Ealing Art School was "creative destruction". He decided the Who should incorporate it into their stage act and the rest, as they say, is history.

I get it, but I guess I'm too middle class or from a blue collar background to accept smashing instruments in the same of art and fun. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a lot of other kids felt the same way as I did growing up, maybe that is one reason why I took Zeppelin over The Who? I don't know, just throwing that out there to see what others think

well to tell you Charles J, I do give clothes to sally army I buy the big issue every week, me and mrs gf help out the homeless over Christmas Holiday`s with meals and place to sleep with hot showers clean clothes, I`ve always felt I should do this which I`ve done for a fair few yrs now, I always feel humbled when I`m doing this... which as always made me think of others more than myself, I belive its made me a better human being... helping others will always make you feel good inside... have a go you will see what I mean :angel: ...

That is wonderful geekfreak. You sound like such a great guy. I donate my clothes. I have never fed the homeless on the holidays but I have always wanted to. I should change that. :)

It wasn't. Like many British rockers of his generation, Pete Townshend attended art school. One of the concepts he picked up at Ealing Art School was "creative destruction". He decided the Who should incorporate it into their stage act and the rest, as they say, is history.

Creative destruction also known as cheap theatrics. :D

well its better to have showmen ship than none... which of the Seattle bands is number one, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chians or ?????

Lenny Kravitz is an amazing musicians in my humble view, I`ve been into his music from "Let Love Rule" his music is full of great riff`s, mix of funk, soul and rock his live shows are electric I`ve never meet any other Kravitz fans... would be cool if there was someone whom also enjoyed Lenny music... well the music as the song says " songs in the key of life" ... see I`m trying to be getting myself into a higher plane within my moods of being in a shit place as I`m under the hospital with an on going... so even when I am sitting listening to music I have to stop playing the music, hopefully the doctors will find out what`s going on I`ll be a VERY HAPPY geekfreak... ooh hmm yes one hundred times YES... its at times like this I do miss my mother more, as she lives in my home town of SALFORD MANCHESTER U.K

maybe after next 25/7/2014 I`ll get some answers back for some more tests ooh goody gum drops, I cannot wait to be having those tests done, its not a nice way to be having done... tell you more if you wish once I`ve gotten the info...

well its better to have showmen ship than none... which of the Seattle bands is number one, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chians or ?????Lenny Kravitz is an amazing musicians in my humble view, I`ve been into his music from "Let Love Rule" his music is full of great riff`s, mix of funk, soul and rock his live shows are electric I`ve never meet any other Kravitz fans... would be cool if there was someone whom also enjoyed Lenny music... well the music as the song says " songs in the key of life" ... see I`m trying to be getting myself into a higher plane within my moods of being in a shit place as I`m under the hospital with an on going... so even when I am sitting listening to music I have to stop playing the music, hopefully the doctors will find out what`s going on I`ll be a VERY HAPPY geekfreak... ooh hmm yes one hundred times YES... its at times like this I do miss my mother more, as she lives in my home town of SALFORD MANCHESTER U.Kmaybe after next 25/7/2014 I`ll get some answers back for some more tests ooh goody gum drops, I cannot wait to be having those tests done, its not a nice way to be having done... tell you more if you wish once I`ve gotten the info...

I like Alice In Chains more but I also like Soundgarden too. They made some great songs. I tried listening to Ten recently and it didn't do it for me like when I first heard those songs. I have never given the time to listen to Lenny Kravitz. I should give him a listen.

Geekfreak I am saddened to hear that you are having health issues. You are in my thoughts. Yes please keep us informed. We care! :):kiss::friends: Keep your chin AND your fist up!

well its better to have showmen ship than none... which of the Seattle bands is number one, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chians or ?????

Lenny Kravitz is an amazing musicians in my humble view, I`ve been into his music from "Let Love Rule" his music is full of great riff`s, mix of funk, soul and rock his live shows are electric I`ve never meet any other Kravitz fans... would be cool if there was someone whom also enjoyed Lenny music... well the music as the song says " songs in the key of life" ... see I`m trying to be getting myself into a higher plane within my moods of being in a shit place as I`m under the hospital with an on going... so even when I am sitting listening to music I have to stop playing the music, hopefully the doctors will find out what`s going on I`ll be a VERY HAPPY geekfreak... ooh hmm yes one hundred times YES... its at times like this I do miss my mother more, as she lives in my home town of SALFORD MANCHESTER U.K

maybe after next 25/7/2014 I`ll get some answers back for some more tests ooh goody gum drops, I cannot wait to be having those tests done, its not a nice way to be having done... tell you more if you wish once I`ve gotten the info...

I generally prefer Soundgarden because they have that power which I find very exciting, however, Pearl Jam has written some pretty cool catchy tunes. Hope things work out with the medical tests for you, keep pushing on!

As far as Lenny Kravitz goes, he does a great cover here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LJpPeo5TC4

yes that's a great cover of the song, we cannot all like the same things all the time, this is just my own personnel choice of a talented musician a great mix of soul, funk and rock totally icon of music in my humble opinion, which may not be yours... but than it maybe your opinion too!. where oh where am I going to see the other side of the coin which maybe I`ll always be looking at both sides of the coins, there are sometimes greater stories on the other side of the COIN... which of the stories I`ll pass on is 50/50 choice of my pick or miss out on... :bravo:

yes that's a great cover of the song, we cannot all like the same things all the time, this is just my own personnel choice of a talented musician a great mix of soul, funk and rock totally icon of music in my humble opinion, which may not be yours... but than it maybe your opinion too!. where oh where am I going to see the other side of the coin which maybe I`ll always be looking at both sides of the coins, there are sometimes greater stories on the other side of the COIN... which of the stories I`ll pass on is 50/50 choice of my pick or miss out on... :bravo:

That sounds like the start of a new thread geekfreak!!!!! Go for it.

well phew its been a day of trying to sleep with all this heat, its the downside with working nightshifts... seeking out the news I`ve found out on this forum sadly the great bluesman

Johnny Winter as passed away, another great bluesman gone to jam with the other lost musicians in the heavenly skies... that's also a reason to live life to the full when, where and how ever you can... its slightly fun as just before come on the forum I was reading last months issue of classic rock with the interview with Johnny Winter and Joe Perry spooky... just the flip of the coin 50/50 yet again, so I shouldn`t be worrying about any other stuff that fills through all the other topics which I`ve never going to change at all. so I`m off to the hi-fi play some JW, later

the topic of the day is get busy living or get busy dieing.... see you all later one and all... :peace:

yet again another horror a passenger plane shoot down, my thoughts are with the families of all on broad the flight... is there ????? sometimes I do wonder if there is a GOD, all on here now about my faith this isn`t the topic, there are so many full on horrors going on around our planet EARTH... sometimes there are ends of the world which will never find peace with each other now matter what... sometimes I could just stand up to scream my lungs out, will you leaders switch your BRAINS ON... why is it that is always we the working classes that suffer all the time, the suffering of the families of the children kill on the beach but why did this happen what`s this when two peoples cannot talk about peace than be killing each other, is there a way I will ever be I don`t now the answers only the ????????????,...

hmmm well its the usual geekfreak pseudo, religions, gps units, traditions, fellow leaders, peace loving, depressing crap. but hoping I have more

well a bit more optimism... been out on the motorcycle blow the cobwebs out of my brain until the storm hitting here, you now its true what goes around comes around, protest marching is one of those around things, I`ve done them from `75 for most calling for some anti stuff, ban the IRA, even the icon John Lennon did his bit... maybe I`ll just find somewhere to hide myself away for a short time to chill out act as if I don`t give a shit what the fucks going down, hmm that's a big fat NO!. I`ve to much longing for our planet to be safe and with peace to all mankind... like the GNR song says right next door to hell...

hmmm well its the usual geekfreak pseudo, religions, gps units, traditions, fellow leaders, peace loving, depressing crap. but hoping I have more

well a bit more optimism... been out on the motorcycle blow the cobwebs out of my brain until the storm hitting here, you now its true what goes around comes around, protest marching is one of those around things, I`ve done them from `75 for most calling for some anti stuff, ban the IRA, even the icon John Lennon did his bit... maybe I`ll just find somewhere to hide myself away for a short time to chill out act as if I don`t give a shit what the fucks going down, hmm that's a big fat NO!. I`ve to much longing for our planet to be safe and with peace to all mankind... like the GNR song says right next door to hell...

Get yourself to bargain booze and get a bottle of Zeppelin cider, drink it slowly and listen to Going To California from How The West Was Won.

ok I`m glad to say I`m totally tea total, there is a great song from HTWWW. There are better ways to find away of dealing with all my own crap, which is to be sitting in a darkroom headphones

on listening to the classical masters it works every time... never heard of Zeppelin cider....

ok I`m glad to say I`m totally tea total, there is a great song from HTWWW. There are better ways to find away of dealing with all my own crap, which is to be sitting in a darkroom headphones

on listening to the classical masters it works every time... never heard of Zeppelin cider....

If you are teetotal, you wont have, hey a darkened room with headphones on is how I spend a lot of my life.....like now.....but I'm listening to six Barclay James Harvest Albums I just bought. By the way Zeppelin Cider is a drink for sad bastards like me. Which is the great song from HTWWW? I think they are all great.

If you are teetotal, you wont have, hey a darkened room with headphones on is how I spend a lot of my life.....like now.....but I'm listening to six Barclay James Harvest Albums I just bought. By the way Zeppelin Cider is a drink for sad bastards like me. Which is the great song from HTWWW? I think they are all great.

I've drunk Zeppelin Cider, and don't consider myself a ''sad bastard''. You shouldn't put yourself down, pph :)

yawn, yawn, yawn the feeling I`ve gotten with the bright sunshine its a pain trying to SLEEP jurying the mornings after a nightshifts... where oh where will there be a place to well hmm temporarily, exit all of life`s realities bullshit my own " SECRET GARDEN" where are my keys,

crisis in mid-life, young hopeful lost in Salford, Greater Manchester and now Swindon Wiltshire why oh ooh why is life never as good as the BOOKS.

my promise were made and never forsaken the twilight of the gods, the sun is always in your eyes is grooving to the music and musicians whom are creating the Music is always a fabulous, faithfully hiding out soaking up all the creating notes of pure bliss full friendly music of all the musicians you`d wish where in your " Secret Garden" the escape Reality... maybe you will understand, where I`m coming from with this part of my post here... I`d like too ask if anyone here would be into the musicians Living Colour or what`s called black rock, there are many artist within this form of music and I`ve enjoyed many of the musicians, sly stone, jimi, prince p-funk and many others.... I`ve also a passion for the music form called progressive rock now this form of music is somewhere you truly lose your self within the music saying after would, what reality, I`ve a reasonable collection of prog muiscians the classic bands with the newer prog bands like the flower kings, spock`s beard and others... come join me in a chat LOL...

ok Charlie J. the term is from classic rock magazine about the bands or solo musicians whom feature black musicians which mix the following the music styles of rock, blues, r&b, soul and a hint of pop. sorry if what I`ve written in the post, as this wasn`t written to upset anyone. I`m please you like living colour there a favourite band of mine, since hearing on sorry reading a an interview by Mick Jagger talking about them I then. went to watch mtv there the band where on the song was " glamour boys" from these I purchased the album "VIVID" the rest is history... I`m a music junkie I`m so opened to listening to any music a great thing to me is just that open-minded about most of what go`s on around my life in my everyday life, some of my best happiest times have been when I`ve been sitting on a wall, beach or walking with a halo of music soaking into me its great to be sitting watching the sea waves and the music in may player filling my mind that's amazing. there are times when its better to just view the landscapes all a round you... one other form of music which I`ve enjoyed since aged 14yrs old that's about no it is LOL `74, it was the first time I heard in a classroom an "OPERA" it was by Richard Wagner, I`ve been finding to buying/listening too many operas... out and about looking for vinyl/cd`s which would later at home give me a pure amount of pleasure its always a "secret Garden with music" ...