Jimmy Page to appear on The Tonight Show on Monday May 12th

jnm244

I just read on Facebook that his appearance may have been cancelled.

"Led Zeppelin News

3 min. ·

It appears that Jimmy Page may have cancelled his Tonight Show appearance on Monday. His name has disappeared from the show’s website."

In the last couple of hours Jimmy's name and photo has been removed from NBC sites as well as The Tonight Show's website. Instead they're showing Jack White and Neil Young as appearing on Monday with Louis C.K.

In the last couple of hours Jimmy's name and photo has been removed from NBC sites as well as The Tonight Show's website. Instead they're showing Jack White and Neil Young as appearing on Monday with Louis C.K.

I just saw this on facebook too. Thanks for this update.

If by some chance he does show and NY and JW are on too.

It just might get louder!?

Why would he cancel this if he's in town?

The articale from Rolling Stone. It's in the current issue. Robert doesn't want to reform because he's not bored. It's all been posted in Led Zeppelin news if you haven't read it.

What is it that you are hoping for, in all honesty?

+1.

I was going to respond to rosiet's post earlier, but I had already gotten a spanking by another forum member for being rude.

It's a bit creepy, IMHO.

Seems odd that Jimmy would fly all the way over from the UK and just do the Berklee event in which he is honored. He gets invited for Jimmy Fallon to promote the upcoming Zep boxes and cancel it because of a news article. Doesn't make sense as SAJ said yesterday to come over here for one thing. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe more to this!

Seems odd that Jimmy would fly all the way over from the UK and just do the Berklee event in which he is honored. He gets invited for Jimmy Fallon to promote the upcoming Zep boxes and cancel it because of a news article. Doesn't make sense as SAJ said yesterday to come over here for one thing. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe more to this!

I have seen on facebook he is in New York now. We'll just see. Cookie posted in Led Zeppelin news that he is doing interviews on Wednesday for the boxsets.

I have seen on facebook he is in New York now. We'll just see. Cookie posted in Led Zeppelin news that he is doing interviews on Wednesday for the boxsets.

Just wondering where this info came from? If he cancels, it would seem that there is no gain by doing so. A show like Fallon's will only help sales and promoting these boxes, while probably having some video or sound clips to help of some of the alternate versions. Much more so then an interview or feature cover story from a magazine, regardless of the publication. My feeling is TV has much more of an impact than magazines, even if online. Just trying to make something of this as I'm not exactly sure what to say. Bit confused on all of this. :huh:

Glad to hear you had a good time at Berklee! :thumbsup: Had a chance to go, the day before, but lodging was a bit expensive and not much time to do this and taking off half of Friday with little notice from work!

Just wondering where this info came from? If he cancels, it would seem that there is no gain by doing so. A show like Fallon's will only help sales and promoting these boxes, while probably having some video or sound clips to help of some of the alternate versions. Much more so then an interview or feature cover story from a magazine, regardless of the publication. My feeling is TV has much more of an impact than magazines, even if online. Just trying to make something of this as I'm not exactly sure what to say. Bit confused on all of this. :huh:

Glad to hear you had a good time at Berklee! :thumbsup: Had a chance to go, the day before, but lodging was a bit expensive and not much time to do this and taking off half of Friday with little notice from work!

That is all very true and odd. They could avoid asking him questions pretaining to the articale, so I don't know if that is the entire reason. That is the rumor.

I watched the entire cereomey and some of the concert on line. I did have to work on Saturday in the second part of the day. Sadly, I was not presant. If I could have been, I would without question. I actually had just been to the record shop that Jimmy and Ross visited in November.I am surprised they found it. Its not easy to get to. Its on the bottom floor of another shop. I am trying not to believe this would have been my only chance. I am hopeful by Jimmy's future plans. We'll just have to see what unfolds between today and the day of interviews on Wednesday. He must be exhausted.

Jimmy's publicist could very easily tell the Tonight Show production that he will come on and talk about the upcoming releases, the doctorate, etc. but questions about reunions are verboten. It's all very strange indeed.

Perhaps his interview slot was cut down to the point of it being deemed not worth it by his publicist/management.

This seems like the most likely reason. NBC are making a really big deal out of Jack White's interview and Neil Young's performance promoting his new album - and teased that they'll play together.

:(

The articale from Rolling Stone. It's in the current issue. Robert doesn't want to reform because he's not bored. It's all been posted in Led Zeppelin news if you haven't read it.

I find it hard to believe that Jimmy Page would cancel an appearance simply because of something that appeared in Rolling Stone. Hell, I find it incredulous that Jimmy even bothers to read Rolling Stone...it's a useless piece of fish wrap.

This seems like the most likely reason. NBC are making a really big deal out of Jack White's interview and Neil Young's performance promoting his new album - and teased that they'll play together.

Are we sure it's the real Neil Young and not Jimmy Fallon doing his amazingly spot-on Neil Young impersonation? ;)

Archived