Jimmy Page to appear on The Tonight Show on Monday May 12th

jnm244

I find it hard to believe that Jimmy Page would cancel an appearance simply because of something that appeared in Rolling Stone. Hell, I find it incredulous that Jimmy even bothers to read Rolling Stone...it's a useless piece of fish wrap.

Are we sure it's the real Neil Young and not Jimmy Fallon doing his amazingly spot-on Neil Young impersonation? ;)

I am very confused now as Cookie posted that Jimmy was seen at NBC studios today. Who knows at this point.....

I am very confused now as Cookie posted that Jimmy was seen at NBC studios today. Who knows at this point.....

It is indeed confusing. I had assumed that Jimmy's appearance on the show was off, but there's multiple reports of people at NBC Studios for The Tonight Show seeing and meeting Jimmy there. If he's not on the show tonight, maybe he's recorded something for the future.

It is indeed confusing. I had assumed that Jimmy's appearance on the show was off, but there's multiple reports of people at NBC Studios for The Tonight Show seeing and meeting Jimmy there. If he's not on the show tonight, maybe he's recorded something for the future.

We can only hope. Thank you for this update, Cookie.

I find it hard to believe that Jimmy Page would cancel an appearance simply because of something that appeared in Rolling Stone. Hell, I find it incredulous that Jimmy even bothers to read Rolling Stone...it's a useless piece of fish wrap.

Are we sure it's the real Neil Young and not Jimmy Fallon doing his amazingly spot-on Neil Young impersonation? ;)

Hmmm....you may be on to something Strider! I think, it would be wise of all of us to tune in tonight! With Jimmy actually in the building....why else would he go there, unless he and Ross want to dine in the area. But, somewhere with less tourist traffic in NYC would be better, by going downtown!

Here's a tweet from a member of the crew at The Tonight Show which pretty much confirms Jimmy's presence there AND shows that he was mingling with the other guests on tonight's show.

Hallway: John Mayer, Jack White, Neil Young, and Jimmy Page. Same time. A direct line for sure to four women I've dated ..surreal.

https://twitter.com/zellerfred/status/466027482421153792

I hope JImmy will make an appearance, even if it's a smaller slot because they changed the schedule for more of Jack & Neil (If that is, in fact, what is happening). If he does go on, it would be so fun to see him sit in with Jack & Neil on a classic every guitarist knows. It was so fun to see him sing along "The Weight" on "It Might Get Loud", Jimmy seemed to be enjoying himself and sounded good!

Now I see the other posts that tell me it isn't going to happen. That would have been so sweet.

Thought I'd ask the crew member whether Jimmy is on tonight's episode. He only recorded the clip today, it's airing in a future episode.

I wonder if this clip will be one of those musical skits...like when Fallon has the real Bruce Springsteen accompany his "Neil Young"? Could it be Jimmy Page joining Fallon as "Robert Plant"?

Anyway, here is a brief note about tonight's Tonight Show, which I thought an east-coaster would have posted by now, given that they're three hours ahead of me.

No Jimmy Page. Not even a mention of him coming up on a future episode. Comic Louis C.K. was the first guest and talked about his boat and new season of his tv show. His slot lasted two commercial breaks and then it was Jack White and Neil Young. First they talked about Jack's automatic recording booth and Neil's new album that was recorded entirely using the booth. After a commercial break, Neil then demonstrated the process by going into the booth (Jack White had brought it from Nashville), and playing the country classic "Crazy" while it recorded his performance. After another break, they played the record on a portable phonograph.

Neil's album, titled "Letters From Home", is being released May 27.

Jack White did not play guitar. Wonder if Jack could get Jimmy Page to record something in his booth?

I was at the Tonight Show taping yesterday and Jimmy Page was taped at the end of yesterday's show and they said it would air on a later show. Was very cool, fairly long interview. At the start of the taping of the show yesterday we were told we were going to have two extra surprises we were going to be able to stay for at the end. The first was a second song by Neil Young and the second was Jimmy Page. Was a very cool show to be at. Saw Zeppelin back at MSG in 1977.

I was at the Tonight Show taping yesterday and Jimmy Page was taped at the end of yesterday's show and they said it would air on a later show. Was very cool, fairly long interview. At the start of the taping of the show yesterday we were told we were going to have two extra surprises we were going to be able to stay for at the end. The first was a second song by Neil Young and the second was Jimmy Page. Was a very cool show to be at. Saw Zeppelin back at MSG in 1977.

Nice! What kind of topics were discussed?

The Berklee graduation . . . remastering the Zeppelin record collection, first meeting of some of the Stones in a van. The quick rise of Zeppelin after they got together, some old photos. Was fairly long interview.

The Berklee graduation . . . remastering the Zeppelin record collection, first meeting of some of the Stones in a van. The quick rise of Zeppelin after they got together, some old photos. Was fairly long interview.

Sounds excellent, thanks for sharing.

Normally I would not even stoop to the level of these comments. And I by no means need to defend myself to any of you. But I will with one last post. It appears you have an agenda, and have appointed yourself judge and jury. Congratulations you have driven out yet another member from this horrid forum. I have been an avid record collector for many years. Religiously, every weekend I visit my favorite record shops to buy vinyl. And I am indeed a long time Zeppelin fan. Otherwise I don't know why I would be a part of this forum. I find it interesting that you don't find it stalking behaviour of the large groups, both male and female, that were camped out at Jimmy's hotel in Boston. Or that any single member of this forum, given the opportunity, would not want to meet Jimmy, Robert, or whomever. I went to my shops on Sunday, and shortly after being in one of them, Jimmy did walk in. Both of us were looking at the same albums and he walked UP TO ME. He said hello and he initiated a conversation about what I was buying, about Boston, and other subjects. I did not ask for an autograph or a picture. We continued our conversation up at the register, and then said our goodbyes. It was a lovely meeting that normally I would be pleased to post, but not on this forum.

No wonder why former members leave this forum, because of some of the truly evil ones left. There are always people that have to cut others down in a public, personal way in order to feel better about themselves. Good luck with that.

That's a cool story. Don't sweat the catty talk; it means nothing in the real world, and is not really a reflection on you. There can be a fine line between being a fan and going over board, and it may have seemed to some that you crossed that line. I would personally have withheld my judgement of you, if I was not certain as to the full story, but now you have made it clear for all to understand. Don't be packing up camp. You are as welcome here as anyone else, and I would enjoy the opportunity to talk vinyl with you over these threads, in the future. I've met Jimmy too, and spent a good bit of time with him on that day, and he is indeed a very kind man.

Normally I would not even stoop to the level of these comments. And I by no means need to defend myself to any of you. But I will with one last post. It appears you have an agenda, and have appointed yourself judge and jury. Congratulations you have driven out yet another member from this horrid forum. I have been an avid record collector for many years. Religiously, every weekend I visit my favorite record shops to buy vinyl. And I am indeed a long time Zeppelin fan. Otherwise I don't know why I would be a part of this forum. I find it interesting that you don't find it stalking behaviour of the large groups, both male and female, that were camped out at Jimmy's hotel in Boston. Or that any single member of this forum, given the opportunity, would not want to meet Jimmy, Robert, or whomever. I went to my shops on Sunday, and shortly after being in one of them, Jimmy did walk in. Both of us were looking at the same albums and he walked UP TO ME. He said hello and he initiated a conversation about what I was buying, about Boston, and other subjects. I did not ask for an autograph or a picture. We continued our conversation up at the register, and then said our goodbyes. It was a lovely meeting that normally I would be pleased to post, but not on this forum.

No wonder why former members leave this forum, because of some of the truly evil ones left. There are always people that have to cut others down in a public, personal way in order to feel better about themselves. Good luck with that.

Rock On rosiet Rock On!!! Glad you had a nice chat with Jimmy... I've heard of him always being nice to his fans... true gentleman

I can't wait to see this interview... plus who knows what pics they pulled out!!!

It looks like the person you were having a problem with has now been banned, so there's no need to leave. The forum's usually a pretty friendly place but there is occasionally a bit of jealousy towards people who've met band members etc. (which is a shame as it's driven away one or two people who really did know what they were talking about and were mines of great information). Don't let it bother you. The forum won't get any better if trolls stay and nice people leave.

Even if you had been hanging out at that record shop on the off-chance of meeting Jimmy, I reckon calling that "stalkerish" would be a bit harsh - I mean, it's a public place. Some people hang around his house, and although I personally think doorstepping someone in their own home is a bit intrusive and OTT and I wouldn't do it, the fact is that numerous pictures show that his response to it has frequently been to chat to the fans, cheerily pose for pics and so on. He has stated he loves meeting fans, and seems to have been happily meeting dozens of them on this latest trip to the US. It doesn't seem like he's bothered by the friendly attentions of sane, respectful, polite people who admire him.

Rosiet, if you leave, it only makes them happy and awards them a sense of power over you that doesn't really exist. The Bobbsey Twins come and they go...they never stick around for long...so it's not worth paying attention to anything they say. I mean, really, who cares about the photos used in avatars...if they are current or not? They like stirring up the pot so ignoring them is the best revenge.

Trolls crave attention and bickering, so if we all ignore them, eventually they'll get bored and go somewhere else.

Thanks for the post, PlanetPage...great to hear an initial review of the companion discs! I am thrilled to hear that the alternate SInce I've Been Loving You is even better than the studio version...WOW!!! SIBLY may just be my all time favorite LZ song, the one that I must hear, the one that immediately melts my heart and touches my soul! I can't wait to hear it!!!!!

^^ My record shop guy was just saying the same last time I saw him. He heard some of the bonus tracks at some conference or convention and said it's amazing stuff! I can't wait to hear it all, especially SIBLY, although I can't imagine liking any version more than the one that made it to LZIII.

Archived